Profile for M. L. Thomas > Reviews

Content by M. L. Thomas

M. L. Thomas (Abingdon, UK)

Kookai G2751 Women's Jumper Off White Large
Kookai G2751 Women's Jumper Off White Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 10 Jan 2013
The whole process was excellent. I ordered from Amazon's sale at 4pm, had an e-mail at 8pm saying it had been despatched, another at 9am the next morning saying it would be delivered by 2pm and it arrived at 12:30! The jumper itself was much better than I expected and everytime I've worn it people have commented on how nice it looks. Who needs shops - sorry and all that, but from a customer's point of view the on-line system works :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2013 9:40 PM BST

Frozen Planet
Frozen Planet
by Alastair Fothergill

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Frozen Planet (Hardcover)
Frozen Planet may well be David Attenborough's last major documentary and he's certainly kept the best till last! I ordered the book after the first episode and have now pre-ordered the DVD as well. Many thanks to the writers Fothergill and Berlowitz. This series is absolutely amazing - what television is all about - bringing into our homes sights and experiences we could never otherwise enjoy. I've laughed, cried, and been absolutely stunned by the wonders that been so brilliantly filmed by the camera crew, many of whom have risked their lives to bring us the footage - the wolf/bison chase for instance. Attenborough's voice has been the backdrop through most of my life and I'd like to thank him most sincerely for that. He's probably seen first-hand more of the world of nature than anyone else on the planet and I hope that his opinions, based on such wide-ranging experience, will make a positive contribution to the climate change debate. Frozen Planet has shown us all too clearly what we stand to lose!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2011 5:32 PM GMT

The Troubled Man: A Kurt Wallander Mystery
The Troubled Man: A Kurt Wallander Mystery
by Henning Mankell

4.0 out of 5 stars A sad goodbye, 1 May 2011
I thought the Troubled Man of the title was going to be Wallander himself but no, it was one of the main protagonists, Linda's father-in-law, who goes missing unexpectedly, followed a few weeks later by his wife. That's not to say that Wallander wasn't his usual troubled self in this excellent final story in a first class series - he wouldn't be the Wallander we know and love if he didn't keep questioning himself and his past. Apart from the usual mystery to solve, there's also a lot of wide-ranging European politics in this book. It also paves the way for Linda to take up where her father left off so we can look forward to more Swedish crime I hope. I always wonder how much of Mankell himself is in Wallander - I'll be able to ask him perhaps when he comes to the Woodstock Literary Festival later this month.