Profile for J. Andrews > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Covet Fashion - The Game
Covet Fashion - The Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive but expensive, 21 Oct 2014
This review is from: Covet Fashion - The Game (App)
If you are at all into fashion you will easily spend hours playing this game. There are thousands of wardrobe items to choose from; endless outfits can be put together, and the events in which you can enter your creations are frequent, challenging and fun. The graphics are also excellent. My only complaint is that items are often quite expensive and your kitty is quickly depleted. Small prizes of cash or (alternative method of payment) diamonds are awarded for entering into/getting good ratings in competitions; larger amounts are available for signing up to various promotions, but the significant rewards are only available for trials that ask for card details, which I am not willing to give. Otherwise, you have to buy more diamonds through Amazon, which can get expensive! A daily play award or the ability to sell back clothes previously purchased would be welcome. Overall, however, a thoroughly immersive and well designed game.

Nike Women's Dri-Fit Filament Capri
Nike Women's Dri-Fit Filament Capri
Price: £21.00 - £41.74

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate workout leggings, 23 Jun 2014
Oh my God I love these leggings! They arrived this morning and after putting them on to test the fit I ended up wearing them all day. Possibly the most comfortable item of clothing I have ever owned. They fit like a second skin, supportive in all the right places, and during a rather sweaty workout remained completely dry without a hint of chafing. The back pocket will be handy for storing my phone or keys when I go for a run. Size guide, I am a 10, and the small is a good fit, the length is just below the knee. Perfect for any kind of sporting activity or exercise. Highly recommended. I will be buying another pair or two!

Cities & Countries Jigsaw Puzzles Free
Cities & Countries Jigsaw Puzzles Free

4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes does not work on Kindle Fire HDX but otherwise great, 24 May 2014
I originally gave this 1 star because whenever I tried to open a puzzle on my Kindle Fire the app shut down. I have since discovered that this is only the case some of the time. Mostly it works fine, though the one time I tried to return to a part-competed puzzle it was misaligned and I had to start again. Despite these minor bugs this is a fantastic app. The puzzles are many, varied and challenging, with beautiful pictures to complete. It is also wonderfully customisable, you can change number of pieces, background, switch to the complete picture and many other things. Gameplay is smooth with a lovely feature that highlights the puzzle pieces when one is moved to the correct area and clicks it into place without needing exact positioning (which is hard when the pieces are smaller than a fingertip!) Highly addictive, easily whiles away hours at a time if not careful! If it weren't for the glitches mentioned above,a definite five starrer.

Magimix 17652 Smoothie Mix Kit for Magimix Food Processors
Magimix 17652 Smoothie Mix Kit for Magimix Food Processors

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use but not great at extracting pulp, 14 April 2014
I bought this so that I could use my Magimix 4200 as a juicer. It fits snugly and is very easy to use, and not too much of a pain to clean - the components come apart easily so that the pulp can be removed and a quick run under the tap or soak is all that is needed. The pulp is quite dry, meaning that near maximum juice and nutrients have been extracted. Overall it is very easy and quick to produce delicious juices.

HOWEVER, I do want to point out a few cons. Firstly, the resultant juice still contains quite a lot of pulp, when it should be clear. It's easy to rectify this by passing it through a sieve, but as the whole point of juicing is to remove the pulp this is a bit of a letdown, as well as adding an extra step to the process - and more washing up! Secondly, if there is too much juice generated, the mixture can seep out of the join at the lid - I had this happen with about 700 ml of juice (it's happened before whilst in use as a food processor - maybe my Magimix simply has an ill-fitting lid?) And lastly, I have noticed that the section above the juice basket has slight shaving markings; slight concern about plastic in my juices! At least the sieving should counteract that :-)

In summary, this juicer attachment does work well for the most part. I am not sorry that I bought it at all, as I would rather work around the issues than pay at least as much for another bit of kit cluttering up my kitchen.

Death Checks Inn (Aspen Valley Inn Series Book 1)
Death Checks Inn (Aspen Valley Inn Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars An awful book, 8 Feb 2014
I recommend that you read this book if you are looking for a perfect example of how not to write a novel. It actually made me wince to read it, it is so badly done. For a start, the writing is so simplistic that at times it reads like a schoolchild's translation from a foreign language into English. Sample paragraph:
"Wyatt informed them that after the day's investigation they could leave the Inn if they stayed in the area. The guests were relieved that they did not have to remain confined to the Inn."
The author has then scattered the prose over-liberally with hyper-descriptive adjectives and verbs in an apparent attempt to set scenes and convey thoughts and emotions without actually having to write about them. The result is that it reads like a hastily scribbled half-draft that has been mistakenly published. If this book has been through any kind of editing process I would be surprised.
Finally, the characters are so thinly drawn (she was dumped before her wedding; his wife died are the greatest insights we are given into any one of them) that I was astounded to read that they were based on the authors friends and family. Not to mention the "plot", the climax and resolution of which take place in about 5 pages. The only good thing about this book is that it is short.

4 Pics 1 Song
4 Pics 1 Song

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but Kindle lacks full functionality?, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: 4 Pics 1 Song (App)
I have this app on my Android phone and I love it, so addictive. So when I got the Kindle Fire hdx I downloaded it. The main levels work fine but the option to retake the levels on a time trial basis doesn't seem to work. I would love it if this could be fixed, then I would rate 5 stars for sure.

JUST EAT
JUST EAT

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: JUST EAT (App)
Like many others who have submitted reviews, when I open the app it wants to go to Google Play for an update, but the Kindle Fire is not compatible with Google Play. If this is fixed, I'm sure I will like the app but until then I can only give it one star, and that is because zero star ratings are not allowed.

Samsung Print Plugin
Samsung Print Plugin

1.0 out of 5 stars Non functioning, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Samsung Print Plugin (App)
I don't get this app. What is it a plugin for? Nothing on my Kindle Fire as far as I can tell. When I open it there is only an EULA with no link for me to click agree. Waste of space.

KEEP CALM AND KILL ZOMBIES WHITE HARD PLASTIC CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 I9100
Offered by Phone Accessories Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not quite perfect fit, 12 Oct 2012
The case looks good, though some of the cut outs are slightly imperfect on close inspection. It fits neatly and easily onto my phone. The top left corner is not quite flush but good enough that all the buttons and connections are accessible. It seems quite solid and the logo on the back is clear and of good quality. All in all I am pleased with my purchase; delivery was fast, and although there are slight imperfections, for such a cheap price they are easily disregarded.

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
Offered by Unitrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jun 2012
An absolute doddle to set up and works like a charm.

I use them to connect my TV in the living room to the router in the hallway, instead of the daunting and fiddly prospect of running a network cable up through the loft and down again. Just plug them in, press the pair button on each and connect the provided network cables to your devices. A total cinch and there is no degradation in download speed whatsoever. Just be aware that the plug sockets should be on the same power circuit as each other.

I would recommend this product to anyone with no hesitation - and I'm an IT support tech.

Page: 1 | 2