1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Truly Excellent!, 4 Jan 2011
I wasn't expecting much when I bought this MP3 player; I was trying to save money, and thought it would be the latest in a string of poor quality cheap MP3 players that I had purchased. I am glad to say I was proved wrong!
- Cheap! This MP3 player is fantastically priced compared to its more illustrious rivals.
- Decent storage capacity - I got the 8 gig one, which gives you enough music for everyday usage. In a way it's an advantage, as it makes you more choosey about what you put on there.
- Easy to use - The menu system is intuitive, quick to navigate through and all round easy to use. The one complaint I would have is to switch from shuffle to standard play you have to scroll all the way back to the 'Music' screen which can be annoying, but it is hardly a big issue.
- Good sound quality - with a decent pair of headphones this easily rivals the best MP3 players on the market in terms of sound quality.
- Great screen - The vibrant blue and yellow text colours show up amazingly well on the screen in all light conditions, including bright sunlight.
- Size - This MP3 player really is very small, even compared to the newest ones on the market. I wouldn't really want it to be any smaller, as it frequently gets lost in my pockets as it is!
- Build quality - Despite being bashed around a fair bit, my Sansa Clip is still working perfectly (after about 2 years).
- Battery Life - I don't think I've ever really had this MP3 player run out of battery on me...it can last for a good few hours, even at max volume.
- Maximum Volume - The maximum volume is a bit low, which I guess saves on battery power, but can be annoying in loud areas. Buying some decent noise-cancelling headphones would counteract this.
- Menu Scrolling - The circular button makes a clicking noise when scrolling through the menus; in a quiet room it can be intrusive.
- FM Radio - The radio is kinda useless, but I didn't buy it for that and wasn't even aware it had a radio initially!
So overall, I would heartily recommend this MP3 player to anyone...it offers many of the advantages of an Apple product without the hefty price tag!