Profile for G. Haywood > Reviews

Castaway On The Moon
Dvd ~ Jung Jae-young
Offered by Empor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning film, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Castaway On The Moon (DVD)
Since I saw this film I've tried to describe to my friends how good it is and they ask me to describe it and I tell them it's a heartwarming film about a man who gets trapped on an island after trying to commit suicide and a woman who has locked herself in her bedroom for years who watches him from her window and thinks he's an alien... and they look at me funny.

THIS IS A GREAT FILM! Don't let the weirdness of the plot put you off watching it because it is joyful and funny and left me smiling after I'd seen it. The nearest I can describe it is to say it has the same kind of feeling as Amelie and somehow transcends the strangeness of the story.

Album Cover Finder Pro
Album Cover Finder Pro

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Album Cover Finder Pro (App)
After a frustrating hour on the net looking for instructions on how to add artwork to my albums I found this app and decided to give it a try. Very easy to use and it even located the artwork for some of my very obscure albums.

Operation Fortitude: The Greatest Hoax of the Second World War
Operation Fortitude: The Greatest Hoax of the Second World War
by Joshua Levine

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 13 April 2012
Most people who've read about WW2 know that Hitler held back a large part of his army during D-Day and the weeks after because he feared an attack on Calais. This excellent book goes into detail about how the Allies fooled the Nazis into believing that entire phantom armies existed, the lives and motivations of the double agents and their handlers who pulled it off and how the whole thing had an unlikely beginning.

I picked up this book as an impulse buy and enjoyed every page of it. It shows how the origins of Double Cross and Fortitude were both brilliant planning and amazing dumb luck. A fascinating and occasionally hilarious read.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless pile of junk, 21 Feb 2010
I bought this vacuum firstly because it was cheap and I was short on money at the time but also because I'd looked at a couple of review sites and seen reviews that were good. I can only assume those reviews were written by the manufacturer.

The Dirt Devil DMMSTK1 is a vacuum that is so weak it doesn't vacuum. It cannot even pick up a loose bit of thread or fluff from my carpet. I highly recommend that if you want a vacuum cleaner that doesn't leave your carpet in the same state it was in before you vacuumed that you pick something else. This thing just makes noise and nothing else.

Ender's Game (Ender Saga)
Ender's Game (Ender Saga)
by Orson Scott Card

5.0 out of 5 stars A Science Fiction Masterpiece, 14 May 2003
Ender's Game is an extremely well written book who's concept is that all the extremely intelligent children on Earth are being raised to fight a war against an enemy that tried to wipe out human life on Earth. My own experiences and that of others who've read this book shows the author has a great understanding of what it is like to be an intelligent child. The plot of the story plays with this understanding to perfection as Ender is moulded by the Battle School to be a perfect military genius.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough.