Profile for jnwhite > Reviews

Content by jnwhite

jnwhite

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Metamorphosis and Other Stories (Dover Thrift Editions)
The Metamorphosis and Other Stories (Dover Thrift Editions)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good (wierd! ) story, 1 Oct 2014
Read it some years ago for O level, and am enjoying reading it again. A good (wierd!) story.

Aquila Red Series Single Unwound Low G Concert Ukulele String
Aquila Red Series Single Unwound Low G Concert Ukulele String
Offered by Omega Music

5.0 out of 5 stars This string does the job very well indeed and I am very happy with it, 1 Oct 2014
I use this string on my spare ukulele so I can play some songs where I need a bass string. I would not have my main ukulele with a bass string - the high fourth string (G) is what gives the ukulele its distinctive bright sound. This string does the job very well indeed and I am very happy with it. I have noticed some reviewers say that the lower G string breaks soon after putting it on the uke. I think this is because they tune it an octave too high! It needs to be an octave BELOW the usual G. If someone who doesn't realise this and uses a tuner to tune their uke, then they will tune it too high and the string will break. So this string is excellent for the job when it is tuned correctly!!

Blue Ceramic Solar Cascade Water Feature With LED Light - Complete with Battery Backup and Mains Adapter for Indoor Use and Solar Pump
Offered by Primrose

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, works perfectly, 26 Aug 2014
Looks great, works perfectly. As soon as the sun hits the solar panel is starts working. A very good plus in its favour is the that pump is silent, and all that can be heard is the water pouring through the pots.

iBoutique Retractable IB64GUSB2 64GB USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive - Jet Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Aug 2014
I have put all the files (including photos and music) stored in my computer into this flash drive, and there is still have of its capacity available. Great!

The Provincial Lady - The Complete Series
The Provincial Lady - The Complete Series

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 13 Jun 2014
This book sort of plods along, but it is an interesting read, a bit like and "olde worlde" version of Bridgitte Jones' diary!!

The Innkeeper's Wife
The Innkeeper's Wife

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 13 Jun 2014
If I had wanted a take one the story of the nativity, I would not have chosen this one. Honestly, the Bible's version is better!!! This was trite and light and boring and predictable. If you want a REALLY good "take" on the nativity story, try "How Far is it to Bethlehem" by Nora Lofts. Now that IS worth reading...

Ibanez UEW10QM Ukulele in Exotic Wood Design
Ibanez UEW10QM Ukulele in Exotic Wood Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality ukulele for the price, 13 Jun 2014
Very pleased indeed with this ukulele, it is a pleasure to play and is excellent quality. For the price of £113 it is hard to beat.

Gtech AirRAM Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Gtech AirRAM Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Webbasket

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 18 Nov 2013
Best vacuum cleaner we have ever had. It is light, does the job, no electric wire to trail (hurrah!). It seems to go for ever on a single charge, and so seldom needs to be plugged into its charger. It's not good on stairs, so we are waiting to take delivery of the new Air-RAM for stairs and awkward corners, etc.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 18 Nov 2013
Sorry, J.K. To me this is the second "pup" after the Harry Potter series. Actually, I am not being totally fair as "The Casual Vacancy" wasn't bad, just not as brilliant as I expected. But this book . . . it is totally BORING, the characters are also totally boring, and it just didn't seem to be getting anywhere. I lost the will to read any more after getting just over halfway through and I abandoned it for better books. It is still languishing in my Kindle, but I won't be going back to it.

Margaret Powell's London Season
Margaret Powell's London Season
by Margaret Powell

4.0 out of 5 stars A good interesting read, 18 Nov 2013
Obviously this is now dated, but it is a fascinating insight on the London Season. I ordered this book because I read it many years ago, and enjoyed it, as I have enjoyed all of Margaret Powell's books. She is a very good observer or people and situations.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3