Profile for Lewis > Reviews

Content by Lewis

Lewis (Baldock, United Kingdom)

How To Train Your Dragon: How To Cheat A Dragon's Curse
How To Train Your Dragon: How To Cheat A Dragon's Curse

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible on iPad, 5 May 2014
Looks terrible.

Does not display properly on a new iPad.

I cannot really add much more other than to say what is the point of a book that is of such poor quality.

Nursery Songs Piano Book
Nursery Songs Piano Book
by Trace Moroney

1.0 out of 5 stars Piano Electronics snapped inside - not purchased through Amazon - gift from Santa (Distant Relatives), 28 Dec 2013
It's the 28th of December and my children have gotten around to wanting to get daddy to read and play the music to this book. I pulled the battery tab out, no response from the keyboard, I replaced the batteries, still no response. Upon tilting the book from side to side there was rather a disconcerting rattle. I pulled the keyboard off of the front of the book and took it to pieces. There is an IC board, integrated circuit board that runs the length of the keyboard and upon which the keys on the piano press against to make electrical contact and hence the noise is generated. The ICB is snapped in two places and is unrepairable. I am surprised at the damage as the keyboard does not have enough travel or flex to allow you to snap the ICB in this way, my point, if I were you I would buy a similar book from another publisher as I suspect there is something wrong with the quality control of the piano manufacturing.

OXLUX® 10W SMD LED Floodlight Cool White - Ideal Replacement for Halogen
OXLUX® 10W SMD LED Floodlight Cool White - Ideal Replacement for Halogen
Offered by Sunraise

1.0 out of 5 stars Fatal manufacturing problem - DO NOT BUY, 17 Oct 2012
Your products are fatally flawed, someone can die, it is as basic as that.

I only found this flaw when I opened up the back of the lamp to replace the included flexible cable with a longer one.

If you open one up by undoing the screws on the back you will see that the earth lead is loose and on the wrong screw.

The screw is too long and cannot be tightened further meaning that the wire that protects the metal case from becoming live as a result of a fault is not connected properly.

This unacceptable connection makes very poor contact and therefore the resistance between the metal of the casing and the cpc conductor (the earth lead) is very high where it should be close to zero.

I have received 5 and they are all the same.

Unless one of your other customers actually opens the back up then they will not notice this fatal flaw in the manufacture.

Now as the body of the lamp is metal if an earth fault occurs then because there is no continuity to earth the circuit protective device will not function and anybody touching these lamps will get a fatal electric shock.

I used a Seaward PAT tester to test the continuity and also a Megger 1730.

All 5 lamps FAILED the PAT test.

I challenge you to open some up and look for yourself.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2014 3:59 PM BST

Continuous Ink System (Ciss/Cis) for HP 363 Ink Cartridge Series Printer i.e. c5180/c6180/c7180/c7280/c8180/c6280/d6160/d7160 Printer - Manufactured by Inkbottles Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars leaking in the box from new and printer rejected cartridges, 14 Feb 2010
It was a bad sign to start with when I could see that there were spots of ink inside the packaging.

I cleaned things up and replaced the broken connectors with the ones already supplied in the box.

This made little difference to the leaking from at least three of the cartridges.

And the good news is that the printer was not fooled by the non authentic cartridges.

Best thing I did with these was to put the whole lot in a sealable plastic sandwich bag wrapped in kitchen paper and throw the ensemble in the bin.

Cleaning my office up afterwards took a while.