Profile for Ms. Emma H. Mitchell > Reviews

Content by Ms. Emma H. Mi...

Ms. Emma H. Mitchell "Emlins" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Memoirs of a Gay-She: The Best Blogs of Layce and Saxon, Volume I
Memoirs of a Gay-She: The Best Blogs of Layce and Saxon, Volume I

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, fun, read, 16 Jun 2014
This book is basically blogs that both Saxon Bennett and Layce Gardner have been writing over the years. They are all very well written, and some are really funny (Saxon making a birthday cake!!), and some are terribly sad (Layce talking about losing one of her beloved dogs to old age - I cried at this one).

Each story is told in their own very readable way, and I hope one day there will be another volume of these to laugh at whilst sitting in the sun.

Mr Mercedes
Mr Mercedes

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic by Mr King, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mr Mercedes (Kindle Edition)
This book has affirmed to me that as Mr King gets older, his stories are just as good, well written and completely engaging.

The book starts with a pre-dawn line of jobless people waiting for a job fair to open. Out of the fog comes a madman in a car.
The horror of this King delivers in a very heartbreaking way. The man who did this was never caught.

What entails is the story of a retired detective, two friends and the hunt for the man who did this terrible act. I won't say anymore as this will spoil it for all the constant readers out there who haven't read this latest offering.

What I will say is that Mr King has announced that this book is in fact going to be the first book in a trilogy. YAY!!!

Miss-Match
Miss-Match

2.0 out of 5 stars mmmm-interesting....., 24 July 2013
This review is from: Miss-Match (Kindle Edition)
This book I was really ready to enjoy after I had just finished McKee by AC.Henley. However, as I kept reading, I felt that there was nothing left of her and it seemed to be the style of the other author. With McKee the characters were well rounded and believeable; with this one they weren't. Very two-dimensional, and the whole thing with Clancy being that innocent - I mean come on - does she not know anything about anything? Did her parents hide her out in a cave till she was old enough for the matchmaker to start her thing? Even Carmen didn't feel right, and the periferal characters may as well not have been there, they were worse than the main characters.

Don't get me wrong - I will read McKee again and again, but this one, I think this is a one time job for me. I just wish that Ms Henley could have put her stamp on it thoroughly before unfortunately she passed away because I think it would then have been a very different book.

McKee
McKee

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful stuff!, 15 July 2013
This review is from: McKee (Kindle Edition)
I read this over the weekend and couldn't put it down. The storyy is of a PI called Quinlan McKee who comes back to LA after three years away and gets involved in not only a case of child abduction and police corruption, but she also finds love again in the arms of a beautiful detective. The book is effectively put into three parts, three cases and also it links with the development of the relationship of McKee and Vivian.
The main characters are brilliantly portrayed as are the other characters. The writing is top notch and I was immediately drawn in to the story form the get go. I wanted to read on and on with this one, but unfortunately there will be no more as the lovely author died a few years ago. This duo could have had a very successful series, in the vein of Radclyffe's serials. I will, however, enjoy this for many years to come.

A Vampire's Dominion (The Stone Masters Vampire Series (Book Three 3)
A Vampire's Dominion (The Stone Masters Vampire Series (Book Three 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful finish, 10 July 2013
Well, I have finally finished this wonderful trilogy. I didn't want it to end.
I won't spoil it for anyone, but after the ending of the last book, the beginning of this one starts with Jadeon and Orpheus combining into one body. The ensuing tale is dramatic, romantic, breathtaking and satisfying. There are a couple of new characters that round out the story, and the final few pages I steamed through, they were so well written. I will have to revisit this book in the next few months so that I can relish the final story again, and will then wait (impatiently) for the next story or the next book that Ms Fewings writes. I never thought that Anne Rice could be equaled, but with this trilogy, I can honestly say I was amazed and pleased that there are other writers out there that want to keep the gothic historical vampire alive in our imaginations. Well done Ms Fewings, I will be forever grateful for re awakening my love for historical vampire fiction (without the selationess - sorry is that a word?) of the new crop of novels supposedly masquerading as histororical vampire fiction.

