Profile for Paul > Reviews

Paul

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Value For Money, 13 May 2013
Thought I'd take a punt as they're about a quarter of the price of the last lot I bought and I'm not sure they were legitimate originals anyway. No different to the very pricey OralB at a casual glance and seem pretty solidly made.

I've been using a couple of weeks and they're great. Even if some bristles do fall out or they wear quicker than the originals it's no bad thing as I've tended to use the more expensive heads for far longer than I should anyway! Hygiene and all that. At this price you can't go wrong.

IVSO® ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Cover Case (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 21 Jan 2013
There are a few of these things to choose from and none have perfect reviews, so I wasn't sure quite what to expect. I needn't have worried though, it fits perfectly. I also don't have a problem with the keyboard attachment - it clips on and off effortlessly and works a treat. Both sections have all the cut outs so anything and everything can be attached/used with the case on... camera, hdmi, usb, sd, charger, etc. When the keyboard's detached it's also possible to fold over the cover to use as a support to stand it up.

It's good quality and not the most expensive. Wonderful!

GreatShield Ultra Smooth Clear Screen Protector Film for ASUS Transformer TF300 Touchscreen Tablet (3 Pack)
Offered by theWireless USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - when eventually fitted!, 21 Jan 2013
You wouldn't even know it's there once it's on and fitted properly and then you have peace of mind. It wipes clean really easily. I would say a little overpriced though... so why do they supply three? Well here's the thing - like many other reviewers of screen protectors this took me two goes, so the first was an unintended practice run. But it needn't have been!

I read the warnings about watching one of the YouTube instructional videos first and thought "how hard can it be?". Well... the instructions weren't clear at all, and I'm no idiot by any means. AFTER watching one of the videos it all became clear and the instructions then made sense. Please take the time and watch one first, before attempting a fitting, you'll be glad you did.

KabelDirekt 5m Micro Series High Speed Micro HDMI Cable with Ethernet 1.4a/ 2.0 - Supports Full HD 3D
Offered by KabelDirekt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 Jan 2013
What can I say - it's works perfectly as a HDMI cable, audio/video quality perfect. Great value for money but best of all it reaches easily from the tv to my Asus Transformer TF300 on the sofa! ;)

Ozone Gaming Gear Ground Level Medium Gaming Mouse Pad
Ozone Gaming Gear Ground Level Medium Gaming Mouse Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasantly Surprised, 19 Nov 2012
I was a little put off by some comments, especially those saying it doesn't flatten out well from being packaged rolled up. So I was going to buy a different one... but that was out of stock and feeling unusually impatient I decided to take a punt.

Some gambles are worth it! It rolled out perfectly flat and is beautifully smooth. My G9X laser mouse glides wonderfully. I bought the "medium" and it's actually bigger than expected, so much so I'm using it "vertically", turned 90 degrees, so it fits between my tower and the keyboard.

Thoroughly recommended.

King Animal
King Animal
Offered by davehopetrading

4.0 out of 5 stars Too much expectation from some, 19 Nov 2012
This review is from: King Animal (Audio CD)
I was very excited to see Soundgarden on Jools Holland's show and had no idea there was a new album! Superunknown is one of my all time favourite albums and I can't rate Chris Cornell highly enough as a songwriter and singer. So I watched the show and was impressed with Been Away Too Long, a good rocker. I was a little confused by Taree, I thought to myself this probably sounds better on the album and makes more sense there, which it does. Great to see them play live.

Like a few comments here I was a little disappointed with the album - at first anyway, from a purely "Soundgarden" aspect. Not really a "dirty" enough sound, it's certainly not a continuation from Down On The Upside, although there are flavours of old like the very beginning of "A Thousand Days Before". But then that was a long time ago and they were never realistically going to pick up like they've never been away.

Having listened to it a few times I must say I really like it. The opening track is just great and the best way to kick off. I won't give a run down of all the tracks as this is just personal preference. I will say "Halfway There" is pure Cornell solo album (not that one we won't mention though!) but I'd rather it on the album than not as it is wonderful. Some really good songs, a few ok ones, no awful ones thankfully.

Overall I think a 3.5 or 4 is just about right. Short of their past best and a little inconsistent but in the current climate of dross and considering the break, rather good.

Gigabyte Osmium Gaming Keyboard with Cherry Red MX Switch
Gigabyte Osmium Gaming Keyboard with Cherry Red MX Switch
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Smooth, 6 Nov 2012
After much research and getting a little mind boggled trying to decide on which mechanical keyboard I wanted, I finally went for this. I'm not disappointed, it looks great and types beautifully.

I'm using this with Arch Linux and wasn't looking for a "gaming" keyboard, just a good mechanical one. So I fully expected not to be able to use the "G" macro keys. I wasn't disappointed there either! ;) Xinput's showing response from the "Osmium Interface" but so far I haven't been able to find a way to utilise this. It would be nice to at least have the keys available to assign to with xbindkeys etc. Hopefully this will materialise eventually. Of course I got the usual response from Gigabyte - "we don't support Linux". That's a shame with Steam imminent.

I did try the Gigabyte software in a VM with XP and it was simple and effective. You can assign various multimedia codes or macros to the five keys, both of which worked. The illuminated "Aivia" button gives you five banks of these keys to play with and changes colour to indicate which bank is active. These are then stored in keyboard memory (another reason why it would be nice if the "G" keys were exposed in Linux.)

The wheels: XF86AudioMute, XF86AudioLowerVolume, XF86AudioRaiseVolume do work in Linux as the audio wheel works perfectly. I didn't buy this keyboard for the key illumination either but it is rather nice, even if I'll rarely use it. Just click the wheel to activate and scroll from barely visible up to very luminous. And it's blue.

Other than that, it looks great, is a compact size and is a joy to type on. I'm using the wrist rest and that's fine. And yes, it's a UK layout with a large "enter" key. Very pleased.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2012 9:39 AM GMT

Logitech G9x Laser Mouse
Logitech G9x Laser Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Mover, 6 Nov 2012
Had this about two weeks and very happy with it. I'm using it with Arch Linux and it works perfectly out of the box. I've ordered a "better" mouse mat but so far it works great on my old Guinness mat.

The different built in profiles are handy, as are the side buttons which perform forward and back a page in Firefox by default, for example. Movement is super smooth and some people have mentioned elsewhere a problem with erratic movement when lifting a laser mouse away from the mat, i.e. when reaching the edge and moving back to the centre - no problem here, pointer stays perfectly still. I haven't tried the alternate (black) casing as the grey one feels lovely. I put some of the weights in (it comes apart effortlessly) to make it heavier but I think this makes little difference. There's a "microgear" button underneath which alternates wheel scroll between normal (clicky) and super fine. I prefer ratchety myself.

My only minor gripe is with the middle (wheel) click in that it's a little harder to depress than it needed to be as I use this for "forward" in FPS and, of course, paste from clipboard in Linux. Overall very happy and recommended.

2M (2 Meter) XO PLATINUM HDMI TO HDMI Cable *New 2.0/1.4 Version High-Speed with ETHERNET and 3D 21GPS* FULL HD 2160p/1080p for XBOX 360, PS3, PS4, SKYHD, VIRGIN BOX, DVD, BLU-RAY, UHD, LCD, LED, PLASMA, Dolby TrueHD, Samsung LG SONY PANASONIC HDTV
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 out of 5, 1 Aug 2011
Great value, good quality (chunky and solid), works perfectly between my 37" Samsung and Onkyo AV unit (as a 1.3 cable that is, not in a position to test its 1.4 properties). Very fast delivery :)

XO Digital Optical Toslink Cable 2m / 2 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, PS4, XBOX One, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 out of 5, 1 Aug 2011
Great value, good quality, works perfectly between my 37" Samsung and Onkyo AV unit. Oh, and very fast delivery :)

Page: 1 | 2