Profile for snoozy > Reviews

If I Should Die Before I Wake
If I Should Die Before I Wake
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 21 May 2014
I really enjoyed Eileen second instalment and her journey into adulthood. in fact I was gutted as I flipped to the next page on my kindle to discover her journey had come to an end. her spirit and integrity are qualities that have carried her through, she asks for no pity from the reader only that you share her hopes and desires for a normal family unit, safe and secure, keeping her demons deep inside. a truly honest and remarkable human being deserves these things, and I sincerely hope that into the 90's and beyond, to present day she found and sustained what she so deserves. I hope there will be a next instalment, and cannot wait to find out if she forges a relationship with the mother she never knew, and continues to soar, and grow as she matured. I wish for Eileen, everything she desires and deserves, she is a credit to her family, adopted and paternal, and a credit to the social work system that failed her and could have ruined her life, if she had so let it.

As I Lay Me Down to Sleep
As I Lay Me Down to Sleep
Price: 4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 18 May 2014
I enjoyed this book more than a lot of the others of the same ilk. possibly due to coming from Glasgow and really not knowing what an upbringing overseen by social services involved. Eileen had two main things to contend with, being adoption and care. the book rarely brings the adoption up as an issue, more a misfortune, given the parents in which her care was untrusted. how these people were ever allowed to adopt a child, let alone two is beyond me. the book was repetitively self analysing, although I imagine this was Eileen point in writing it. therapy in itself. at times it looked too deep for answers and reasons. I am looking forward to the next instalment, hoping it will be a more content and happier journey.

Night song of the last tram: A Glasgow childhood
Night song of the last tram: A Glasgow childhood
by Robert Douglas
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 April 2014
I read this book on its release, and to this day it was the best memoir I have ever read. It made me laugh and cry in equal amounts. I was so moved by mr Douglas's story that I wrote to him personally via the publisher. I received a lovely letter in return from mr Douglas himself, thanking me for my time and effort in writing to him. I was compelled to read the next instalment of his journey through life, and was not disappointed. It was as enjoyable and emotional as the first. I was then almost saddened when instalment 3 was released knowing that that was were his story would end. I have reread the 3 books since and enjoyed them as much as the first time around. I have to say, the following fiction did not move me as did the memoirs. And I was a tad disappointed in them. Anyone who reads night song will not be disappointed. If you are familiar with glasgow and the area that Robert grew up in it will evoke memories for you, if on the other hand you have no knowledge of the places he will paint for you, in words his childhood.

Locked In: One Girl's EXPLOSIVE TRUE STORY of Child Abuse (Child Abuse True Stories)
Price: 0.79

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time send money, 25 Nov 2013
A truly sad story, if it is ever told in its entirety. But this was a waste of ten minutes! Yes, ten minutes is all it takes to endure this sad manuscript. It's confusing, abrupt, and reads like a short story submitted to some horror mag!
Even at 79p it is a waste of money. I agree it would have been hard for the writer to keep up that degree of momentum, but I'm ever so glad she didn't. It spared me wasting any more time on what would have been another journey into cathartic recovery on the writers part. I hope this scribble was extremely loosely based, for the authors sake. But in the meantime, she is happily excepting peoples hard earned cash for nothing more than a few pages of hazy memories. This should not mascarade as a book, it's more of an article of reflection.
Tragic and traumatic, we will never know how this man got away with his abuse, or did he? I will not spend another 79p on finding out if another chaotic instalment ever comes to pass.

Tia Sharp - A Family Betrayal: The True Story of how a Step-Grandfather Murdered the Young Girl Who Trusted Him.
Price: 3.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Tabloid trash!, 13 Nov 2013
This book should not qualify as being labelled a "book", it is merely tabloid extracted trash. Who cares what neighbours think? But the entire book is bulked out by what people thought and felt. It is nothing more than tabloid extracts and heresay from locals. You learn nothing more about the case than what was available in the media. To then further try and bulk it out and draw any comparisons to the philpotts case or the April jones murder is crazy. You are led to believe that this book will give you an insight into hazel's life, and how things ended up the way they did, but it doesn't, clearly the author knows nothing more than the media allowed him to know. I am sick of these journalistic rehashes. Save yourself some money and google the case, and see 1st hand accounts from the people that matter, her family, on YouTube!

More Ketchup than Salsa
More Ketchup than Salsa
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy fun read, 11 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Although it was rather a quick read. I read it in a day whilst on holiday, and as it was cheap you can't really complain.

A Year In Holloway (Miriam's Life Book 2)
A Year In Holloway (Miriam's Life Book 2)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 11 Nov 2013
A well written book that takes you on a journey with the main character. It was easy to read, and enjoyable.

Once Upon a Crime - I Grew Up in Britain's Hardest City, Where the Only Way to Survive Was on Your Wits
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, honest and witty, 11 Nov 2013
It is well written, brutally honest, and at times witty. An enjoyable read. A great escape away from the norms of fiction.

Down Among the Dead Men
Down Among the Dead Men
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting insight, 11 Nov 2013
An interesting insight into a world that many of us know nothing about. It's well written, witty and respectfull. An easy, enjoyable read and not overly graphic where it does not need to be.

Secrets of a Webcam Girl: A Memoir
Secrets of a Webcam Girl: A Memoir
Price: 1.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 11 Nov 2013
An interesting insight into a subject that most of us know little or nothing about. Put plain and simply, PC prostitutes. I'm not going to go on and on about it, it is what it is, and is a break away from the norms of fiction

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4