Profile for Clare > Reviews

Content by Clare

Clare

Starting School (Picture Puffin)
Starting School (Picture Puffin)
by Janet Ahlberg
Price: 6.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 15 July 2012
Got this book for my daughter who starts school in sept. She likes 'reading' the book herself using the pictures and the book does a good job of describing the sorts of things the children might do in reception. The book needs updating in terms of showing school uniform and the teacher collecting the dinner money but these are small things and overall the book is helpful although not terribly exciting

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty
Fisher-Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty

4.0 out of 5 stars Great potty for little boys, 15 July 2012
Got this potty for my son of 22 months. Found that conventional potty's didn't accomodate boys bits very well so this froggy one is great as it is roomy and reaches up high enough at the front. My son has sat on the potty a few times and even produced three small wee's!!!

Only slight negative is that the collection bowl lifts up really easily and you have to grab it quick as my son lifts it immediately spilling the contents. Other than that great product at a reasonable price. We had a summer infant toilet style one for my daughter that was expensive and althogh it was comfy the soft seat split making it unhygenic so overall I think this frog one is better.

Doudou et Compagnie The Naturals 25 cm Rabbit Boxed (White)
Doudou et Compagnie The Naturals 25 cm Rabbit Boxed (White)
Offered by Boxtreegallery
Price: 18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor value, a tiny bunny for a lot of money..., 9 Mar 2011
Un-impressed with this toy, although the bunny is very soft and cute it is tiny! I had to keep it as my daughter had already detached it from the box. It's really expensive for such a small soft toy...disappointing.

Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)
Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)
Offered by BabyRug
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and soft to chew on., 9 Mar 2011
I bought Sophie for my seven month old son based on good reviews. The toy is, as others have said a bit like a dog chew toy but I still like it. Sophie is soft enough for bubs to gnaw on it easily unlike some other teethers that seem to irritate or hurt gums. My son finds the squeak entertaining but after biting the giraffes's head for a bit it's soon discarded.... babies are so fickle. Overall quite expensive but I'm sure it's long wearing and I like that it's a bit retro.

Rainbow Designs Very Hungry Butterfly Developmental Toy
Rainbow Designs Very Hungry Butterfly Developmental Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Butterfly, 19 Jan 2011
Bought this for my friend's son as a gift and she said that this was by far his favourite toy, and that he squeals with delight every time she gets it out for him to play!!

Britains 40966 1:32 Scale Large White Pigs
Britains 40966 1:32 Scale Large White Pigs
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Teeny tiny piggies, 19 Jan 2011
Basic farm animals, useful for imaginative play although the piglets are really really small; so a bit dissapointing for the price.

Leifheit, Pegasus 200 Dl, Large Clothes Airer Plus
Leifheit, Pegasus 200 Dl, Large Clothes Airer Plus
Price: 58.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Airer, but only those with lots of space should purchase., 9 Nov 2010
Holds lots of washing and seems very strong so I am very pleased but it might be worth measuring the space you intend to put the airer as it certainly is big and takes up a fair bit of room.

The Gruffalo's Child
The Gruffalo's Child
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bedtime story, 9 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo's Child (Board book)
My 2.5 year old daughter and I like this story, just as good as the first book and a welcome change to the same books my little one insists on every night!

Summer Infant Potty Training System
Summer Infant Potty Training System

4.0 out of 5 stars summer infant Potty, a good one., 19 Mar 2010
We got this potty for my daughter as she wouldn't sit on a regular plastic one as the seat is hard... she loves this potty as it has a soft seat and is higher off the ground, offering a more comfortable sit!

Only negative is that the potty isn't very transportable (when out and about) as it's bigger than an average plastic one but that aside my daughter enjoys using it, with a view accidents on the way.

Clearblue Fertility Monitor
Clearblue Fertility Monitor
Offered by SME Fertility
Price: 119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearblue Fertility Monitor, 15 Sep 2009
I bought this fertility monitor after suffering an early miscarriage...we wanted to be pregnant again and this seemed like an easy way to make it happen more quickly than guess work. After using the monitor for one cycle I'm pleased to report that I am pregnant!! It's early days yet and my fingers are crossed that all will be well but I can't recommend the monitor enough.