ARRAY(0xa82950d8)

Profile for M. Illingworth > Reviews

Content by M. Illingworth

M. Illingworth (Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Jesus' Final Week (Lifeguide Bible Studies)
Jesus' Final Week (Lifeguide Bible Studies)
by Cindy Bunch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 31 Mar 2014
Bought for use with a Housegroup and and it was really enjoed by all participants. Factual and thought provoking. Highly recommend.

LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System (Green)
LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System (Green)
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas present, 31 Mar 2014
This was bought for my 41/2 years old grandson and he loves it. I wondered if he would just use it once or twice and cast it aside like so many other things we have bought him but no, three months on from when he received it he is still using it virtually every day. It helps him with his reading and the formulation of letters and numbers but best of all, for what is basically a teaching/learning tool, he really enjoys playing with it. Definitely a very good buy which I would recommend.

9 Killer Thrillers - 9 complete thriller novels
9 Killer Thrillers - 9 complete thriller novels
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a good buy, 8 Jan 2014
I have only read three of the nine books so far but each one has been interesting and well written and kept me turning the pages to find out who "dun it"

On the basis of my experience of the three books read so far I would recommend this as a very good purchase to make and for the price paid how can it be otherwise.

Buy, read and enjoy.

Pope to the Poor: The Life and Times of Pope Francis (Jorge Mario Bergoglio)
Pope to the Poor: The Life and Times of Pope Francis (Jorge Mario Bergoglio)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative read, 2 Dec 2013
I bought this book because I wanted to know something about our new Pope as I knew very little about him. This book met my expectations and I now know considerably more than I did about this religious leader. I would recommend this book to those who like me just want some good background information about Pope Francis. There are many other much more expensive books on the market for those who want really detailed information but this a good short read. I should probably state that I am an Anglican not a Catholic.

Keeping Quiet: Paul Nixon The Autobiography
Keeping Quiet: Paul Nixon The Autobiography
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 6 Nov 2013
I did not really know too much about this author before I read the book even though I like to think of myself as a cricket fan but this is an entertaining book and quite well written. I recommend it for cricket fans generally particularly those who remember this man Paul Nixon.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 6 Nov 2013
A reasonable story line but the book was spoilt for me by the totally unnecessary use of very strong swear words. A good author pandering to what she thinks the public want but she has got it wrontg because we don't all want this type of writing. J.K. Rowling has certainly gone down in my estimation.

The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 9 Oct 2013
A book about life for the ordinary working man at the beginning of the twentieth century. Not so long ago but conditions for the majority of ordinary people clearly exposed in the form of a novel. Conditions which were truly appalling and which we would find almost impossible to imagine in todays welfare state society. A book written by a socialist about a team of painters and decoratotors living (existing) and working in Birmingham. At times a very grim read but for any one wanting to know a little about the roots of socialism in our country well worth the read. I was enthralled in this fairly long book for about a week and could not put it down although as i have indicated it is not an easy read. Highly recommended by me.

Citadel
Citadel
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Citadel (Kindle Edition)
Not as good in my opinion as the first two books in the series but still an excellent read and a must for any Kate Mosse fans from books 1 and 2 Sepulchre and Labryinth. The story is set in the second world war and moves along at an interesting but not rapid pace. I read it over a period of about one week and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Elvis Country
Elvis Country
Price: 4.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Elvis Country (Audio CD)
I am an Elvis fan so generally like anything produced by Elvis and this CD did not disappoint me. Great country music in that old inimitable style that only Elvis had. This CD is a must buy for all Elvis fans wherever and whoever you are. Buy it.

New Boys/Childrens Blue Thomas The Tank Velcro Fastening Slippers - Blue - UK 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slippers, 23 Aug 2013
These were purchased for my grandson. He loves them. The velcro fastening is just up his street. He is only four years old and can not fasten laces yet. The colour and the style and the fit is perfect and I know he will be sorry when he grows out of them which of course he will do fairly quickly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5