Profile for Lucy Melton > Reviews

Content by Lucy Melton

Lucy Melton "lucymelton" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 3 Jan 2014
This book led me to announce to my family that J. K. Rowling is the greatest author of our time. It's written in the same easy to read, casual style of the Harry Potter books, and is engaging and entertaining. There's something about the way Ms Rowling writes that just makes the story flow and nothing gets in the way of your understanding of what's going on. Once my head was in this book it didn't really come out of it till the end, and when I had to come out of it (to eat occasionally) I was desperate to carry on reading.

A very easy, fun, entertaining read for adults.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not earth shattering, 3 Jan 2014
Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, I think I just expected a little more after all the hype. The book took me a while to get into; it takes you into the lives of a few people who are seemingly totally unrelated, and I found it hard to work out why I was reading about them until things came together later in the book. Once it picks up the story moves along at a good pace and keeps you interested until the end, and I did feel engaged with the characters.

New Do not open until 25th December Luggage Gift Tags x 6
New Do not open until 25th December Luggage Gift Tags x 6
Offered by 2w

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 3 Jan 2014
These are really thick, luxurious tags, which impressed my gift-receivers. They're very thick - we're talking millimetres here - and the surface is a little shiny to write on but I used a fibre tip pen and had no problems.

5M x 25mm Double face satin ribbon - Navy blue
5M x 25mm Double face satin ribbon - Navy blue
Offered by Ashprintlondonltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 3 Jan 2014
Very good value for money, flawless, quality ribbon. I used mine as bows for Christmas presents but would happily use it in a sewing project. The colour is deep and rich and consistent.

Ex-Pro Switch Adaptor 3 Gang, Three way individually switched Adapter
Ex-Pro Switch Adaptor 3 Gang, Three way individually switched Adapter
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good - very compact!, 3 Jan 2014
I bought this because I needed more sockets in my kitchen and didn't want an extension lead dangling in the way. I needed something with individual switches because some of the things I'm plugging in I wanted to be on all the time (toaster) and some didn't need to be (fairy lights).

Let me start by saying this is very compact. Which is a good thing and a bad thing (potentially). It fits in very neatly, is nicely flush to the wall and isn't obtrusive. The only issue I have with it is that because it sits below the original socket you need to make sure you have clearance for the wires coming out of plugs underneath it - one of mine wouldn't go in because it's a moulded plug with a hard plastic protrusion underneath, but with a bit of lateral thinking and jiggery-pokery it fits. Of course it you're using it for things like phone chargers where the cable comes out of the "top", or something like my fairy lights where the cable is skinny, this isn't an issue.

I've literally received it today and installed it immediately so as far as its ability to stand up to use is concerned I have no idea. It feels quality made and good value for money, and the things I've plugged into it work.

Another thing to note - mine doesn't have the logo on the top of it like the picture here - which in my view is a good thing.

Andrew James Milk Frothing Thermometer, High Quality Grade 304 Stainless Steel
Andrew James Milk Frothing Thermometer, High Quality Grade 304 Stainless Steel
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd bought it sooner!, 11 Dec 2013
I was given a beautiful Gaggia Brera for my birthday in August, and still hadn't managed to get steaming milk quite right. It was either too cold or scalded, depending on how cold my hands were to start with (I was touching the outside of a metal jug to test the temp). I've just used this thermometer for the first time and the latte I'm drinking while I write this is heaven! Just right; I haven't had to rush to drink it and it tasted smooth and creamy, just like it's supposed to be! Worth the full price, let alone the reduced price, in my opinion!

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
This is a great thriller with a difference! It's an easy read (I read it in about a week) but it's entertaining and draws you in. Definitely recommended it to lots of friends already!

LuvTab® Asus Memo Pad 301 ME301T (10 inch tablet) Multifunctional Multi Angle Wallet / Cover / Stand / Flip Case, with Bullet Stylus Pen (Red)
Offered by Laptop Kit UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, nice colour, does the job!, 15 May 2013
I've just received my red tablet case - it's great! It fits my Asus ME301T perfectly, allowing access to all of the ports, sockets, buttons and controls. The tablet sits in there nice and neatly, doesn't move around and feels good and secure. The colour is brighter than I was expecting, but it's a really nice bright cherry red, so I'm pleased with that. Great value for money.

Labyrinth
Labyrinth

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - but not as compelling as Sepulchre, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Labyrinth (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book - it's very descriptive, so it feels quite long winded but it's worth persevering with.

Panasonic RP-HTX7E-P Retro Style Monitor Headphones - Pink
Panasonic RP-HTX7E-P Retro Style Monitor Headphones - Pink
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy ears!, 11 Nov 2011
I ordered these headphones last Sunday. The courier (Yodel) attempted delivery on Wednesday and I managed to get hold of them today (Friday - Yodel were a bit rubbish to be honest). So all in all they would have arrived quickly if Yodel weren't useless.

Now to the product... wow! They are sooooo cute and soooo comfy and sound soooo good! I was a little nervous about spending over £30 on a pair of headphones, but I'm so pleased I did. They're delightful. The sound quality is amazing (good highs and lows) - they're not sound cancelling but they do a pretty good job of excluding outside sounds, and they trap so much sound in that there's no disturbance to people nearby even at quite a high volume (high enough for you not to hear them speaking at all).

They fit beautifully, they're really comfy and stay in place nicely. They look fab too - they're classy pink, look very expensive and are definitely a grown up toy.

I let my husband have a listen (he's into home cinema and sound quality and all that jazz) and he's a fan of them too.

Definitely a product I'd recommend. :)

Page: 1 | 2