Profile for yogame > Reviews

The Queen's Knight
The Queen's Knight
by Martyn Downer

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow read, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Queen's Knight (Hardcover)
This reads more like a biography than a novel. I found it very difficult to get into , very heavy going and the first few chapters are chock full of dates and facts . Not an easy read at all

Raspberry Ketone Burn (2 Bottles) - Highly Concentrated Raspberry Ketones Fat Burning Formula. The New All Natural Weight Loss Supplement. 500mg
Offered by Best Health Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep at it, 11 Sep 2013
I was sceptical of this at first , but have been taking them for a month now , together with a sensible diet and am definately losing weight .
It's slow and steady and hopefully this means it will stay off !

The Last Jews of Kerala
The Last Jews of Kerala

1.0 out of 5 stars Very slow, 24 July 2013
Another disappointing book, more of a documentary read than anything else and not enough to bring any of it to life . I couldn't feel it at all

The Jerusalem Inception
The Jerusalem Inception

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 July 2013
Full of suspense . A real page turner and would recommend this book to anyone . Read it and see

In An Antique Land
In An Antique Land

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow, 24 July 2013
Couldn't get into this at all . I hate not finishing a book , but this one beat me , I am afraid

The Jerusalem Assassin
The Jerusalem Assassin

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 24 July 2013
One of the best books I have read in a long while . Combines suspense and religion. Highly recommend this

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Still dan brown, 24 July 2013
Dan brown is like marmite . You love him or hate him . I love him and found this in the same vein as his other books . Very enjoyable

One Step Ahead : A Mother of Seven Escaping Hitler's Claws
One Step Ahead : A Mother of Seven Escaping Hitler's Claws

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his other books, 24 July 2013
I loved the Jerusalem assassin but I don't feel this is in the same league . Whilst I sympathised with the protagonists I found myself skipping large chunks of unnecessary descriptions .
I was determined to finish the book but it was a struggle

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as all the others, 24 July 2013
Khaled hosseini is the ultimate story teller . He weaves you into his characters until you find yourself laughing and crying with them all.
I loved his other books and this doesn't disappoint.
My only regret is I have finished reading it and want to know more about all their lives still

The Rabbi's Daughter: A True Story of Sex, Drugs and Orthodoxy
The Rabbi's Daughter: A True Story of Sex, Drugs and Orthodoxy
by Reva Mann

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent read and a real lesson on extremism, 11 May 2011
i found this book hard to put down, a riveting read. Yes Reva does some terrible things, but it has to be taken against the background of her parents ignoring her for their own problems.
Its their actions that force her to seek solace in extremism. And she then has to learn the harsh lesson that it isnt right for her. Extremism in any religion is a way of compensating for something missing in life.
Instead of critising her, readers should understand what she was seeking. love and comfort. Unfortunately, she didnt find them in an orthodox marriage either, and yet you still get a sense that her faith is important to her and so is family.

I would recommend anyone to read this with an open mind.

Page: 1 | 2