Profile for Richard Baxter > Reviews

Content by Richard Baxter

Richard Baxter "Richard" (Maubourguet, France)

Page: 1 | 2
The Keep Talking Shop® Slim Fit Wallet Case Cover With View Stand Functionality for Nokia Lumia 625 (White / Grey)
Offered by Keep Talking Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price you cannot beat it, 7 Jun 2014
I bought this for my son as he had just changed his phone. He really likes the fact that the inside of the case keeps the screen clean and that he can prop the phone up on its stand

10 x PLASTERBOARD PICTURE HOOKS - HOLDS UP TO 7KG ON DRYWALL
10 x PLASTERBOARD PICTURE HOOKS - HOLDS UP TO 7KG ON DRYWALL
Offered by Trade Supplies-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 29 May 2014
I bought these online because my local HomeBase store could not guarantee to stock the Canadian made "Wall Biter" hooks I have always used in the past. Either they are so popular that everybody has bought them or there is a problem with supply.

I was a little sceptical about whether or not these would be as good but I needn't have worried. They are tough, do the trick biting well into plasterboard to give a firm fixing and I've hung everything from a small picture to a large (and quite heavy) clock on my walls.

A great product and I would happily recommend it.

Panasonic RP-HJE100E-P Ear Canal Headphones -Pink
Panasonic RP-HJE100E-P Ear Canal Headphones -Pink
Offered by magicdiscounts

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic headphones for the price, 29 May 2014
I bought these for my wife as she does a lot of jogging with her iPod plugged in and destroys headphones. They've stood up so far and she loves the colour. A word of warning however, the jack plug is protected with some sort of grease and when she first used them she complained that they were faulty - a quick wipe with a clean tissue on the metal plus solved that!

I liked the design so much I bought some blue ones for myself (I really couldn't bring myself to use her pink ones).

Incipio Atlas Waterproof Case, Black  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]
Incipio Atlas Waterproof Case, Black [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite (5th and 6th Generation)]

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and probably waterproof but I am not sure I want to test it!, 29 May 2014
I chose this because I read a lot on holiday and wanted something that would stand up to being thrown around in beach bags, etc. it certainly lives up to the image as it's tough and protects my kindle. I have splashed it by accident a few times and it's never leaked but I have to be honest I don't have the guts to do as it shows on the image and actually immerse then thing. If I drop my kindle in the sea (or other body of water) and it survives then I'll update this review...

Three Musketeers eBook Boxed Set: All Six Thrilling d'Artagnan Novels in One Giant eBook

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set of classic reads, 6 April 2014
Bought as a present for my wife who had only ever read the first one. I guess I can blame BBC for the renewed interest. The stories stand the test of time and remain a set of ripping yarns yet still manage to give a little focus on the social history of the era.

Professionall diver watch -automatic movt. sapphire glass 1000m T245
Professionall diver watch -automatic movt. sapphire glass 1000m T245
Offered by Designwatchstore(AGB-unter-Verk.-Hilfe)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Solid Watch, 5 April 2014
Wow, this was a birthday present for me from my wife and it's just great. Chunky, bullet-proof and best of all automatic so no batteries. Will have to wait for summer to see how it performs underwater but I reckon it's going to be spot on for scuba.

The return of Gunner Asch
The return of Gunner Asch
by Hans Hellmut Kirst

4.0 out of 5 stars A gift for a collector, 5 April 2014
My father-in-law needed just this book to complete his collection. Not my taste but he loves it. Book arrived quickly, good price and in good condition.

Old Style Willow Bicycle Basket With Good Leather Straps. Code HH060
Old Style Willow Bicycle Basket With Good Leather Straps. Code HH060
Offered by BHMA Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size and shape, 4 Jan 2014
Fantastic quality, fits my wife's retro-style bike perfectly and great value for money. Time will tell how long it lasts but it looks like it's built for longevity.

Wolf 1500 Watt SDS Heavy Duty Rotary Impact Hammer Drill 240v - Complete with SDS Drill Bits 8/10/12mm, 2 x Chisel Bits & Heavy Duty Storage Case. 3 Functions Rotary, Rotary with Impact & Chisel

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy but amazing power, 10 Nov 2013
I bought this after doing a lot of research into SDS 3 mode hammer drills and I was a little concerned because of comments made about the bits sticking. I don't have a clue why I worried.

This thing is very heavy. It's a full 6kg not the 3.5kg advertised on the site but for brute force and all-day use I cannot fault it. As long as you grease the bits (like almost all SDS drills) then no sticking problems and I expect it to last for years.

Just brilliant.

Off Season
Off Season

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a great read, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Off Season (Kindle Edition)
I was very disappointed in this book. I suppose it is meant to be "racy" and exciting but I found it rather poorly written and a bit of a "poor man's Stephen King"

Page: 1 | 2