Profile for Mr. N. S. Whitaker > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. S. Whitaker

Mr. N. S. Whitaker "hencam.co.uk webmaster!" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Horse Head Mask (Brown) - Adult Accessory
Horse Head Mask (Brown) - Adult Accessory
Offered by Tiny Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a horse head mask. It's also brilliant., 6 May 2014
This is a rubber/latex mask that is huge - and when it's worn it does actually transform the wearer into a bizarre horse-headed monstrosity - it looks completely amazing!

It gets a great reception everywhere I've worn it (several football matches!) - highly recommended!

Only slight downside is it smells very strongly of rubber/latex but I let mine air for a bit and it's not as bad now.

USB 2.0 A Male to B Male Printer Scanner Cable Red Black Braided 9.8Ft
USB 2.0 A Male to B Male Printer Scanner Cable Red Black Braided 9.8Ft
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, strong, long USB cable, 6 May 2014
I wanted a long USB A to B cable for a piece of audio equipment that can be connected to a PC for midi and sound output.

It needed to be long as the audio equipment may not be very close to the PC when set up, and I also wanted it to be strong and also to look good (I know that's a bit sad but I didn't want a cheap thin black plastic cable as it wouldn't look very nice!)

This cable was the perfect answer. It's about 10 feet long, so is gives you a lot of flexibility regarding where I put the equipment without worrying that it will be too far from the PC.

It's also very strong, the braiding does give additional protection and helps stop the lead getting tangled (it's also a bit stiffer than a normal cable, but not too stiff to prevent it from bending where you need it).

The cable works absolutely fine, the PC saw the equipment straight away and I was able to update the firmware etc over the cable with no problems.

The braiding is very pretty - a red and black pattern that looks cool. The only thing I would mention is that the connectors are a bit of a pink colour - not that it really matters! The connector itself was also very secure, once in it was rock solid.

Shorter cables in boring black plastic are more expensive in electronic stores than this cable, so it's definitely great value for money.

3m Long Braided Strong USB Cable For Most Mobile Phones Including SAMSUNG/SONY ERICSSION/LG/HTC/PANASONIC/BLACKBERRY/ MOTOROLA in White
Offered by cables and gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality long charging cable, 6 May 2014
I wanted a longer than normal charger cable for my Nexus 4 so I could still use the phone whilst sat on the sofa when it was charging - most charging cables were far too short.

This cable is absolutely perfect - it feels very good quality - it's braided in a very attractive fabric, a bit like a thinner mains cable you'd find on an iron! It looks great and doesn't get tangled easily. The USB connectors are a nice clean white - it looks very pretty but more importantly feels good quality and charges fine.

It's also reaaaaally long! Gives you a lot more freedom and flexibility when you need to charge and use your phone.

Highly recommended!

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Skull Edition (PS4)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Skull Edition (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, massive, engaging, lots to do, great graphics, cool sea shanties!, 10 April 2014
I was relatively late to Assassins Creed Black Flag - I had played the previous Assassins Creed on PS3 and hated it - I just couldn't get into the game and thought the combat was just button mashing.

So it was with some trepidation that I ordered this game after reading favourable reviews, and I'm so glad I did!

I enjoyed the first island you are on, and it's one of those rare games where you want to 100% complete all the side missions and tasks - something that took me a while to do, and I was just starting to think "is this it?" when suddenly I had managed to steal a ship and there was a huge open world to discover - amazing!

This added so much more gameplay - piracy, sea battles, buried treasure... the list goes on. There's also a very engaging storyline to follow too, as well as notes and documents to find which give more information on the world you are playing in.

I've sunk (see what I did there?) so many hours into this and still only scratched the surface, but enjoyed myself immensely and am greatly looking forward to the next.

And a quick word about the sea shanties - brill! Sit down with a rum and coke and sail to an island whilst your crew sing hearty shanties - it's quite fantastic detail and makes the world come alive.

I'd seriously recommend this - it will keep you occupied for many, many hours!

SHORT 50cm 0.5 metre Gold HDMI v1.4 High Speed with Ethernet Extension Extender Lead Male to Female
Offered by rhinocables

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you don't need anything longer!, 10 April 2014
I needed a short extension to position a Chromecast nearer the top of the TV as the mount was shielding the Chromecast from my wifi signal.

This lead was perfect, not too long to cause dangling cable but just long enough to position exactly where I need it.

I haven't noticed any difference in picture quality (and as HDMI carries a digital signal, this is to be expected - the signal either gets there or it doesn't).

The seller 'rhinocables' was excellent - very reasonably priced, free postage, and next day delivery - amazing!

B22 12W 60 LED 5630 SMD 960LM Warm White Corn Spot Light Bulb Lamp AC 220-240V
B22 12W 60 LED 5630 SMD 960LM Warm White Corn Spot Light Bulb Lamp AC 220-240V
Offered by Tech Leader

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light output and colour - good coverage without been 'stark', 28 Mar 2014
I bought two of these to go in a landing and an entrance light, both which had paper lantern style shades which would cover the bulb completely from view.

The bulb is unlike most LED bulbs in that the LED's aren't housed in a conventional looking opaque bulb shaped cover, so they would look a bit strange in a fitting where you can see the bulb.

They are ideally suited to fittings where the bulb is completely or mostly shaded from view. The benefit of these bulbs is that they offer a completely 360 degree spread of light - firing all round the bulb and downwards, much more evenly than conventional bulb LED's, so they seem to offer a softer light too.

They look perfect in my landing and entrance shades, and the entrance one in particular looks a lot nicer than the quite stark light from a 'normal' LED bulb I had in there previously.

The light is quite bright, I'd say just about 60W equivalent, and a nice warm light colour. The aforementioned spread of light they give is excellent.

The bulbs arrived from Hong Kong well within the delivery estimate and were despatched in a couple of days. They were received well wrapped, although the packaging was a bit squashed, the bulbs themselves were fine.

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best inFAMOUS yet. True next-gen graphics, 25 Mar 2014
If you have played and enjoyed either of the first inFAMOUS games, then you know what to expect, but you'll have hours of fun discovering all the new things to do and people to save / destroy depending on which side of the moral fence you take...

I really enjoyed the first inFAMOUS and completed it as a hero, but only got half way through my second play-through as evil as my interest waned slightly. I loved the improvements they made to the second game - it felt more rounded and Cole had developed into an even more powerful conduit. My experience with inFAMOUS: Second Son is that they've spent considerable time and effort polishing and improving the gameplay and my first several hours have been great fun.

The map is huge, and there is a truly massive draw distance - there is absolutely no sign of scenery pop-in - something which I found hugely annoying in fantastic (but sadly not next-gen) games like GTA:V, and load screens are few and far between. It really is slick and you can feel the love that has gone into the development of the game. It's brought out the completist in me as I don't want to miss any of the side missions or secrets, and the map with handy GPS markers enables you to see what you missions or blast shards you haven't collected yet and easily navigate to them.

I won't give any spoilers but will say that if you enjoyed either of the first inFAMOUS games, I'm pretty sure you'll really enjoy this, it's more of the same but better, bigger, far prettier and funner!

Just one quick mention on the graphics (which I shouldn't really need to mention as you've probably read the reviews and seen the screenshots) - the neon effects later in the game are truly amazing, and the facial motion capturing is top notch.

Lighting EVER 7 Watt A60 B22 500 lm LED Global Beam Angle Equal to 40W Incandescent Bulb, Warm White
Offered by Neon Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for living rooms where you don't want mega-bright lights, 25 Mar 2014
I bought 2 of these bulbs for the wall lights in our front room. The main ceiling light already has 3 60W equivalent LED bulbs so I wanted slightly dimmer bulbs for the wall lights so we would have the option of bright or soft lighting.

The 2 bulbs arrived quickly and safely. The look very much like 'normal' bulbs (the lower portion of the bulb 'glass' is opaque plastic but this doesn't affect the light output - they are probably slightly more 'forward firing' than traditional bulbs but I haven't really noticed any difference in light spread).

The are instantly bright, no warm up time and cost peanuts to run - the light they provide is lovely and warm yellow, much like a traditional bulb, and is soft and even - there are no bright spots on the ceiling or shadows in the corners.

Combined with the ceiling lights we now have the option of gentle lighting for watching TV etc or full on bright lighting for reading.

I highly recommend these bulbs, lets hope they are as reliable as they are meant to be.

Bosch Decalcifying Tablets for Coffee Machines and Kettles, 6 Tablets
Bosch Decalcifying Tablets for Coffee Machines and Kettles, 6 Tablets
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what my Tassimo coffee machine wanted., 18 Mar 2014
My Tassimo coffee machine recently lit up the red "I need descaling" warning lamp so I had to peruse the manual to find out how and what I need to stop it complaining.

Turns out I needed to buy these tablets from Amazon and follow the instructions - all very simple and pretty much automated.

There are 6 tablets in 3 sealed packets in the packet. Simply pop 1 (though I used 2 as the instructions said you can/should use 2 for machines with an automatic descale programme) in the water tank, wait for it to fizz away, then let the machine run the solution through it's system.

Took about 20 minutes (I left the machine to it), empty the water, rinse the water container thoroughly then run clean water through the coffee maker, and that's it.

My Tassimo is happily making drinks again and hopefully is nice and descaled.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Boxes. For popcorn., 18 Mar 2014
These are a bit of fun, they're cheap enough that you don't feel ripped off buying them, and kids love having home-made popcorn in proper popcorn boxes. :-)

You can use them more than once if you don't mind the possibility of mixing flavours, but they are really a disposable product I suspect.

They are quite small boxes (not like the huge ones you get at the cinema), but each box will hold a normal person's serving of popcorn easily...

We'll probably buy more to help keep the kids entertained when we're watching a movie at home..!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5