Profile for Mr. R. J. Wyndham > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Wyndham

Mr. R. J. Wyndham (Suffolk, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
BT 4 Wire 431A Plug to 4 Wire Male Plug Telephone Cable Lead 1m
BT 4 Wire 431A Plug to 4 Wire Male Plug Telephone Cable Lead 1m
Offered by kenable_ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, if you are happy to adjust wiring to fix the "flipped" connections., 6 Dec 2014
Cheap and works well - apart from the fact that the connections are reversed. In my case I just reversed the connections in the receiving socket, so no problem. (I.e. Connections 2,3,4,5 are connected to 5,4,3,2 respectively. 2 & 5 can be switched and still works. But 3 is normally the bell connection, so phone won't ring unless reversed in the socket connections)

Teach Yourself Visually Complete Mac Pro (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Complete Mac Pro (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Paul McFedries

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 17 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book after buying my first OS X machine - an iMac. I was pretty experienced with windows 7, and actually had got the hang of most tasks. But reading such a manual can trigger you finding out features new to you on either platform.

It is a thick volume, over 500 pages, and stuffed full of screen shots. It is task orientated from the really basic, e.g. Open a Web page in a Safari tab, to more advanced e.g. Setting up iCloud Synchronisation. This task approach I found useful and focussed on what one wants to do, rather than wordy general descriptions. However if you are experienced in Windows I think you will be able to do most things pretty quickly and can quickly do a browser search to find answers to specific queries. There is of course a new version of OS X since this book was published, so not worth buying this volume at the moment - but waiting for an update.

Insight Travel Map: Norway (Insight Travel Maps)
Insight Travel Map: Norway (Insight Travel Maps)

4.0 out of 5 stars Detailed and clear map, may not suit everyone, 3 Nov 2014
This map is very clear, and shows a large area. However it is VERY big, and awkward to open out fully or fold to show relevant sections. So it's really a map for spreading out on the floor, rather than taking with you. In this context it is good, but not ideal for touring uses.

Handpresso Wild Hybrid Espresso Maker for Ground Coffee and Pods
Handpresso Wild Hybrid Espresso Maker for Ground Coffee and Pods

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent option for ultimate portability., 2 Nov 2014
We are espresso enthusiasts! We have a coffee grinder and semi pro espresso machine, and a couple of small Nespresso machines around our house. We have a carry case for one of the Nespresso machines so we can pretty conveniently take this with us,when appropriate. However when visiting our Son in Norway, we needed something smaller to take with us. After investigating, this Handpresso device seemed to fill this need, and got good reviews.
It is certainly compact and packs easily with the custom case that I also bought.
It does work! I use the Aromo Bounce pods, and have not, and see no need to grind and tamp, or buy ground coffee and tamp.
I do get some true crema and also some "coffee froth" with these pods. The result is pretty good - recognisably a proper espresso, and comparable to what you might get in an average coffee shop.
The process is pretty easy, once you get the hang of it. You do have to avoid inadvertently pressing the button and losing the pressure before ready to go.
Too soon to comment on the reliability of the device, but will supplement this review with any subsequent tales of woe.
But I am very pleased so far - I will use my normal machine day to day, and Nespresso machine for odd cups plus where I can take it by car and set up, but for more casual and portable use, the Handpresso is a valuable addition to our espresso armoury. Recommended

Norway - Culture Smart! The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture
Norway - Culture Smart! The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture
by Linda March

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Excellent, 1 Nov 2014
My soan shi'a family moved to Norway for a 4 year contract. On our first visit we were lent this book. It was great reading - it gives the history, culture and etiquette of the Norwegians. Much better than a traditional guide book, and essential reading if you are going there to work or for an extended visit. Cannot recommend too highly.

Fender ABYPedal - True Bypass
Fender ABYPedal - True Bypass
Offered by EESMusic

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 1 Nov 2014
I use this to switch iPad output to either earphones or external PA system, or both. Use adapter jacks for the smaller Plug/ socket sizes. Couldn't find an ABY switch for 3.5mm size. I inserted batteries to get indicator lights - pulling out the centre plug switches these off.

Oslo PopOut Map (Popout Maps) - handy pocket-size pop up map of Oslo including map of Bergen and T-bane transit map
by PopOut Maps
Edition: Map

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Oslo., 1 Nov 2014
Nice design and very convenient. But note that there is not a Bergen map as well. It just has a small overview map that show Bergen and Oslo. But for a map for Oslo, recommended

Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool
Ryobi R18I-0 18V One Plus Inflator Bare Tool

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good tool for motorists, 1 Nov 2014
Very convenient to use - no longer have to put key in ignition and plug into internal 12v socket. Very important to have correct car tyre pressures, and this tool makes checking & correcting easier - and therefore gets done more often.
I found the gauge slightly under reads, so pump up higher to get correct pressure. Pleased I purchased this.

WOLF-Garten 3917000 Multi-Star Angle Broom
WOLF-Garten 3917000 Multi-Star Angle Broom

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 1 Nov 2014
I use this for sweeping roof tiles plus clearing out gutters. Works well.

CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Colombia (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Colombia (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine, not a personal favourite for me., 29 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried these in parallel with some Carte Noire pods. The packaging is very similar - plastic pods with partly open top, individually sealed in an airtight package. The machine fully punctured the pod, and coffee flowed, just like official Nespresso pods.
This blend is quite a low roast, and has a mild and slightly "tea" flavour - as against full-on high roast espresso blend. This was using it as an espresso, rather than the (longer) lungo size. I generally like lower roast beans, but I do like a bit more umph than this pod gave. So down to individual preference, but preferred the Carte Noire "9" in my comparitive tasting. However for milder and longer coffee enthusiasts this might suit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17