Profile for PHILO 1 > Reviews

Content by PHILO 1

PHILO 1 "PHILO"

The Thing About December
The Thing About December

5.0 out of 5 stars The prose is so rich and wonderful it should be savoured and read out loud, 7 Dec 2014
An astonishing book that i came across by chance in my local library.
I was taken straight back to my childhood in 50"s London and became familiar again with
the speech of my parents,, the absurd humour and turn of phrase they used.Ryan manages to capture the
essence of Irishness,The prose is so rich and wonderful it should be savoured and read out loud.
My heart ached for Johnsey his loneliness and apartness echoing the lives of members of my own family who stayed at home with their parents on the farm whilst their siblings married and emigrated.They in turn never grew up but remained childlike and maudlin..separated and cosseted from the big wide dangerous world.

Rrakala
Rrakala

5.0 out of 5 stars sublime, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rrakala (Audio CD)
The best c.d i've heard for a long time...a gift from my brother who has exceptionally good taste.
Yoiu will not be disappointed Gurrumul has a voice so pure it is transcendent

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars STAY STOPPED, 10 Mar 2013
I stopped smoking due to bronchitis and by reading this book a FEW TIMES i stayed off the weed.
Allen makes it very clear that you can't just have ONE cigarette because if you do you're back
on the slipppery slope.
I had smoked for forty years and stopping smoking is the greatest gift i could give myself.

Nicorette Nicotine Inhalator with 42 Cartridges
Nicorette Nicotine Inhalator with 42 Cartridges

1.0 out of 5 stars nicorette inhalator 10mg 42x cartridges, 12 Feb 2013
I stopped smoking 3 weeks ago, i tried the inhalator at night when the cravings were at their peak
not only could i not sleep but my mind was all over the place.
By chance at the library a couple of days later i saw a copy of Allan Carrs Stop Smoking The EASY WAY borrowed it and hav'nt looked back.
As an on and off smoker for 40 YEARS this book has helped me STAY OFF!!
I wanted to share the good news so if you are struggling READ it.