Profile for happycamper > Reviews

The Solar System Lift the Flap Book
The Solar System Lift the Flap Book
by Five Mile Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for primary aged children, 25 Jun 2011
I bought this for my daughter's 6th birthday and she loves it (and so do I). Lovely clear pictures and lots of small paragraphs of text make it perfect for browsing again and again. I don't know what it is about books with flaps but they seem to attract children to books of any subject.

Hair Wraps and Braids: Includes Everything You Need to Create Super Cool Hairstyles [With Step-By-Step Book and Hair Wrap Thread & 35 Hair Accessories (Smart Girls)
by Roger Priddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 25 Jun 2011
I'd never done hair braiding before and this book enabled me to learn and set up a stall at our school summer fair that had queues of girls all day. Only about 8-10 pages but each one has clear step-by-step instructions for different types of braiding. The pages are strong and plastic coated so the book should withstand a fair amount of handling too. Loads of beads and threads although I use my own embroidery threads to supplement the colour choice. The only thing that would have been useful (which I made myself) is a looped wire tool for threading the beads on.

Hello Kitty and Kathy SES Creative Beads Gift Set
Hello Kitty and Kathy SES Creative Beads Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for Kitty fans, 25 Jun 2011
My girls (4 and 6) love Hama beads and love Hello Kitty so this was always going to be a winner. We had got bored with out old Hama shapes and these create really nice sized kitties to play with or give away to friends. Hama beads are great for keeping children absorbed for relatively long periods and improve their fine motor skills as soon as they're comfortable to pick them up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2011 2:54 PM BST

Overcoming Insomnia and Sleep Problems: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
by Colin Espie

5.0 out of 5 stars A Miracle cure!, 27 April 2011
I can only echo the other reviews for this book and recommend it to anyone who is having sleep problems. It was recommended by my GP as being used in the NHS and is written by a very experienced medical professional, based on a method that has been proved successful in clinical trials. I hadn't slept through the night for 6 years after a couple of years of sleep deprivation when my children were babies. I would wake every night around 3 and stay awake for about 2 hours. Just reading the book, keeping a sleep diary and completing the CBT exercises has changed my life and I don't think i've woken up in about 4 months now.

GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide (with online edition) - Higher
GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide (with online edition) - Higher
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, comprehensive book, 27 April 2011
I do some GCSE Maths tutoring and was looking for a book to use for my lessons. This is a great book with structured explanations and lots of useful practice questions. I would recommend to any parent or pupil.