Profile for M. Anthony > Reviews

Ken Hom Non Stick Easy Care Wok Set, 5 Piece, 12 Inch
Offered by U Stores
Price: 21.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wok for price., 27 Sep 2009
I've really come to enjoy this wok. It's lightweight and handly and easy to clean. With the right heat adjustment, it cooks almost to perfection. If you are looking for a great wok, you might be hard pressed to find one as good as this one is.

Le Creuset Cast Iron Round Casserole 16 cm, Volcanic
Le Creuset Cast Iron Round Casserole 16 cm, Volcanic
Price: 69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pot to cook with., 27 Sep 2009
I was looking for something to cook chili in and this is perfect. Just large enough to put all the ingredients in and small enough where clean up isn't such a hassle. I think it's a little on the expensive side for me, but well worth it as I know I will have it for years to come. It's cast iron, after all. Just be careful about washing it--be sure to let it dry as it may rust a bit.

Vampire Academy (book 1)
Vampire Academy (book 1)
by Richelle Mead
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading for adults, too., 27 Sep 2009
Admittedly, I had my doubts about this one, but I was pleasantely suprised at how good it was. I liken it to the Harry Potter effect--written for young people, loved by adults. This one is the first in the series and I am really looking forward to checking out more like it. All the way through, it kept getting better for me. I'd recommend this one to fans of Charlene Harris and Harry Potter.

From Dead to Worse: A True Blood Novel: 8 (Sookie Stackhouse series)
From Dead to Worse: A True Blood Novel: 8 (Sookie Stackhouse series)
by Charlaine Harris
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead to Worse., 27 Sep 2009
This is the latest book in the Sookie S. novels and, in my opinion, was one of the better ones. I got right into the story and loved all the new developmnets. I think Charlene Harris has got such a great knack for this vampire stuff and it really shows through in this book. It's great for those of us who are fans of the series.

Humble Pie
Humble Pie
by Gordon Ramsay
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are a fan, get this book., 24 Sep 2009
This review is from: Humble Pie (Paperback)
I really like Gordan Ramsey and all his shows and I was intrigued to read a book about his life. As he is in real life, he is also on the page. He is in your face, cursing and yet still, somehow, mystifying. This is one of the better books on celebs I've read and I will read more of his work. So glad I gave it the chance. The man is a true visionaire.

Goodbye, Fatty! Hello, Skinny! How I Lost Weight And Still Ate The Foods I Loved-Without Dieting
by Kim Rinehart
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Because life is too short to eat food you don't like..., 24 Sep 2009
...and be overweight, too. And that is why I loved this weight loss book. The author really puts it all out there and I liked her attitude. The plan is simple and really opened my eyes to what could be. Weight loss has been too over-hyped and the only real way to lose has been consistently overlooked. This is the only book I have read that didn't want me to totally overhaul my eating habits. I did have to modify, that's for sure, but I didn't have to start eating all raw or all vegan or all meat. If you want to lose weight and just want a simple plan in order to do just that, then this is the book for you. It's now my fav weight loss book and I am recommending it friends and certainly family.

Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Romance., 24 Sep 2009
Twilight was, for me, a great vampire romance. Though the character of Bella was a bit young, I really did identify with her. I totally fell in love with her vampire boyfriend and loved the way the story took many twists and turns. I have to admit that I did watch the movie first and because I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to read the book. Now I cannot wait to read the sequels, as well. I'd say get this one if you loved harry Potter, even if you are a full fledged adult, like me.