Profile for Matt S > Reviews

Suunto Ambit 2 Colour: Silver
Offered by altonsports- Run and Fitness Store
Price: 235.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent GPS watch with a few minor niggles., 24 Mar. 2015
This replaced a stolen Garmin 910XT - Garmin was so useless at customer service that I vowed never to buy their products again. This is much more of a "watch" and the battery lasts FAR longer than any Garmin plus it looks better and is far more sturdy.

Information on screen is more limited but everything you need is there and it's nearly infinitely customisable.

It takes a little getting used to and a few things niggle slightly - I use Imperial units for distance - fine on the watch but it comes up as Km on the on-line Movescount software/app. The altimeter seems a little random but that is a common GPS watch issue.

I've also inadvertently stopped it by mistake while racing - I have now found out there is a button lock but it's still annoying.

Other than that, I much prefer this to my 910XT - I went for the Ambit 2 because I wanted hardwired data transfer having had problems with the BT transfer of the Garmin. The price was also very appealing.

I'm fairly triangular in shape (40-42" chest, 28" waist) and struggle to get the HR strap comfortable - either too tight or it just falls down. I have yet to find a solution so tend not to wear it but monitoring HR rates does add an extra dimension to training - it seems to be a common issue with no real solution - maybe a shoulder strap (like a bra strap) would work?!

Despite the minor irritations, this is an excellent device with good software, great support from Suunto and decent build quality. Garmin, take note...

FixnZip Zipper Repair-Medium Nickel
FixnZip Zipper Repair-Medium Nickel
Offered by supermart USA
Price: 6.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little invention, 24 Mar. 2015
We were looking at a complete zip replacement for our 400 tent but gave this a try - it takes a while to receive (sent from New York) and a few goes to get right (do it up REALLY tightly) but IT WORKS! Brilliant little invention. Might be a bit bulky for some though.

Camelbak Eddy Tritan Bottle - 600ml, Charcoal
Camelbak Eddy Tritan Bottle - 600ml, Charcoal
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes
Price: 13.91

2.0 out of 5 stars It works - well, 21 Sept. 2014
Took a while to get used to the "sucky" method of drinking but once you do, this is ideal for adults and kids. It looks like it will last forever too.

EDIT - it doesn't. This has developed a leak in the bottom and the lid isn't reliable. I won't buy one again and can't seem to return it (despite a "lifetime guarantee")

North Portugal Regional Map 591 (Michelin Regional Maps)
North Portugal Regional Map 591 (Michelin Regional Maps)
by Michelin
Edition: Map
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It looks good, 21 Sept. 2014
We often curse ourselves by buying a map of an area we plan to head to then end up not making it there.
This happened with the Portugal map - we got as far as Galicia then loved it so much, we went no further.

But it looks nice and makes us look like we've been to more places than we actually have.

Playmobil 4876 Top Agents Secret Agent Super Racer
Playmobil 4876 Top Agents Secret Agent Super Racer
Offered by e-borja
Price: 22.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy, 21 Sept. 2014
Excellent little toy - well made, does lots of things and easy to put together.
Both our kids (6 and 3) love it!

Salomon  XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX W Running Shoe Womens
Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX W Running Shoe Womens

4.0 out of 5 stars Good allrounders, 21 Sept. 2014
These were for my wife who is a decent runner, mostly doing off road trails but not enough to warrant dedicated trail shoes like myself.
Although a little heavy they work well on or off road and grip well - they've started to wear out after a year but they've done pretty well.
Will be buying another pair for her.

Playmobil 5287 Top Agents Mega Masters Razor Copter
Playmobil 5287 Top Agents Mega Masters Razor Copter
Price: 21.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Big, well made, cool, 21 Sept. 2014
Quite a beast of a toy that takes a bit of building (by me - I enjoy that sort of thing!). Very well made; everything snaps in with a nice click except for the grabber arm which tends to fall out a bit.
Comes with good figures and overall very pleased

Playmobil 5289 Top Agents Mega Masters Robo Blaster
Playmobil 5289 Top Agents Mega Masters Robo Blaster
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little set, 21 Sept. 2014
Went down very well with our six year old. Good value too.

Playmobil 5241 Duo Pack Space Man with Spy Robot
Playmobil 5241 Duo Pack Space Man with Spy Robot
Offered by The Global Trader
Price: 5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Sept. 2014
Fun little pack - well made as usual.

Blue Number Sparkler - Number 6
Blue Number Sparkler - Number 6
Offered by Home & Nursery
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars looks nice, costs little, 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Blue Number Sparkler - Number 6
Works well, looks nice, costs little.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5