Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for jonwinter > Reviews

Content by jonwinter

jonwinter "jonmimir" (Manchester UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
E14 to GU10 Converter
E14 to GU10 Converter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my Philips Hue bulb, 7 Sept. 2015
I bought this adapter so I could try and re-use a GU10 Philips Hue smart bulb rather than splash out 50 pounds on a new one. I was very impressed that not only is the adaptor small and unobtrusive, but it works flawlessly.

Foxnovo Novelty 6-Square Soft Silicone Ice Cube Tray Ice Maker Jelly Pudding Mould (Blue)
Offered by Euprimojoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tray but not quite cubes, 9 July 2015
This ice tray makes really enormous ice blocks (just what I wanted) - one star deducted though because they are not actually cubes, they have the corners cut off at one end (presumably to make the ice easier to get out). If you want to make enormous blocks, that only large glasses will hold, these are great. You can freeze lime wedges and berries inside as well for even more of a wow factor.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Great design, shame about the terrible Bluetooth connection, 12 Jun. 2015
I bought this mouse to replace a black Arc Touch mouse because I got tired of using up a USB port for the dongle. I should add that while I absolutely LOVE my Arc mouse, it took a few days of getting used to and without exception, every single person who tried to use it HATES it :)

When I saw Microsoft had brought out a new Arc mouse using proper Bluetooth I thought it would be perfect: The form factor I really like and no messing around with dongles. However the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. The mouse paired just fine and worked for about an hour, but after I went away from my PC and came back, the connection was lost and the mouse not working. I re-paired it, and again got about an hour before it vanished again. Then I noticed that my Apple Bluetooth mouse that I use with my iMac had also started playing up (first time in 5 years of flawless service), losing its connection occasionally as well (although it always came back without needing to be re-paired).

After several pairings I got sick of the thing and decided to send it back for a refund. After I switched it off my Apple mouse worked perfectly again, as it has done for years. It's a shame that Microsoft are so late to the part with a bluetooth mouse and it's a crying shame that what they eventually made is so shoddy, not only being unable to hold its own connection but also disrupting other Bluetooth devices around it. Back to the dongle again I guess...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2015 1:02 PM BST

Special Ingredients Premium Quality Lecithin Powder 250 g
Special Ingredients Premium Quality Lecithin Powder 250 g
Offered by SPECIAL INGREDIENTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job nicely, 17 Nov. 2014
Odourless, tasteless and very effective for making cocktail bubbles. The tub was a lot larger than I was expecting as well!

Halloween Spider Web Fibre Decoration
Halloween Spider Web Fibre Decoration
Offered by Good Deals Online Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Look great, but you don't get much web - order more than you expect, 17 Nov. 2014
These certainly looked effective, but they were significantly smaller than the ones I bought a couple of years ago which covered the whole ceiling. I ordered three of these and they barely covered a third of the my room this time.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived pre-broken :(, 17 Nov. 2014
Was delivered very quickly and easy enough to set up. The remote control worked fine, as did all of the green and blue LEDs, but only the first third of the red ones... not very impressed that it was already broken when it arrived. If you get a non-dud then this seems a decent product but it looks like either the quality control is poor or this item is very prone to breaking. Not sure whether I will order it again as a replacement or just go for a refund. You get what you pay for I guess...

What Einstein Told His Cook 2: The Sequel - Further Adventures in Kitchen Science: The Sequel v. 2
by Robert L. Wolke

3.0 out of 5 stars AKA: What Einstein Kept Under His Hat, 13 Nov. 2014
Please note, this book has the same contents as another book by Robert Wolke, "What Einstein Kept Under His Hat", which is published in paperback and considerably cheaper than this version.

West5Products Giant Neon Coloured Drinking Straws 70cm Long! 48/ Pack
West5Products Giant Neon Coloured Drinking Straws 70cm Long! 48/ Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great straws that really are enormously long, 7 Oct. 2014
These were a great hit at the party I used them for, although so enormous in practice that I ended up cutting them into halves!

Pack of 10 greenandco® G9 LED Bulbs 2.5W / 220lm / 3000K (warm white) / 23 x 2835 SMD LED / 270° beam angle / 230V AC
Offered by greenandco-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lights, slightly whiter and quite a bit larger than the halogens I'm replacing, 7 Oct. 2014
I'm very pleased with these bulbs, I've been using them for a few hours daily for a couple of months now and so far none of the 10 I bought have had any problems. The light is a little 'colder' than the halogen bulbs they replace but nice and bright. I've put them into a light behind frosted glass which helps mellow out the colour but beware that if you mix these and halogens in a multi-bulb appliance you will probably be able to tell the difference. They run without getting hot, and I couldn't hear any noise from them. While they are quite chunky they do just about fit into the table lights that they're intended for, but I suggest you check your measurements carefully. I will definitely be buying more of these in future (if needed!)... given how fast the halogens burn out it won't be long before these start to be cheaper in the long run, and I'm looking forward to not needing to climb up a ladder to replace bulbs so often!

20pcs 10mm 4-pin RGB Diffused Common Cathode LED Tri-Color Red Green Blue
20pcs 10mm 4-pin RGB Diffused Common Cathode LED Tri-Color Red Green Blue
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read description carefully, these are not your average LED (in a good way!), 7 Oct. 2014
I was a little surprised when I ordered these and got 20 LEDs with four prongs - I guess I was expecting a mixture of individual red, green and blue LEDs rather than an LED which could be any of the three... perhaps it was the picture that confused me as it's similar to some on other product pages. I clearly hadn't read the description properly though, as three-colour LEDs are exactly what is being advertised. There weren't any instructions in the package so it took me a little while to work out how to use these - basically, connect the longest pin to one side of the circuit, and you can select the colour the LED lights up by your choice of the second pin. Connecting one pin gives a red light, a second gives green and the third one, blue. I managed to briefly get a purple light by connecting both red and blue simultaneously, but that didn't work very reliably so I'm assuming these are only designed for the three colours one at a time. I haven't used them very long but so far, so good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4