Profile for Bea > Reviews

Content by Bea

Bea

Bridgedale Merinofusion Trekker Men's Sock - Stone, 12 Plus (Extra Large, Stone)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprise! The socks are a good fit!, 8 Jun 2014
It seems like Bridgedale might finally be listening to customer feedback re their sizing. Their socks are great, but have always tended to be on the small side. However this time the XL socks I ordered for my husband are at last a truly good fit ... and he's pleased with the stone colour.

Bridgedale Ski Women's All Mountain Sock - Cloud/Gunmetal, Size 7-8.5
Bridgedale Ski Women's All Mountain Sock - Cloud/Gunmetal, Size 7-8.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked them well enough to buy a 2nd pair, 11 Mar 2014
My husband and I have a fair collection of Bridgedale socks, bought over many years, and they are our favourite make of socks. I bought one pair of these All Mountain socks, and liked them so much that I got a second pair. Interestingly, the first pair were made in South Africa and the second ones in the UK. As mentioned by other customers, Bridgedale tend to "size down" their socks, so even though I would normally take size 5.5 shoes, I bought the socks in size 7-8.5 in order to achieve a perfect fit.

Konig Dimmer Clock
Konig Dimmer Clock
Price: 21.02

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for use in the UK, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Konig Dimmer Clock (Electronics)
Be aware that this clock is intended for use on the Continent and not in the UK. I have had to return the Konig Dimmer Clock to Amazon because it is supplied with a continental plug. Furthermore, the socket on the side of the clock where you plug in your bedside lamp only takes a European plug. So unless you want to buy two plug adaptors (one for the wall and one for your lamp - to take advantage of the lamp dimming facility), do not buy this clock. And finally, according to the instruction manual, the clock face does not dim (i.e. there is just a single brightness setting, which seems a bit daft for a bedside clock); it is only the lamp function which dims. On the positive side, Amazon were very good about accepting the product back.

Offered by Bargain Planet
Price: 39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Siesta Mi is Pure Disappointment, 26 Oct 2012
I bought a Pure Siesta Mi Series 2 clock radio yesterday for 40 (not from Amazon, I should add). This product has turned out to be a huge disappointment!

I had the radio on for less than 5 minutes today, when suddenly it just died and could not be revived. The radio still registered a strong signal for both digital and FM, but there was no sound.

Actually its demise was no bad thing, because the quality of sound from the radio was a complete and utter joke. Dear oh dear, Pure, what are you thinking?!! We have a Pure Evoke-2S and it is great. The Siesta Mi on the other hand sounds like some tinny 1960s, ultra-cheap transistor radio salvaged from the deepest, dustiest corner of someone's attic.

Furthermore, the alarm tone is deafening at its peak, and escalates to this point far too rapidly, as if shouting insistently "GET UPPPPP!!!!". A very abrupt and unpleasant awakening.

The clock radio is back in its box to be returned to the retailer for a refund, at the earliest opportunity. What a nuisance!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 9:02 AM GMT

Sony Bravia KDL26EX302U 26-Inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Far too basic, 8 Sep 2010
My husband and I have a 3 year old Sony Bravia 26 inch TV, with which we are very pleased. On this basis, we bought my mother-in-law a KDL26EX302. Our current TV has a comprehensive manual; however, the new KDL26EX302 model only comes with a much briefer version, probably because of its more limited capabilities.

For example, with our older 26in Bravia, it is possible to set up the DVD recording of a television programme directly from the Electronic Programme Guide, with a couple of easy button clicks on the remote control. The newer KDL26EX302 does not have this highly desirable function. In fact, we're still not sure how to record digital programmes (using a Sony DVD recorder) on the non-terrestrial channels, or whether it is even possible.

Called Sony to ask if we were doing something wrong. The technical assistant, though pleasant, was less than useless.

Our impresssion ... Sony have skimped on the KDL26EX302. The result ... we are disappointed.