Profile for Taks > Reviews

Taks

The Ruins of San Francisco
The Ruins of San Francisco

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific read, 6 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It is full of fascinating insight into the San Francisco disaster - interwoven with some nice plots twists and several times when I was so surprised with what came next that I had to keep reading.

Of the 4 novels I have read from Charlie Revelle Smith I enjoyed this one the most, and look forward to his future works.

This would make a great movie....

1888: A Jack the Ripper Novel
1888: A Jack the Ripper Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripped, 3 Nov 2013
I am really not a great fiction reader, but this was recommended by a friend and I enjoyed every page. I read it over a few boring train journeys and found myself, for about the first time ever, hoping the journey wouldn't stop and I could continue reading. There are some minor errors as pointed out by others, but they didn't detract from the read for me at all. Overall an interesting spin on a fascinating unsolved story - the truth of which we will probably never know. I've now read the author's other novels and look forward, I hope, to more in the not too distant future.

ZTE MF80 Unlocked 42 Mbps WIFI Router Mobile Hotspot 3G 4G HSPA+GSM USB Router
ZTE MF80 Unlocked 42 Mbps WIFI Router Mobile Hotspot 3G 4G HSPA+GSM USB Router
Offered by coolindi

1.0 out of 5 stars 4G?, 14 Jan 2013
I bought this because it is advertised as 4G. Not that I have access to 4G at the moment, but because I wanted to future proof my expenditure. The documentation that comes with the device does not mention 4G - only 2G/3G.

As I can't tell if it is 4G ready I'm not sure if I have bought an overly expensive alternative to the cheaper versions out there?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2013 9:44 PM BST

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard (Retail Packaging)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bluetooth, 5 Nov 2012
A really nice keyboard, but it isn't Bluetooth (which is what I searched for) - it comes with it's own wireless dongle. Not a particular problem - but if you are looking for a BT keyboard this isn't it!

The Cloud Book: How to Understand the Skies
The Cloud Book: How to Understand the Skies
by The Met Office

2.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful and very aggravating, 29 Jan 2012
As so many others have said this is a lovely book with beautiful illustrations.

But it is the most aggravating book I've ever read. It is bound in "landscape" type mode, so although you pick it up like a normal book you have to read it on its side. Not a problem for a reference book - but the text on each page is oriented so the bottom of the page is away from the binding - so that to read it you are constantly having to turn the book round by 180 degrees. Even if there is no text on one half of a double page (so that the full page picture is used to illustrate the text on the other half) the image is upside down.

I keep trying to read it to learn more about this fascinating subject, and I keep putting the book down in frustration.

If it was reprinted in a more sensible format I'd buy it again with no hesitation.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2013 4:11 PM GMT