Profile for Tor Johannessen > Reviews

Content by Tor Johannessen

Tor Johannessen "TeJe" (Stokmarknes, Norway)

Neverland - The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Neverland - The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Rhys Ifans

5.0 out of 5 stars A kid forever., 25 Mar. 2013
Peter Pan...
Who doesn't love this fairytale with the youngest known caracter forever?
Peter Pan is in some way a storytelling of a boy that most of us know that he wont grew up. A childish kid, but with a lot of good moral for other.
I'm now in my 34 year, but as long I can breath, I'll still watch movies like this. And a movie like this and also as an TV movie, or mini series, is actually one of the best movie made for television. Everything from story, actors, effects, sounds and more, is thrilling good.
From early 90s today, the Peter Pan movies have been great. And truly, I hate remake of a good movie. But two things of Peter Pan; there is maybe some movies who doesn't take damage of a new movie, cause as Peter Pan is forever in spirit, as fairytale of course, there is some movies who does the same. And, the stories aint the same in the last 22 years.
But in this one, they've also did something new. They try to give the universe in Peter Pan a more realistic feeling, literally. One have to see the movie to understand, and somewhere in the movie, it goes a little darker than the movies before. Not direct scary, but the youngest one could maybe react to it. But then again, a lot of movies today is more scary than the movies was for 20 years ago, and these movies are for kids too.
There is Peter Pan, Hook, Smee and Tingeling, they all are in the story, but as people can change, so can the stories do too.
So maybe, just maybe they will made a sequel too...? That have been really nice.

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Karl Urban

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool movie, 25 Mar. 2013
Yes, I've living in the 80s, but that time I didn't see so much of the movies as I do today.
But the feeling of the 80s... And not like it is from that years, of course not. Everyone who know about Judge Dredd, also know the style of the 80s as it have been transfered into the future, in some way.
The music, style, actors, everything in this movie give one who love a good sci-fi, a real feeling of punk-rock urban style.
This is more than just a simple popcorn movie, it have the action and sci-fi a typical punk-rock movie should have. It's almost as we could see the poesi in the movie.
There is some cool effects mixed with nice music, and this is also a movie I'll love to see over and over again.
The 3D is sometimes a little strange, but this is not so much of. Just see the movie with the options of the screen as you use to, cause if you can watch over the small things, it's nice with 3D too.
Great movie and give it 5/6 if possible.

Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Milla Jovovich

5.0 out of 5 stars Stars..., 25 Mar. 2013
Who doesn't wanna see Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil?
These movies have been a while, and it's almost as it have been to much of it. Almost.
There are maybe some of the old stuff from the first movies packed into this movie. Some cool twist that I can't say to much about without given some spoiler. One have to just see the movie. This may be the one movie that someone either hate, or just love it.
But if we all like the movies before the last one of Resi movies and love them, so will we do with this one too.
Sound and picture is 5/5 for them both in HD. I've only a ten years old surround receiver, but the sound is amazing itself. There are a long time since last time I've heard good surround in my living room, but Resident Evil Retribution is like "wow..."
Resident Evil have been a while, but I'll definitly see the next movie too.

Cockneys Vs Zombies [Blu-ray]
Cockneys Vs Zombies [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Michelle Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone hate... Everyone love..., 25 Mar. 2013
Zombies. Everyone hate them, and everyone loves them. But one places the limit have been crossed, and the movies with zombies are getting boring. Just the look of this cover didn't first bring the movie hope with me. But then I always curious with new movie with zombies, so I checked the trailer. And almost from the first seconds, I could understand this movie is an special one. There is some gore, not horror, but alot of comedy, a lot.
And a lot of swearing.
After I buy it from Amazon, I and some friends have seen it twice. One of my friends would buy it himself too.
Someone who wants a new zombie movie? You wont be disapointed after watching this one.

Demolition Man [Blu-ray] [1993] [Region Free]
Demolition Man [Blu-ray] [1993] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone

5.0 out of 5 stars Popcorn movie, 25 Mar. 2013
It's almost like the movie was made in the last years. Sound and picture is perfect, the future is funny to see in this movie in more than one way. For example the last movie to Lethal Weapon is posted on the wall in the police office, several years after it actually came out.
To say it as short as possible, this is a good popcorn futuristic action/comedy that everyone that like movies like this should see.

Vampires: Out For Blood [2004] [DVD]
Vampires: Out For Blood [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Dillon
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a typical vampire movie, 11 Dec. 2011
For the first I was not thinking this movie would be a low budged half good movie and I was either thinking this would be a big blockbuster or in other way a big movie. But then I was surprised of how the story moves on. It's a vampire movie with some easy twist. It have some humour in between (I would think this wasn't a plan to be a comedy/thriller, only thriller). But what do we have to think of some bad guys/ vampires? The story of the main caracter would give you some though of more than one could think. I would again think this is a easy crime/thriller movie. Not in that way this is a TV movie that I may think of it to begin with. No this movie is greater than that. (There a lot of good TV movie too, so don't misunderstand me.)