Profile for bookie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Pilgrimage: An Image of Mediaeval Religion
Pilgrimage: An Image of Mediaeval Religion

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 9 Nov. 2014
Fascinating book on the history of pilgrimages and life in the Middle Ages. Beautifully written , very fluid and easy and with lots of amusing anecdotes. It's made me smile quite a few times. Definitely the best book to read on the subject. I'm glad I bought it.

Like a Tramp, Like A Pilgrim: On  Foot, Across Europe to Rome
Like a Tramp, Like A Pilgrim: On Foot, Across Europe to Rome

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilgrimages are Age, neither new nor old but now, 30 Sept. 2014
I loved this book. Harry Bucknall writes with humour as well as an eye for detail. I'm interested in walk the away myself and so was delighted to find. My worry now is he made it such a good walk the thousands from The Camino will flood the road - it's that good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 12:26 PM BST

Traditional Ziegler Oriental Frisee Washed Antique Effect Rug Runner Mat,Cream/Tile Red - 66x240cms
Offered by Dove Mill Retail Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it!, 3 Feb. 2014
The rug arrived in really good time, exactly when I was told it would and I unwrapped it, lay it down and it's fantastic. No curling up, no corners raised to trip over. I'm really impressed at the quality. I think I may get more from them.

A Short History of the World
A Short History of the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pulling together of facts, 4 Jan. 2014
We learn history in episodes which is sometimes quite confusing. What was going on in Europe when China was at the height of its early civilisations...... This book gives us the whole history of the world in chronological order. Easy to read and informative, I would recommend it for anyone interested in our past.

The Ravens: The True Story Of A Secret War In Laos, Vietnam
The Ravens: The True Story Of A Secret War In Laos, Vietnam

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad read, 17 Dec. 2013
A story from an age ago, thank goodness but I read it as I travelled around Laos and it gave me a perspective, perhaps one sided but interesting.

Columbia Psych To Hike Long Sleeve Women's Shirt - Fossil, X-Large
Columbia Psych To Hike Long Sleeve Women's Shirt - Fossil, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels good on, 17 Dec. 2013
Quality is good and it falls well and I'm happy with it. I would recommend it as a very practical travel item.

3m - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable by Cablesson - (VIDEO Adapter lead for Apple iMac- Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air & PC with Mini DP etc.)**Supports Audio and New Thunderbolt Port** Full HD 1080p 24k Gold Plated
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, 17 Dec. 2013
It arrived well packed and on time and I simply plugged it in and it works brilliantly. Well worth it and no hassle

Canon Pixma iP100 Portable Inkjet Printer
Canon Pixma iP100 Portable Inkjet Printer
Offered by Deals4Geeks

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, 27 Jan. 2013
It's always with trepidation that I buy something like this sight unseen but this has more than exceeded my hopes. The quality of the colour printing is brilliant for a small printer and b/w and documents is completely fine. It's also incredibly easy to set up and being so small it's not in the way as so many printers are. I highly recommend this.

Glad Rag Doll
Glad Rag Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous voice, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Glad Rag Doll (Audio CD)
She has the most wonderful voice and she gone back to trad jazz here, it's marvellous. I absolutely adore settling in and simply enjoying.

The First World War: Germany and Austria-Hungary 1914-1918 (Modern Wars)
The First World War: Germany and Austria-Hungary 1914-1918 (Modern Wars)
by Holger H. Herwig

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant read, 27 Feb. 2012
Considering the subject it's a really easy read and packed with information without overloading the reader. Of the books I've recently read on the Eastern Front of the First World War this is easily the best one

Page: 1 | 2