Profile for Rev. John E. Harris-white > Reviews

Content by Rev. John E. H...

Rev. John E. Harris-white "Fr John" (Scotland U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Entry Island
Entry Island
by Peter May
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Home again, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Entry Island (Hardcover)
I bought this book first on Kindle, and then bought a hard back copy for a relative. It is Peter May at his best. My relatives family had made that same journey to Canada, and a few years ago he met up with them in Canada Quebec.
I recommend all readers who wish an interesting honest read to read any of Peter May's books. I am more than grateful to the gentleman who recommended Peter May to me, whilst we were both patients in an Edinburgh hospital

Jorte Calendar & Organiser
Jorte Calendar & Organiser

5.0 out of 5 stars Day by day, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jorte Calendar & Organiser (App)
This calendar suited all my needs. Both personal and professionally.

Clear and straightforward to use.

Love the variety of calendar form.

BBC News (Kindle Tablet Edition)
BBC News (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars In Touch, 16 Jan 2014
Excellent App, keeping me in touch with world events as they happen. A balanced view , typical of the BBC.

BBC Weather
BBC Weather

5.0 out of 5 stars O dear what weather, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: BBC Weather (App)
Excellent App, telling me the weather for the next few days. An added help to reading the sky. Temperature being a great guide for the day.

Homeward Bound
Homeward Bound
Offered by Side Two
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Welsh brother, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Homeward Bound (Audio CD)
This Cd is a joy and a pleasure to listen to. Bryn brings to the vocals his wonderful Welsh voice

BBC iPlayer(Kindle Tablet Edition)
BBC iPlayer(Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Missed, 16 Jan 2014
Good App, although at times difficulty with interference This may be due to demand on the system. But still a useful App

BBC Media Player
BBC Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing missed, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: BBC Media Player (App)
An excellent App, that enables me to never miss a programme, and watch it in my own time. Making life so much happier

Tunes Of Glory: The Life of Malcolm Sargent
Tunes Of Glory: The Life of Malcolm Sargent
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gentleman of Music, 16 Jan 2014
Growing up with Malcolm Sargent as one of my heroes , it was good to read this detailed biography. I much appreciated the book, which brought back so many memories. The man who started my love of classical, and choral music.
A must read for any music lover

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Price: 199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Making life more fascinating, 16 Jan 2014
I saw my partners Kindle Fire DX, and decided to purchase mine straight away, despite being told to wait for my 80th birthday on the 6th February. I am not usually so impatient.

My partner set up my Kindle Fire HD, and it is now my daily companion.

To check and write my e mails. To use the Media Player to watch programmes I have missed.

To use my BBS news, and weather Apps. Still more Apps to get.

Finally to have my book kindle, and a complete record of my book reading.

An excellent tool to use daily, and just having a cover made by a lady on the Isle of Harris, in Harris Tweed

Uncle's Story
Uncle's Story
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love will always win., 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Uncle's Story (Kindle Edition)
I have not yet completed reading this book on Kindle. I still have to read seeking Cliff Harper, and beyond.

But I just had to write this review, as I have just finished crying at the tragic death of Sam. My own son was also killed in an RTA, his name Simon.

The writer does not spare us the horrors of the Vietnam war, and gives us in all its detail the horror; but also the courage of men looking after each other.

Into all this comes the meeting of Sam and Cliff and the consequences of their love for each other.

My partner Robert and myself have toured New Zealand by car. Robert drove us from North to South. My abiding memory is of meeting Mary a Maori elder, and she is often in my thoughts.

This book is for all races, and rightly reminds us of those trapped in the past, with their hate, and blinded hypocrisy of real life and its meaning.

But most of all it tells of the heroic, and at times most painful struggle for folk to be their true selves, and let Love be fulfilled.

This story has left a mark on me for good. I want to read more of this authors writing, and make contact with my Maori brothers who are gay.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4