Profile for Mr. Z. Fulthorp > Reviews

Content by Mr. Z. Fulthorp

Mr. Z. Fulthorp

A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues: The complete boxset of all 7 books (A Song of Ice and Fire)
by George R. R. Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality of the collection box and spines, 30 Jan. 2015
This review will not be about the content of the books but more the case of the quality of the collection box and books themselves:
the reason I have given this product 3 stars is due to the fact that the box that the books come in arrived scratched scuffed at the corners of the box and some of the books spines were bent and already had vertical stress lines as if the books had allready been used. I put this down to delivery, so I ordered a replacement and the same problems arise again so let this be a warning to anyone wanting to buy these books as a collectors item that the box is poor(ish) quality and as are the books spines. other than that the design is very appealing so I didn't want to be too harsh with the review.

5 Star Office Book Ends Metal Heavy-duty 178mm Black (Pack 2)
5 Star Office Book Ends Metal Heavy-duty 178mm Black (Pack 2)
Offered by Office Nerd

5.0 out of 5 stars reasonably heavy so they won't tip over when stopping heavier ..., 30 Jan. 2015
reasonably heavy so they won't tip over when stopping heavier books and they generally do the job very well for trade paperback comics etc.

Game of Thrones House Stark Bookmark
Game of Thrones House Stark Bookmark

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 30 Jan. 2015
pretty poor quality for the price you pay, but still does the job

Philips S1/00 Fidelio S1 High Fidelity In Ear Headphones
Philips S1/00 Fidelio S1 High Fidelity In Ear Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars ... me start off by saying that these earphones have brilliant sound quality however I'll tell you why I'm still ..., 8 Oct. 2014
Let me start off by saying that these earphones have brilliant sound quality however I'll tell you why I'm still sending them back to amazon.

When I received these headphones I was impressed by the quality of the box, accessories and the overall build quality of the headphones. However after a weeks worth of usage I had to send them back due to several reasons: There are problems with the design of these headphones, one being that the earphone's buds are too large for my ears (though I do have ears on the small side and this problem may not effect all users)

The second problem was that these earphone are shaped like the original apple earphones that came with Iphones/iPods etc. therefore you have to place the entirety of the bud in your ear, coupling this with the traditional design of in earphones didn't bode well with sound isolation and comfort as they were too large and popped out really easily as they were unable to get far enough down the ear canal.
and the third problem with the design that I found to be the final nail that would lead me to sending these back was the open back design of the headphones. This ultimately sacrificed sound isolation of these headphones with the benefit of tighter bass response. Due to this, you could not hear the full dynamic range of a song when taking public transport or during gym activities as external sounds could still be heard well which doesn't usually apply to even the cheapest of headphones.
To try to alleviate the problem with the ear buds not fitting I used the comply foam tips and these did provide slightly better sound isolation and snugger fit, however, this was at the cost of sound quality. The quality drastically changed once I tried these buds as opposed to the original silicone ones.

Now I was going to give these headphones 2 stars, however, I felt that they deserved 3 as the Bass response was very impressive as with the rest of the sound quality and I believe these headphones may be suitable for others with larger ears than me and also aren't likely to use public transport on a regular basis.

Pros:
- Excellent tight Bass response
- Good sound quality
- 4 pairs of buds to fit a variety of ears
- Great build quality
- Sleek look
- Integrated Pause/Play button

Cons:
- Poor bud design
- Open back design that compromises isolation
- lack of sound isolation which I'm not usually fussed about until I came across these headphones
- Right angle jack (may be a pro for some)
- Wire less likely to tangle than some but twists a lot due to flat design

Overall I recommend these headphones for home use only.

The Satanist
The Satanist

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Demigod!, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
When I first popped it in my Hi-fi I asked myself why I even bothered to buy the CD however I decided to nevertheless, rip it onto my phone where... I was pleasantly surprised at how brilliant each song was! There are a lot of small details that I didn't pick up from the Hifi as well. Each song deserves it's place on this album bar 2, Furor Divinus and Messe Noire which I found both to be a little on the boring side, however every other song was amazing and choosing a favourite is hard. The artwork inside the album case is detailed and the only quarrel I have with the album is that even though they have decided to put the lyrics in there they are damn near unreadable as they are all scribbled down.

Aside from the the album itself, the bonus DVD features a full live performance and a short documentary. The documentary itself isn't much to rave about since you can find it on the bands youtube channel. The live performance I haven't watched yet but looks like a nice edition to the album.

Behringer UMC22 Computer Audio Interface
Behringer UMC22 Computer Audio Interface

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 6 Mar. 2014
I guess for £60 I was expecting a fair bit more than I got. While the interface does come with Tracktion software which is very easy to use, the product itself wasn't of much use to me as the quality of the recordings was poor and didn't suit my standards. However, if you are not expecting much for a £60 interface then go right ahead and buy it because it isn't terrible but isn't great either.