Profile for MD Farmer > Reviews

Content by MD Farmer

MD Farmer "Martinet" (Southern Britain)

Page: 1 | 2
Television
Television

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly good, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Television (Audio CD)
Television are quite brilliant. My favourite concert ever was Television playing at Hammersmith in 1978 when I was 18 and I have known the first two brilliant albums, 'Marquee Moon' and 'Adventure' since they first came out in about 1977 and 1978 but I had missed this other than the live performance on Jools Holland's 'Later'. I bought this by way of completism before seeing them at the Roundhouse in November and was amazed that I could have missed such a powerful, witty album stuffed full of intelligence and musical individualism. there are few bands which have ever had twin guitars as successfully used as this: Thin Lizzy, Grateful Dead, Crosby, Stills Nash and Young, some would add Wishbone Ash. At the Roundhouse gig, I realised that they are like a post-punk Grateful Dead and they are just as brave as the 'Dead ever were. If you're hesitating about whether to buy this don't, unless that is, you don't already have a copy of Marquee Moon. All three albums remain essential for any rock enthusiast who is interested in seeing what can be done with two guitars bass and drums. This is music by and for the truly alert.

Philips SHL5605GY/10 CitiScape Downtown On-Ear Headphones - Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Evisium, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously good value compare and contrast with the hugely overpriced Dr Dread Beats headphones, 12 Jan. 2014
My daughter - a budding musician asked for these and at first I thought she had made a mistake as I had never been aware of Phillips headphones and owning two pairs of good headphones and three or four at this price. I read the reviews and they were excellent although I was still sceptical. I shouldn't have been - these are excellent 'phones. My only complaint is that they are too well isolating which means I can never get my daughter to hear me when I want her to do something (perhaps this isn't to do with the 'phones!

Cable Mountain 10m High Quality Gold Plated 2x Phono to 2x Phono RCA Cable
Cable Mountain 10m High Quality Gold Plated 2x Phono to 2x Phono RCA Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good price, 12 Jan. 2014
Little to be said about a connector lead. It does what it is supposed to do. It is well made and there is no discernable loss using reasonably analytical equipment

Abus Universal Helmet Cover - Yellow, One Size
Abus Universal Helmet Cover - Yellow, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits over my peaked helmet perfectly and keeps the rain off, 12 Jan. 2014
A good, simple design at a sensible price which serves three purposes: Warms the head, keeps it dry and is a great aid to cyclist visibility.

Herzog / Kinski Box Set [DVD]
Herzog / Kinski Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Klaus Kinski

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite director and his favourite (sometimes) actor, 12 Jan. 2014
These are wild and wonderful films which are astonishingly slowly realised. the power and majesty are tremendous as well as the insanity.

Elite Cycling Project Men's Cycle Beanie - Black, One Size
Elite Cycling Project Men's Cycle Beanie - Black, One Size
Offered by GetYourselfFitter

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, snug and warm, 12 Jan. 2014
Fits under my helmet without adjustment. Mmmmm - toasty. Does make me ask fellow riders to repeat themselves a lot!

Stonehenge: Exploring the Greatest Stone Age Mystery
Stonehenge: Exploring the Greatest Stone Age Mystery
by Michael Parker Pearson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave this to my wife who has raved about it., 12 Jan. 2014
I gave this book to my wife and she enjoyed to so much that she actually enjoyed being so ill that she had to sit and read it in only a few protracted sittings. This book contains THE current analysis for this great edifice.

Pedros Tyre level plastic (Colour: yellow)
Pedros Tyre level plastic (Colour: yellow)
Offered by Cyclaire

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasurable but too thick to use easily, 12 Jan. 2014
The thickness of the plastic makes it hard to get the end under the tyre rim which is a nuisance.

Silverline PC44 Plugging Chisel with Guard 250mm
Silverline PC44 Plugging Chisel with Guard 250mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hand guard, 19 Sept. 2013
The hand - guard makes this a good buy but it doesn't have the attention to detail of the Faithfull

Faithfull F0416 Fluted Plugging Chisel
Faithfull F0416 Fluted Plugging Chisel

4.0 out of 5 stars Carefully made. does what it says it will do, 19 Sept. 2013
Much better made than the Silverline but without the hand guard. Shame. Take the guard off another tool if you value your knuckles

Page: 1 | 2