A Vampire's Reckoning (The Stone Masters Vampire Series   (Book Two 2)
A Vampire's Reckoning (The Stone Masters Vampire Series (Book Two 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great story!!, 10 Jun 2013
Ms Fewings has done it again!! Another book read within a day and I want more! The continuing story of Orpheus is a joy to read, the characters are so wonderful and the struggles they face - both natural and preternatural - are written in such a way that you can't help but want to find out what happens.
Orpheus is wanting revenge for the death of his beloved Sunaria and will do anything it takes - including turning the perpetrator's sons into vampires. The back story for these two is written well, and you can't help really but like Orpheus (even though he is pretty evil!). I don't really want to read the last one as I know it is the last one - please write some more stories Ms Fewings.

A Vampire's Rise (The Stone Masters Vampire Series (Book One 1)
A Vampire's Rise (The Stone Masters Vampire Series (Book One 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne Rice fans will love this!!, 3 Jun 2013
I was recently wanting a new Vampire trilogy to read - but not your usual twihard or too over romantic type book. Read the review of this and downloaded it for the weekend just gone. Read this in just over a day!! I was taken with the language, the tempo, the characters. I have already downloaded the rest of the trilogy and the short story. Everything about this was superb. Bravo Ms Fewing i commend you for writing a book that re-ignites my fascination with vampires. I was starting to get very dispondent over what the market was putting out (trashy romantic stuff that doesn't do anything for me when it comes to vampire lore). Will recommend these to all I speak to and please, Ms Fewing, put out another book out soon.

Fluke
Fluke

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never look at my dogs in the same way again!!, 19 Nov 2012
This review is from: Fluke (Kindle Edition)
I originally read this when I was around about 12 years old. My godmother had just finished it and said that I must read this. I took her copy home with me and read it in a few hours. I was mesmerised by the story of this dog who felt that he had smelt, seen and experienced things before, but couldn't understand why. As he grows and has adventures with another dog called Rumbo(who himself is very entertaining)you get the sense that this could be a little twee. Then the main body of the story starts (and this is only a 200 odd page novel). Now I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read this, so I won't say anymore about the storyline, but JH really packs loads into this immensely entertaining, and thought provoking book. As my title suggests - I'll never look at my dogs in the same way again!

So Hard To Forget [DVD]
So Hard To Forget [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Paula Arůsio
Offered by fat_buddha

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!!, 1 July 2012
This review is from: So Hard To Forget [DVD] (DVD)
Recently saw this film and thought that this was a fabulous, thought-provoking tale of a woman finding a way to get over the end of a long relationship. The actress playing the main part was fabulous, her pain was brilliantly portrayed, and the cast surrounding her were brilliant too. The film, could have ended not as abruptly as it did, but you can't have everything.

The Guest House [DVD]
The Guest House [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruth Reynolds
Offered by fat_buddha

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a shame, it could have been good., 1 July 2012
This review is from: The Guest House [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this the other day after seeing adverts for it and a preview on Amazon. Bless them, I think Amazon had the best bits to show. The premise is that a father goes away on business and asks his daughter to entertain a guest who is going to work for him whilst he is away. The two young women get to know each other and fall in love, only for the father to put the spanner in the works. Now this is very much a tried and tested premise and usually this works, but unfortunately in this case it doesn't. The acting was amateur to say the least, the love scenes were laughable,even the kissing was done by two girls who had no idea of how sensual a kiss could be. The only saving grace was the ending - best bit of acting in the whole film. Then I saw on the credits that this was directed by a man! No wonder the love scenes were so bad! I don't think a woman had a hand in anything of this film whatsoever. This was obviously made cheaply by men for men, and I do believe that poor Peccidilo Pics were had when they released this. Avoid this film!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4