Profile for Roger Simpson > Reviews

Content by Roger Simpson

Roger Simpson

GoDoggie-GLOW - SALE NOW ON - 48% OFF - NEW USB Rechargeable LED Dog Safety Collar - 6 Colours & 3 Sizes - Super-Bright LED's Glow & Flash - Your Dog becomes Highly Visible - Connects to Devices to Recharge - No Batteries Required - Great Fun & Improved Dog Safety - Blue Medium
Offered by HF Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product., 14 Dec. 2014
I have two Greyhounds, one nearly all black, insisting on a first walk at 06:30 and the last walk at 17:00 at this time of year; they are difficult to see on these dark, wet mornings and evenings. Because I need street lighting at these times, the walk involves a section of basically country lane, with a very narrow foot path, used at a rat run to the motorway by tremendous numbers of cars and lorries.

With a female nearly 11 who is not fazed by anything (other than cats) and a 3½ year old male who was racing up to several months ago, walks get quite interesting. He was only used to kennels full of greyhounds and is not used to lorries or cars and gets quite frightened by them. Even worse is he is not used to other breeds of dogs, so other dog walkers with small, yappy dogs, often off the lead, who run up to him totally freak him out.

I only use the collars during walks, slipping them over their heads to just hang there at the last moment before we set out. Neither dog reacts to the flashing lights which are very bright and can be seen for a considerable distance.

The collars do not stop idiotic drivers but there is no excuse for drivers not seeing us in the dark now and I feel much safer. It is also a brilliant warning to pedestrians or other dog walkers when they see two flashing circles of blue light, moving side by side and at some height off the ground.

Once home it is so easy to plug them into my USB port for a quick charge ready for the next walk. I do not know how long the charge lasts, only that I walk for a minimum of 45 minutes at a go and forgot to charge them one time. The collars flashed continuously for two walks over 1 ½ hours, so am very impressed.

The collars arrived quicker than expected and have coped with our horrendous weather.

My only complaint is that they do not do a similar USB flashing light to wear on my sleeve, my two flashing, red, battery operated ones are so insignificant when compare to the dogs’ collars.

Greyhound Coat Fleece-Lined Water Resistant (Medium, Hi-Vis Yellow)
Greyhound Coat Fleece-Lined Water Resistant (Medium, Hi-Vis Yellow)
Offered by Dogcoats

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product., 14 Dec. 2014
With two Greyhounds, one nearly all black, insisting on a first walk at 06:30 and the last walk at 17:00 at this time of year, they are difficult to see on these dark, wet mornings and evenings. Because I need street lighting at these times, the walk involves a section of basically country lane, with a very narrow foot path, used at a rat run to the motorway by tremendous numbers of cars and lorries. With their daytime dark, waterproof coats we were very vulnerable to idiotic drivers, especially in the evening rush to get home. The Hi-Vis coats arrived quicker than expected and can be fitted individually to each dog. The coats do not prevent idiotic drivers but at least there is no excuse for not being seen and they keep the dogs lovely and dry.

Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure Case with usb 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free HDD Installation, Compatible With Windows 2000/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job as required, 6 Oct. 2013
Very easy to open and insert my hard drive. Took a little time to figure out how to reassemble until I realized that I had the top upside down. Worked first time however I then found the foam I obviously should have packed the disk in with - my fault.
Excellent product - well pleased.