Profile for Spud > Reviews

Innovation Slap Bass/ Rockabilly Bass Strings Silver Slap set
Innovation Slap Bass/ Rockabilly Bass Strings Silver Slap set
Offered by Omega Music (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slappage!!!, 18 Aug. 2014
I have been using Steels for years & these were recommended to me by a fellow bassist. So I took the plunge & strung up my big bass with them. I fell in love instantly, the tone was Gutty & the playability was astounding. Just what I was looking for. The price is great too!

Omega Music were Easy to deal with & it arrived within a day if ordering.

Rotosound Nylon/Monel Flatwound Double Bass Set
Rotosound Nylon/Monel Flatwound Double Bass Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Slapperty!, 4 Jan. 2014
Over the years, I have used possibly every type of string under the sun, I play for a well established Psychobilly band & Play all over. I will not use any other string!!! I highly recommend these! Low tension & long life!

HELL'S BENT ON ROCKIN': A History of Psychobilly
HELL'S BENT ON ROCKIN': A History of Psychobilly
by Craig Brackenridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Written by a Psychobilly for Psychobillys!, 7 Sept. 2012
I have to say, this is the perfect book for anyone wanting to learn about the Psychobilly Scene, also perfect for filling in the gaps from your younger days fuelled by Snakebite! It literally covers everything! Half my record collection was inspired by this book. It's a crime not to own this!

Burn And Rise
Burn And Rise

5.0 out of 5 stars MAD TO THA BONE!!!, 2 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Burn And Rise (Audio CD)
Well, I may be a little Biased as I'm a huge fan of the Band.

But to be fair this record is a fine return to form after a few years of bad luck for tey guys.
from the opening track to the last....this is a stonker!

A true Psychobilly gem that will be up there with the Classics in no time!!!