Profile for K Cowell > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
A Great First Date: The Guide to this Postmodern Love
A Great First Date: The Guide to this Postmodern Love

5.0 out of 5 stars You don’t have to be single to enjoy it, 31 Mar 2014
I've been a reader of Logan's since the old LJ days and have read most of his other works. Unlike his crime drama book - which I enjoyed but really is nothing like his usual style of writing - this one is just like his blog but in condensed form. Pick up a copy, even if you’re not single. I’m actively dating and have used some of his advice already.

Streaking For Mother
Streaking For Mother
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars The dialogue between Ashley and Nadine is priceless, 31 Mar 2014
The dialogue between Ashley and Nadine is priceless, as good as any Hollywood script. There are moments when my cringes burst into laughter finding myself saying OMG a lot.

The house is reminiscent of a shared house by university students, but ten years older and a touch more manic.

What I liked:

Nadine's character is a sexy feminist, crazy and forgiving. Yanna is the mother hen again sexy and probably the most level headed. Spam Solo is a troubled and secretive black man, as geeky as he could be, and a genius with his hands.

Shaun's denial has kept him in the closet all his life. But when it comes to streaking he is king until Ashley comes along.

All have unresolved issues, that's why Ashley is there to help them get through the death of their Matriarch and they are there to straighten out Ashley from a life of a playboy.

They all have to team up and fight off a local Councillor and art gallery owner Streaker style - I won't elaborate her it's priceless and again cringe.

The ending was full of twists and a shock.

They don’t streak for the sake of exhibitionism they do it to survive and maintain the lifestyle behind the doors of their Pawnbrokers.

The King's Throne: The Elysian Blade of Truth (The Kings Throne Book 1)
The King's Throne: The Elysian Blade of Truth (The Kings Throne Book 1)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done to the author, 28 Mar 2014
A seeming simple idea has been developed by the writer to have a few twists and turns. The characters are a little different, and the faerie world created has elves, dwarves, humans, dragons, and magic. A really good read. I'm sure it will appeal to different kinds of readers, but not all. This is one you need to read and judge for yourself. I was utterly impressed by a good style of writing which presented a great read.

Quit Sugar NOW! How to Stop Your Sugar Addiction and Start Your Sugar Detox Today! (Diets, addictions recovery)
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars No more sugar!, 26 Mar 2014
I had heard about this sugar is bad for you lark and thought here we go again, another fad. Anyway I know that sugar makes you fat and I wanted to lose some pounds so I thought why not give it a try. Well, did I learn a thing or two about sugar that I didn't know. The book goes into why sugar is harmful, why we are addicted to it and how we can avoid it. I think I've been convinced now and am going to watch what I eat more closely and wait for the changes! Recommended

Bedtime Stories: 5 Bedtime Stories for Children
Bedtime Stories: 5 Bedtime Stories for Children

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read unique stories., 24 Mar 2014
I usually read to my daughter right before bed. Most stories are alike but these stories had I never heard before. They were good length and easy to read.

INCREASE YOUR MIND POWER: The Science of Clear Thinking
INCREASE YOUR MIND POWER: The Science of Clear Thinking
Price: 1.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A very very useful book, 24 Mar 2014
I have now read 3 books by this author and i really like her contents and writing style. This one focuses on how to rewire the neural pathways that contain the thoughts that create my actions. WOW. I also really liked her "Law of Attraction Matrix" book. It is also totally exceptional. Read them both!

THE LAW OF ATTRACTION MATRIX: The Secret Science Behind Law of Attraction Success
Price: 2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars A 5 star read, 24 Mar 2014
This very well crafted little book presents an easy to understand and brilliant explanation of how to better use my mental potential. The author made the science of the mind very easy to understand. This is the best I have seen lately on the powers of our human brain/mind - period! Read it and tap into more of your mental potential. I am going after more of Dr. Ammon-Wexler's books for sure.

Her Deceit: A Tale of Love, Betrayal and Redemption
Her Deceit: A Tale of Love, Betrayal and Redemption
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice change if you're tired of overly racy and erotic stories, 24 Mar 2014
I really enjoy romantic stories. Most of the popular books are way to sexually explicit for me or full of foul language. As a Christian I really don't want to fill my mind with that kind of stuff... but on the other hand I don't want stories where the heroine is some kind of unrealistic saintly goody-goody... So if your tastes are like mine you will enjoy this. I did see another reviewer complaining about it being too short... but that is spelled out clearly in the description so it doesn't seem fair to blame that on the author.

Foxes: Those Cute & Cunning Canines!
Foxes: Those Cute & Cunning Canines!
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good book for children who are interested in foxes, 24 Mar 2014
The child I bought this for is interested in all kinds of forest animals like bears and wolves and such, and this book on foxes was a good fit for him. He especially was surprised to learn about how that Russian scientist came up with a way to make some foxes into pets. Not sure if it's a good idea... but like i said I thought that was really interesting.

Brian Jones Decides To Kill Someone
Brian Jones Decides To Kill Someone

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and thought provoking, 21 Mar 2014
This made me laugh all the way through. I liked the authors flirtation with blasphemy. Plenty of heresy in all that twee English humour. Only gave 4 stars because it was too short!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6