Profile for Christopher John Lewis > Reviews

Content by Christopher Jo...

Christopher John Lewis

Unbroken Will: The Extraordinary Courage of an Ordinary Man The Story of Nazi Concentration Camp Survivor Leopold Engleitner, born 1905

5.0 out of 5 stars A great true story, 26 April 2016
Now I'm not one who reads a lot of books, but this is a tremendous story of faith and loyalty in the face of brutal opposition. The courage displayed by this man to remain true to his God is incredible when he had several opportunities to leave the camp he was in if he signed a declaration renouncing his faith but he stubbornly refused to. If anyone wants to know what true integrity is then read this book.

SAMSUNG-Compatible 3ACTIVE® 3D Glasses. Rechargeable. TWIN-PACK
SAMSUNG-Compatible 3ACTIVE® 3D Glasses. Rechargeable. TWIN-PACK
Offered by Dimensional Optics, Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money, 24 Dec. 2014
Excellent buy for the money, a bit more expensive but the build quality is very good and much more comfortable to wear and each pair of glasses has its own little case, the only possible downside would be that battery life is perhaps a bit short at maybe 30 hours whereas the battery life on my other glasses was more like 150 hours but even then they are rechargeable so you won't need to actually buy batteries, all my friends who have come to my home to share a 3D film with me agree with me that they are much better glasses.

Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Buck
Offered by CJM Retail Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent family entertainment, 21 May 2014
An absolutely brilliant film, the quality of animations is improving all the time and this is a case in point because the snow and ice are so real you could feel the cold just watching it. The music and songs a very good though I prefer the music in Tangled, both films I have in 3D and I've seen both films quite a few times. The 3D effect seems to be better on animations than on live action films. The only gripe I would have is when scenes shown in the trailor don't actually appear in the film otherwise these film are excellent family entertainment.

Tangled (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Tangled (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Nathan Greno

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite film, 18 April 2014
Tangled has become my favourite film of all time because the songs and music are simply excellent and the way that the two leads inter act with each other is brilliant and the 3D effect is outstanding. ( 3D seems to work much better with animations than live action films.) my friend who watched it with me ( a 55 year old man ) sobbed his heart out during the lantern scene. I won't say anything about the plot as I've no wish to spoil it. The only gripe I would have is why do they show scenes in the trailers that don't actually appear in the film itself, they did the same thing with Frozen when Olaf the snowman tried to stifle a sneeze and his head flew off. Nevertheless Tangled is in my opinion an absolutely must see film.

Water Horse: Legend Of The Deep
Water Horse: Legend Of The Deep
Dvd ~ Jay Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars The best family film since Mary Poppins, 15 Aug. 2013
An absolutely superb film for the whole family, I've watched this film several times with various different friends and they are all agreement with me. Though a bit far fetched ( it is a fantasy I suppose ) there is no swearing, no sex and very little violence, I have enjoyed every second of every time I have watched this film. I have the standard definition DVD but I thought I might invest some money in the blue ray version when I it's available.
I don't want to say too much about the plot, but I thought the ending was fantastic when another little boy found another egg.
A must see family film.

Life of Pi (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012]
Life of Pi (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Suraj Sharma
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good film but?, 13 Jun. 2013
I enjoyed watching Life of Pi but some scenes seemed somewhat exaggerated for example the glowing island, but the film was visually spectacular with some very impressive effects. All in all well worth watching