Profile for mcmahonx@hotmail.com > Reviews

Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
by Susan J. Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars For life's lost moments, 29 Aug 2001
My best friend had just committed suicide, my abusive girlfriend (suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder) and I had separated under the ugliest of circumstances, I was being sued, and if that was enough to cope with, my house was repossessed by the building society. I had always been a sanguine, and although I positively hate the expression, happy-go-lucky kind of guy. All of a sudden these 'life events' hit me from all directions and sent me spinning off into an unfamiliar dimension.
I lost the plot for a while and all areas of my life suffered immensely. I was finding it difficult to locate a simple philosophy that might enable me to gain some control over my life. It was quite be accident that I came across this book. I saw it peeping out of a shop window as I headed to work. My first impression of the book judging by the title was that it was another American self-help book, designed to help lardy-arsed Yanks get to grips with their obesity, or something of a familiar vein. I was feeling particularly cynical and almost didn't bother buying it, dismissing it as a crutch for emotionally weak people. I think my inner-voice cried out and pleaded with me to try something, whatever it was. I was desperate; I was close to the edge and had often considered a more 'permanent' solution for all of my problems.
I had nothing less to lose and was feeling pretty sorry for myself before I started to read. If there ever was a book that changed my life it was this one. I think that I had to hit the low that I was did to subsequently be able to appreciate life for what it is and how it can be. This book basically teaches us that we are all responsible for our lives and that it is only a matter of applying a consistent, and moreover healthy/productive, attitude.
I am now in total control of my life and this book was the catalyst that gave me an essential boost in the right direction. My personal life, business and general outlook on life have changed for the better and I now look forward to all of the challenges that life might present. It really was a great help from the first page. Give it a whirl, you to will benefit from realising that you can handle anything in life, and once you cross that bridge there's no looking back (apart from when one is writing the occasional book review.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2012 11:01 PM BST