Profile for John W > Reviews

For Life Stump teapot White 18 oz
For Life Stump teapot White 18 oz
Offered by PureGusto

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teapot, 15 Jun 2014
All the taste of leaves none of the aggro of cleaning them out of the pot afterwards! Just remove the infusion basket and turn it upside down and tap the leaves out

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Saving Factory SF120 Safety Razor, 2 April 2014
The illustration shows a plastic travel/storage case. When it arrived it is packed in a blister pack, I have now read other reviews and find that the case is no longer supplied! I am returning the razor as I need some form of case when packing to travel or risk cuts from a loose razor in a wash bag!
Not as expected so bought an alternative on eBay!

Going Back Home
Going Back Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Back Home; Johnson & Daltrey, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (Audio CD)
I Bought this on the strength of hearing one track on the radio ( I keep it to myself).
I could not believe that a man nearing 70 (when recording) could produce such a clear, strong tone (Roger Daltrey was 70 on 1 March) he has obviously learned to manage his voice and sing in a key and range where he can actually hit all the notes without sounding as if he is straining, unlike some of his peers! Equally, for a man given under a year to live in January 2013, Wilco Johnson should be on a cloud playing a harp! However he clearly felt he had unfinished business with his Fender.
I have been a Who fan from the start (early to mid sixties) but am nowhere near so familiar with Dr Feelgood or Wilko Johnson's work,this is a wrong I will have to right! What a guitarist this man is, I have heard interviews with Roger Daltrey and he has said he wanted to do this album for fun (and the Teenage Cancer Trust to whom he is donating his share of the earnings from this album) this sense of fun can be heard in the music and performances.
All in all a terrific album!

The Great Train Robbery: The Untold Story from the Closed Investigation Files
The Great Train Robbery: The Untold Story from the Closed Investigation Files

3.0 out of 5 stars The great train robbery (kindle), 12 Mar 2014
A fascinating account of one of the most notorious robberies of the last 50 years. The only issue which spoils the kindle edition is that there are explanatory notes which are at the end of each chapter.

One And All
One And All

5.0 out of 5 stars One and all, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: One And All (Audio CD)
I bought this CD As we have had the first one for a while and like it , I think this album is great as well, although my other half is not so keen.

COLT® Two Port 2.1A USB Car Charger - Free Delivery by Amazon - Charge 2 USB devices at once, Compatible with all Apple iPad's, iPhone's, and iPod models, all HTC and Samsung models including Samsung tablets - BLACK
Offered by MPB Trading International

1.0 out of 5 stars Colt two port car charger, 12 Mar 2014
When I received this item it worked fine the first two times I used it. The third time, the light failed to come on and my device did not show any charge being taken, I therefore returned it!

Gildan 18000 Heavy Blend Adults Crew Neck Sweatshirt Maroon XL
Gildan 18000 Heavy Blend Adults Crew Neck Sweatshirt Maroon XL
Offered by Leisurewear Online Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweatshirt, 26 Feb 2014
Good quality fabric (I think) arms and shoulders fitted OK, too short in the body so had to return. No problem getting refund!

GrassVillage® Aluminum Credit Card Holder Wallet Pocket Aluminium Case Box Credit Card Protection Waterproof Case (Black)
Offered by DaniOnline

1.0 out of 5 stars Aluminium card holder, 26 Feb 2014
I used this for a short time before the "pin" holding the plastic hinge together fell out rendering the item unusable, no problem obtaining a refund though.

kilofly Aluminium Credit Card Holder - Matthew
kilofly Aluminium Credit Card Holder - Matthew
Offered by kilofly shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Kilofly Ali credit card holder, 19 Feb 2014
Bought this ALL METAL item to replace one with plastic hinge and closure clip which did not last very well. As I sit in a vehicle most of the day, this prevents my cards getting bent whilst in my back pocket!
Arrived very quickly we'll packed. So far so good!

Thermos Ultimate Flask, Graphite, Steel,  0.5 Litre
Thermos Ultimate Flask, Graphite, Steel, 0.5 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos ultimate flask, 12 Dec 2013
The price of this flask is much higher than others. I make coffee and eight hours later it is still too hot to drink "in one". Just proves the old adage - you get what you pay for!

Page: 1 | 2