Profile for MisericÚrdia > Reviews

Same Sex Unions in Premodern Europe
Same Sex Unions in Premodern Europe
by John Boswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work!, 9 Jan. 2010
I'm really interested in History, although I have to admit that it's just a hobby. I'm not a professional in that matter. But medieval ages always have been the most interesting part of the History in my case, being the most important the relationship between Church and regular people. That was a very difficult period for people whose lifestyles were different from those expected by Christian laws. Of course, there where what modern writers call gay people, people who had to life sometimes hidden and some places killed, not as different as nowadays. This book, as well as former book of late John Boswell "Christianity, social tolerance, and Homosexuality", had give to me other vision of this matter, presenting a full information of same-sex marriages, documented and well tolerated, even in those Dark Ages. I highly recommend this book for those who want to know more about human relationship, no matter what.

A41
A41
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 27 Oct. 2009
This review is from: A41 (Audio CD)
I'm a huge fan of All-4-One. Probably I like every single song of this album. I think is the best album of them. You can find nice songs like "Green Light"; slow songs like "Beautiful as You" as well as others with a touch of Bee Gees style, like "I Just Wanna Be your Everything", which I like very much (I was a teenager listening Bee Gees all day!).
You have to listen to them!!

Nexus
Nexus
Offered by Giant Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, 27 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Nexus (Audio CD)
In my opinion Another Level was a very good R&B band, keeping in mind that the most known songs were "Freak Me" and the beautiful "Be Alone No More" of they first album called like themselves: Another Level. I bought the last album they released, called "From the heart" and I enjoyed it very much. Then it was clear for me that I needed to hear "Nexus", the intermediate album. I thing this album is a good choice, no doubt, but probably I expected something more. "Bomb Diggy" is a quite commercial song, and so is "Summertime"; but for me the best are"Ain't Nothing Going On But the sex" and "Ain't damn Thing Wrong".
The album includes "From the Heart", which is a wonderful song and it will be the title of their last release.
So, it's a good option if you like R&B!

Since You've Been Gone
Since You've Been Gone

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 26 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Since You've Been Gone (Audio CD)
I liked the first time I heard this guys in their first album "Forever", not long time ago. Then I was looking for more, but unfortunately, they just made a second album, this one. Seventeen good songs,and in my opinion two great songs: "Ghetto Romance" and "Still Be Lovin' You".
It'a a pity they break up. If you like R&B, then you will like it for sure.