Profile for Grognoth > Reviews

Content by Grognoth

Grognoth

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Simple vsky®New DUAL 2.5 3.5 IDE SATA 875D Hard Driver HDD Docking Station OTB USB ALL IN 1--UK Factory Seller
Offered by Simple vsky

5.0 out of 5 stars The docking station I received was not as advertised, ..., 11 Dec 2014
The docking station I received was not as advertised, although it does more than the one I might have had delivered. I received the All In One Docking Station.
Our daughter was going to throw away her faulty laptop as the hdd, plus other parts, had died. I managed to retrieve over 20gig of her photos, which had not been backed up elsewhere.

Graveyard Golf
Graveyard Golf

1.0 out of 5 stars won't load, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: Graveyard Golf (App)
It took ages to get past the opening screen and it will go no further after that.

Flat Texas Hold'em Poker Offline Edition
Flat Texas Hold'em Poker Offline Edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor game., 8 Aug 2014
Too slow and whatever hand I held, I was informed that I had lost all my 'money'. Got rid of as soon as.

Ansmann Li-Ion Battery - Canon LP-E6
Ansmann Li-Ion Battery - Canon LP-E6

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery, 24 July 2014
I have used Ansmann double and triple A batteries for a while, so I know how good Ansmann is. Their battery, Canon LP-E6 is excellent value for money. Unlike many cheaper versions, the Ansmann battery operates all the electrics on the camera. I'm afraid you will need to 'Google' the problems that can be associated with some other cheap batteries. I have no hesitation in recommending Ansmann batteries, especially the Canon LP-E6.

EW-83H Lens Hood for Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
EW-83H Lens Hood for Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
Offered by Andoer

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than value for money., 24 July 2014
Fantastic price for a hood that is every bit as good as a Canon hood. The only thing missing is the Canon logo for those who want to 'look the part'. The hood rotates and clips into place, as a Canon hood would do, as opposed to some third party suppliers who make the screw in type. The hood is reversible, so it can be stored on the lens. Screw on types, I believe, cannot do this. Canon should take note that just because something as cheap to make as a lens hood and has their name on it, should not have it allat a premium price.

The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars One excellent game, 30 Jun 2014
The puzzles can be tough, but the clues can be a vital help. The graphics are first class. The seance level is really something to give fright for some. I applaud the programmers for making a game this good and Amazon for making it free.

Heavy Duty Waterproof 3 Seater Swinging Garden Hammock Cover with Zips
Heavy Duty Waterproof 3 Seater Swinging Garden Hammock Cover with Zips
Offered by express trading

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, 20 Jun 2014
The material is of good quality and quite heavy. The zips do the job, and for the money, I am more than happy with my purpose.

Transcontinental Group Ltd Rhodes Cushioned 3-Seat Steel Hammock
Transcontinental Group Ltd Rhodes Cushioned 3-Seat Steel Hammock
Offered by Brown Source Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice hammock, 4 Jun 2014
I chose five stars for three reasons. Firstly; the hammock is sturdy, easy to assemble and comfortable, especially as I am not a lightweight person.
Secondly; the hammock was packaged securely and delivery was quicker than I expected.
Thirdly; customer service is excellent. I had made a mistake between this seller and another, owing to a problem I had with another product (not from this seller). The ladies who answered my emails were courteous and understanding.

I would certainly recommend Brown Sauce Ltd and the Rhodes hammock.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2014 8:21 PM BST

Numbers Addict (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Numbers Addict (Kindle Tablet Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars An unusual game, 28 May 2014
I like this game. In a way it is similar to tetris in that numbers drop instead of shapes. You see three numbers before they drop and like tetris, you can select where they go. The aim is to make strings of numbers; two twos, three threes, etc. Single numbers can be added to make a higher value, such as a one and a two, giving you a three. You just move two adjacent numbers together and they form the three. This is handy when the numbers start to climb the grid; tetris style.
A yellow bar gradually lengthens until it reaches the end, then a block on numbers fall randomly, often spoiling a pattern of numbers you are attempting to make. Having made four fours, etc. those numbers disappear and those above, drop. I recommend this game.

The Wind in the Willows
The Wind in the Willows

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story., 28 May 2014
A pistol carrying rat that loves nothing better than to go boating on the water; a motor-mad toad, and many other creatures, not forgetting mole, I love it. This is one of many classics that I never read when I was young.
The writing style is a bit dated and there are a few words dotted about that would not be used today. However, it is a charming story and I recommend it whole heartedly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6