Profile for Al Berni > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Football Chairman Lite
Football Chairman Lite

5.0 out of 5 stars The fans know nothing, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Football Chairman Lite (App)
Rather addictive game and difficult to get the fans backing, as chairman. What do they want...Blood?

Vax S4 Grime Master Handheld Steam Cleaner
Vax S4 Grime Master Handheld Steam Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars worse than a waste of money, 19 April 2014
Bought this to clean kitchen cupboards, tiles and oven. I ended up just reverting to the old chemicals and hard work method because this thing took ages to shift the tiniest bit of grease. Not only a waste of money, therefore, but a waste of time as well.

Falling
Falling

5.0 out of 5 stars Very haunting; very memorable, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Falling (Kindle Edition)
I read this book, actually the paperback version, sometime back in, I guess, the 1990's. I found it immensely moving and perceptive about human nature. It was a blinding read and I have continued to follow this author's work over the years. I would say he is one of the very best.

I intend reading the novel again and, although the book was very memorable, slowly but irresistibly unfolding page by beautiful page, I only wish I could remember where I put my copy of it.

The Last Sunset
The Last Sunset

3.0 out of 5 stars An engaging read, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Last Sunset (Kindle Edition)
Nicely written and decent plot, although it fizzles out in the latter stages. The author has a pleasant style though.

Original Album Classics
Original Album Classics

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
These CDs are a bit of a bargain at the price I paid. Another group that I only heard bits and pieces of, in the 70's, and thought it was worth trying these for the money. There is a lot of good stuff here and excellent musicianship, if you like rock music.

Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Offered by brrsales

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good album that I missed during the 70's, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Heartbreaker (Audio CD)
I had only heard a few Free tracks, during the 70's so the albums bypassed me. However, last year I bought a greatest hits and, on the back of that, bought the rest of their albums. This album seems to be viewed, by many, as not one of their best but I have to say I disagree. Bundrick's keyboards add something extra to the Free sound and the songs are great.

Unusual Suspects
Unusual Suspects
Offered by Fulfillment Express

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Unusual Suspects (Audio CD)
Bought this because I read a decent review and like the Mountain CDs that I also purchased recently. I have to say that my biggest issue is probably Leslie West's vocals, which are a bit too high octain and get a bit wearing after a few tracks.

Lancashire Textiles SLIGHT SECOND King Hotel Quality 4inch (10cm) Deep 100% Cotton Cover Mattress Topper
Offered by Lancashire Textiles

2.0 out of 5 stars Makes sleep a little softer, 30 Dec. 2012
Okay prodcut but no better than putting an old quilt on top of the mattress so, although it does make my bed a little softer little is probably the most important word.

STANTON VC-1 DJ accessories Vinyle accessories
STANTON VC-1 DJ accessories Vinyle accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars nothing special, 30 Dec. 2012
I bought this to replace a worn out record brush but I don't think it is any more effective than any other similar product that can be bought for a lower cost.

The Decca Stereo Anthology
The Decca Stereo Anthology
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sixties pop/rock, 30 Dec. 2012
I was a kid in the sixties and don't remember the zombies from that time. However I do like quite a lot of sixties stuff, although there was also a lot of rubbish around, just like any other era. I bought this album having heard two or three Zombies tracks, in subsequent years, and think it is good value at the price. There are quite a few really good tracks here and one that has become a favourite of mine, 'Tell Her No', which is terrific. I just want to keep playing it over and over.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3