Profile for J. Mccormack > Reviews

Content by J. Mccormack

J. Mccormack

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mobile Zombie Transparent Silicone Bumper Case Cover And With Screen Protector For iPhone 6 Black
Offered by Mobile zombie

1.0 out of 5 stars SCRATCHED my phone!, 8 April 2015
left small marks/dents on my phone! Just buy a better one. This one is cheap and nasty.

M Missoni Zigzag Knitted Scarf In Blue
M Missoni Zigzag Knitted Scarf In Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A little touch of luxury!, 8 Sept. 2014
This very fine wool scarf is invitingly soft and the colours are beautiful. I bought this for an 18th birthday present and it was very much appreciated. Not an everyday purchase but I would recommend this to anyone who wants to make a statement without spending too much.

Parkland
Parkland
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, acting, poor dialogue, poor direction!, 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Parkland (Amazon Instant Video)
There are other much better DVDs dealing with the assassination of JFK. Acting poor lacked realism seemed very amature and over dramatic, it was like watching a 'tabloid' version of this tragic story. It is an area of history I am interested in, which is why I rented Parkland, but even so I found it difficult to stay with it to the end. I would not recommend wasting money or time watching this again. It was presented in an over sensationised manner, all in all it was a very irritating experience. Don't bother.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made shoe, poor fit, 5 Aug. 2014
I liked the shoe and the fact that it as made in the uk. However, the fit around the heel was poor. I'm looking for some other shoes by karrimor that are not so low cut around the heel. I will also be looking for a trader that doesn't charge for returns!

Andrew James Large 30cm Traditional Cast Iron Baking Stone Ideal For Welsh Cakes, Scones, Breads, Pizza And Crepes
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars At last pizza that tastes like they should., 22 July 2014
At last I can make pizza that taste like the ones we used to buy in Italy. I recently bought a couple of pizza books that both recommend cooking the dough in a blisteringly hot pan, quickly topping the base whilst in the pan then cooking the topping under a very hot grill. The results were amazing. The only Problem was transferring the dough into the pan. This is where the baking stone wins, it is much easier to slide the pizza onto it- not having a peel I use a cake lifter instead.
I've also used the stone to make bannocks, Indian flat breads, and wraps. All were delicious. The concave bottom hasn't been a problem so far. I'm still getting used to cooking at very hot temperatures, this weeks pizze were overdone, whereas last weeks were perfect. At this price it is an excellent buy. I've actually purchased a second stone so that one pizza can be cooking on the hob and another one is under the grill so that we can all sit eat together. I'm hooked!!

Bacheldre Watermill Organic Stoneground Strong Unbleached White Flour 1.5 kg (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bread making flour, poorly packaged for transit., 17 July 2014
The flour itself is wonderful. However, it is badly let down by the packaging. This month two, of the four, bags had burst open in transit. Nearly every month there is normally at least one bag that has not survived the journey intact.

I have changed my subscription to Shipton Mill, both the product and the packaging are excellent. Putting several bags of flour in a large, and loose fitting, bag is not enough protection. This isn't helped by amazon throwing everything in a large and flimsy box, which often arrives in tatters.

Pizza Pilgrims: Recipes from the Backstreets of Italy
Pizza Pilgrims: Recipes from the Backstreets of Italy

5.0 out of 5 stars The pizza book I've been searching for., 5 July 2014
This is the book I've been searching for! For the first time since moving from Italy to Shetland I've had pizzas that tastes the way they should. I'd long since given up on the idea that I could buy a pizza that in any way resembles a genuine Neapolitan pizza. Every Friday used to be 'pizza night' and we were spoilt for choice when we lived in Italy. Over the past few years I've been tweaking the way I made pizza at home and the results were getting better.
Last night they took a leap forward when I used the method described by the Elliot brothers. My family thought I'd gone mad when they came into the kitchen and there was a cast iron frying pan heating up on the hob and the grill was on full blast as well. They were gearing up for bitter disappointment until they had their first bites 'this is just like being back at Cisco's' - our favourite pizzeria. They were pleasantly surprised at the results, amazed more like.
This book is so evocative, the recipes remind me of days in a sunnier clime, where life is taken at a slower pace, where students would argue about about who grew the best cherries and where old men would sit for hours in the local bars clutching a single Prosecco whilst they put the world to rights. The kindle format isn't brilliant and the list of ingredients appear as long columns with only a couple of words on each line, longer words being split over two lines. However the recipes themselves are a good selection of the things my family like to eat, that being said I probably have most of these recipes in other books. What sets this book apart from all the others is the method of cooking pizza, it's ingenious, it works, the pizzas were simple and delicious.
Thanks to the 'Pizza Pilgims' Pizza night had been reinstated and I've just bought another heavy pan so as one pizza is being finished under the grill the next one can start cooking on the hob.

Nymphomaniac: Volume I
Nymphomaniac: Volume I
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars A provocative movie, 2 Jun. 2014
I felt more than a little nervous settling down to watch this - I knew once my wife saw the title in the browsing history I might have some explaining to do. And I've seen two other Von Trier films - Dancer in the dark and the much holwed about 'AntiChrist'. They're not my favourite films but they weren't as bad as all that hype. One thing I will say is that this film is provocative and stays in the mind.

Cirio Smooth Passata 1 Litre (Pack of 6)
Cirio Smooth Passata 1 Litre (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product, 14 May 2014
This is a brand I used to buy when we lived in Italy. It's nice and thick, not too acidic either. At the - asilo -nursery my sons attended Cirio passata was heated up and used as a pasta sauce. Good value, versatile product.

Dartington Crystal Circle Decanter
Dartington Crystal Circle Decanter
Offered by China Chaps Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely simple design., 14 May 2014
This decanter is a delight to use. We don't like things that are too ornate and we were delighted to discover this decanter with its simple lines, It is a good weight and feels nicely balanced to hold when either empty or full. It looks good and it appears to help a nice 15year old Glenlivet disappear at an alarming rate. A lovely object; we purchased the set of 2 Whisky glasses and water jug to go with it as we liked it so much.
This style of decanter suits our tastes, the quality is excellent as is the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4