Profile for John W > Reviews

Content by John W

John W

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gildan Mens Ultra Cotton Pique Polo Shirt (XL) (Black)
Gildan Mens Ultra Cotton Pique Polo Shirt (XL) (Black)
Offered by 247Clix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gildan polo shirts, 10 July 2015
I have had these shirts in the past and been very happy with the fit and fabric so I knew what to expect. They are ideal for work, even in the recent hot weather the 100% cotton fabric means you do not feel too uncomfortable.

Oregon Scientific RM308 Classic Projection Alarm Clock
Oregon Scientific RM308 Classic Projection Alarm Clock
Offered by Smart Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Oregon Scientific radio controlled clock, 6 July 2015
Radio control means no guessing if the displayed time is correct! The projection saves having to wriggle around to see the time in the dark, a good buy

The Evacuees - Children Of War [DVD]
The Evacuees - Children Of War [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Evacuees, 6 July 2015
Bought for someone else who has enjoyed it!

Eyekepper Stainless Steel 3-Pack Spring Hinge Half-rim Reading Glasses Men Women
Offered by Eyekepper

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready readers, 6 July 2015
These glasses seem to be good value and I can now see to read comfortably, the spring loaded side hinges mean they are a good fit

Mitchells Wool Fat Shaving Soap Refill (125 g)
Mitchells Wool Fat Shaving Soap Refill (125 g)
Offered by Marmaduke The Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Mitchell's wool fat shaving soap, 28 Oct. 2014
I have tried lots of shaving creams, foams, oils, gels, etc over the years. I reverted to a brush and ordered this after reading reviews. If there is a "better" product, I will not find it as am so pleased with this. I will be using this as long as I can get it! Lathers easily, lasts well, gives good razor glide and leaves my skin as soft as the proverbial baby's bum

For Life Stump teapot White 18 oz
For Life Stump teapot White 18 oz
Offered by Tealux UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teapot, 15 Jun. 2014
All the taste of leaves none of the aggro of cleaning them out of the pot afterwards! Just remove the infusion basket and turn it upside down and tap the leaves out

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Saving Factory SF120 Safety Razor, 2 April 2014
The illustration shows a plastic travel/storage case. When it arrived it is packed in a blister pack, I have now read other reviews and find that the case is no longer supplied! I am returning the razor as I need some form of case when packing to travel or risk cuts from a loose razor in a wash bag!
Not as expected so bought an alternative on eBay!

Going Back Home
Going Back Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Back Home; Johnson & Daltrey, 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (Audio CD)
I Bought this on the strength of hearing one track on the radio ( I keep it to myself).
I could not believe that a man nearing 70 (when recording) could produce such a clear, strong tone (Roger Daltrey was 70 on 1 March) he has obviously learned to manage his voice and sing in a key and range where he can actually hit all the notes without sounding as if he is straining, unlike some of his peers! Equally, for a man given under a year to live in January 2013, Wilco Johnson should be on a cloud playing a harp! However he clearly felt he had unfinished business with his Fender.
I have been a Who fan from the start (early to mid sixties) but am nowhere near so familiar with Dr Feelgood or Wilko Johnson's work,this is a wrong I will have to right! What a guitarist this man is, I have heard interviews with Roger Daltrey and he has said he wanted to do this album for fun (and the Teenage Cancer Trust to whom he is donating his share of the earnings from this album) this sense of fun can be heard in the music and performances.
All in all a terrific album!

The Great Train Robbery: The Untold Story from the Closed Investigation Files
The Great Train Robbery: The Untold Story from the Closed Investigation Files

3.0 out of 5 stars The great train robbery (kindle), 12 Mar. 2014
A fascinating account of one of the most notorious robberies of the last 50 years. The only issue which spoils the kindle edition is that there are explanatory notes which are at the end of each chapter.

One And All
One And All

5.0 out of 5 stars One and all, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: One And All (Audio CD)
I bought this CD As we have had the first one for a while and like it , I think this album is great as well, although my other half is not so keen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3