Profile for ifisurvive > Reviews

Content by ifisurvive

ifisurvive (England)

New HTC One Mini (M4) 2013 BLACK Gel / Silicone / Hybrid Case Cover Skin With BONUS HTC One Mini Screen Protector - Accessories Accessory By InventCase®
Offered by Sunny Savers Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good simple cover, 27 Jan 2014
The cover fits very well and looks good. Seems to offer good protection from scratches and basic bumps. Happy purchase.

Rogue Trooper: Welcome To Nu-Earth
Rogue Trooper: Welcome To Nu-Earth

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor kindle version, 31 Dec 2013
The stories are fine, I remember a lot of them from when I used to read the comics and that's what I bought it for. It's not clear why these specific stories have been collected as there are a lot of clear gaps and it doesn't even fully finish a major story arc.

I bought the kindle edition and read it on a 10 inch tablet and it was horrible to read. Presumably scanned from a very small original because it was very blurry on full screen, sometimes hard to read the words.

I got it very cheap and it was enjoyable to remenise, so it wasn't too bad for me, but I would not recommend it to anyone.

Evil Empire: 101 Ways England Ruined the World: 101 Ways Britain Ruined the World
by Steve Grasse

1.0 out of 5 stars Neither funny nor enlightening, 15 July 2007
I read this expecting an amusing swipe at British history and was very disappointed. The history aspect consists of lightly touched rants on topics that are covered in millions of other books (if you didn't know the facts discussed you could save you money and get the same detail from about 30 seconds of searching on the internet).

For a humourous book it fails on a fairly major point that it's not funny. Satire need to be well written and IF this is meant to be humourous it just comes across as the kind of hateful rant you'd see a teenager write on an internet forum.

Family Guy - Season 4 [DVD]
Family Guy - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Family Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 May 2006
This review is from: Family Guy - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Contrary to pretty much every other review here I think this is the worst series so far. I am a huge fan of Family Guy and own all the DVDs but this just seemed the weakest so far. All previous series have been great funny stories combined with occational hilarious surreal flashbacks. This series seems to be weaker on storylines, more relient on playing to old jokes and obsessed with cramming in as many flashbacks as possible (which I never thought was possible, but actually gets a bit anoying after a while).

Don't get me wrong - there are still flashes of genius (the A-ha video springs to mind!), many laugh-out-load moments and this series takes things a lot closer to crossing the line of taste whilst still keeping it very funny. But best series? No.

All Families are Psychotic
All Families are Psychotic
by Douglas Coupland

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually, I really liked it, 17 Oct 2001
I bought this book and Generation X to read on holiday. I found Generation X a bit of a disappointment, though this proabably is because the first Coupland book I read was 'Girlfriend' and everything is downhill from that, also because it incorperates so may of the features of his later books (I guess I should have read it first). On the other hand I really enjoyed 'All Families..'. No, it's not zeitgeisty, no it's not as touching as 'Girlfriend', it's just a well written, enjoyable read with great characters. My second favourite Coupland book.