Profile for Ms. Lesley J. Griffen > Reviews

Content by Ms. Lesley J. ...

Ms. Lesley J. Griffen

Mega Bloks Lil Sparkling Tower Bag
Mega Bloks Lil Sparkling Tower Bag

1.0 out of 5 stars no sparkling bloks, 13 Feb 2014
All the sparkling bloks in my bag were plain old green bloks-which doesn't even match the lime green and hot pink bloks in the bag. I went on the company website to get contact details to complain and they have an online form where you can list the missing/wrong parts although the company reserve the right to limit the number of replacement bloks it sends. I have never received any replacement bloks so I'm stuck with green.

The whole point of this bag is it is supposed to contain sparkly bloks and the price has been inflated because of this. You can buy a much larger bag of plain bloks for £15 compared to this tiny bag for the same price.

My daughter is only 15 months so doesn't care but I would imagine an older child would be disappointed.

Madhouse Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for the Busy Family Kitchen
Madhouse Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for the Busy Family Kitchen
by Jo Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this because my weekly meals were repetitive and my 15 month old was refusing them all. I have a shelf full of cook books and I have cooked more recipes from this book in 3 weeks than I have my whole collection in all the years I've had them. I have predominantly cooked from the Monday to Friday and Busy Weekend chapters and everything has been quick, easy and tasty. The ingredient list is quite simple so no running to the supermarket for 1 off herbs, jars etc. Meals can be easily adapted by throwing in alternative veg & meat & most recipes have a tip suggesting what to do with the leftovers. This is the best family cook book I've used.

LeapFrog Shapes & Sharing Picnic Basket
LeapFrog Shapes & Sharing Picnic Basket

5.0 out of 5 stars Niece loves it, 1 Oct 2013
My niece is one year old and she really enjoys playing with this. She spend ages putting things in the box and out the box and opening and closing the lid.

My Big Book of Lift and Learn: 100 First Words
My Big Book of Lift and Learn: 100 First Words

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 1 Oct 2013
My daughter has been flicking through this book for the last 2 months - she is 11 months old. The book is quite big but she can flick through the pages and lift all of the flaps by herself. She has managed to rip a couple of the flaps off but I have allowed her to be quite rough with the book so only 2 missing is pretty good as it is a sturdy book. The pages are also dribble proof.

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Finn the Shark (Grey)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Finn the Shark (Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for kids, 1 Oct 2013
This is a great bag for kids. It's just the right size, it seems sturdy and it's fun. The bag is also cheaper on line than on the high street. After getting one for my nephew I ended up ordering another for another little boy's birthday present.

Weaning
Weaning
by Annabel Karmel

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok., 14 April 2013
This review is from: Weaning (Hardcover)
I bought this book as it seems to be the weaning book everybody uses. The book is fine-it gives you weaning advice & recipes but if you were to actually follow the book you would need a massive freezer & around 30 different pureed dishes/vegetables for the first 2 weeks alone. I've made all of the first tastes, beef stew, fish dish, chicken dish, a few mixed veg dishes & fruit desserts and I have spent hours & hours in the kitchen steaming, mixing, putting into ice cube trays, popping the food into bags, labelling the bags & stuffing them into my bulging freezer. It's such a time consuming book. It's good for ideas but I'm going to try & use my common sense & adapt adult recipes so I'm only cooking one meal.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Monitor
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like it, 13 Dec 2012
I bought this monitor after my daughter was diagnosed with whooping cough. When she was first diagnosed I kept her with me at all times in case she had a coughing fit & stopped breathing. As the weeks went on and her cough became less severe I bought this so I could leave her in one room and do things in a room near by. I understood it would not keep running all the time if she wasn't making any sound but I assumed it would as soon and she cooed, gurgled, cried and coughed - it didn't. I was walking around the house and heard her coughing rather than the monitor pick up any sound. It could have ended up a lot worse if I hadn't heard her coughing.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok but is it worth the money?, 16 May 2012
My husband bought this for me as a treat. It's texture and feel is more like a serum & I'm not sure it is any better than the various serums you can buy cheaper. I've used no7, olay & garnier & I would rate this as a superior product or well worth the 5x cost!!

It absorbs easily but I don't find it particularly moisturising and usually put some lotion on top of it.

It's nice to have, nice to try and my mother and friends think I'm a lucky sod to be given it as a treat but I haven't noticed anything different.

Thorn in My Side (Kindle Single)
Thorn in My Side (Kindle Single)

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear., 31 Mar 2012
I bought this book via my kindle and didn't realise it was a short story-only 33 pages. It appeared on my recommended list and I thought why not. I am now thinking why??? The positive is it's only 33 pages but you'd really get more out of a trashy gossip magazine.

I don't know if she is trying to be thought provoking or if she had just been told she had 5 minutes to write a short story and this is what she came up with. It's rubbish. The story is rubbish and it's not even written well.

I have read a lot of books by this author but if this was the first thing I had read I wouldn't have bothered with anything else she had done.

Kitchen Craft Plastic 7 in 1 Mandoline and Grater- boxed
Kitchen Craft Plastic 7 in 1 Mandoline and Grater- boxed
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars It chops and it slices just like it said it would, 14 Feb 2010
I initially bought this item because I make loads of onion chutney and I was fed up spending hours slicing the veg myself. The item has chopped and sliced mountains of onions and it has worked fine. It is a cheap item so I don't really think you can expect it to be all singing and all dancing. It does what it says.

I have mainly used it to chop and slice hard veg like potatoes for gratin and carrots etc and I have had no problems with bending blades or uneven veg. If you want a fancy mandolin that you can alter the widths etc then splash the cash.