Profile for A. Wood > Reviews

Content by A. Wood

A. Wood "Al142" (Nantwich, Cheshire)

Page: 1 | 2
David Noton The Vision: The Art of Photography from Idea to Exposure
David Noton The Vision: The Art of Photography from Idea to Exposure
by David Noton
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Landscape Photography Book, 10 Jan 2014
This book will interest anyone with ambitions to develop their landscape photography knowledge. It is a beautifully presented book with detailed explanations of the settings used to capture the images. The narrative shows how much experience and dedication is needed to be successful as a top Landscape Photographer at David's level but also his love of visiting different countries and observing before photographing. Although hard and often frustrating work, he clearly loves his job.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cameron Sino Replacement Battery, 23 July 2012
This battery works better than the original one in my Samsung Galaxy phone. It holds a charge better than the original which is useful in a power-hungry mobile. So far, so good.

Farringdon Collection Beech Lemon Reamer (17841495)
Farringdon Collection Beech Lemon Reamer (17841495)
Price: 3.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Lemon Reamer, 18 April 2012
Works well and useful for part-squeezing lemon. The reamer looks quite good in natural beech and is easy to clean.

SanDisk SDCFX-032G-FFP 32 GB 60 MB/s Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card - Frustration-Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk 32 GB Compct Flash Card, 18 April 2012
What can I say? It is memory card with a large capacity and it works. SanDisk are good quality and the recording speed is fine for my use with a Canon 7D camera. I thought it rather expensive, but otherwise recommended.

Op/Tech Pro SLR Camera Strap - Green
Op/Tech Pro SLR Camera Strap - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Op/Tech Camera Strap, 18 April 2012
As soon as I used this strap I realized how good it is. The weight of the camera and lens is spread more-evenly and well cushioned by the neoprene, so that even my camera and long lens are more manageable. Recommended.

Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
Offered by TUFFskinz
Price: 860.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera, 27 Feb 2012
This is an excellent camera. I upgraded from my beloved 40D as I felt the need to progress and I have not been disappointed. The handling is very similar to the 40D in that the size and weight are similar, so I am using it intuitively. I prefer the On/Off button's new position on the top left of the body. It is accessible when the camera is tripod mounted, which was not quite the case with the 40D. I also like the repositioned Menu etc buttons. I find them more accessible at the L/H side on the back of the body, than the 40D position across the bottom. Also, they are slightly recessed, therefore not operated by pressing against my coat. There are numerous menu options, some more useful to me than others, but all easily accessible and well-worth exploring as everyone has personal preferences for their camera set-up. The camera feels solid and substantial and the shutter has a satisfying 'clunk'. My photographic results from the camera and a Sigma 17-50 lens are a joy. I enjoy and appreciate the 7D.

The Wedding Photography Field Guide: Capturing the Perfect Day with your Digital SLR Camera (Photographer's Field Guide)
by Michelle Turner
Price: 7.19

2.0 out of 5 stars The Wedding Photography Field Guide: Capturing the Perfect Day with your Digital SLR Camera, 27 Feb 2012
There is some good information in the book with regard to camera settings and basic hints and tips on the actual photography. I would have preferred more of this technical information. I was less interested in how to choose a camera - I already have one and will not be changing it - and thought the suggestions on locations and poses perhaps more-suited to an American market. I can't see 'Trash the Dress' being entirely popular with most couples. In summary, I was disappointed.

Design Go Luggage Passport Cover , Black , One Size
Design Go Luggage Passport Cover , Black , One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Passport Cover, 27 Feb 2012
This is a well-made and well-fitting passport cover with none of the garish decoration favoured by many other makes. It looks fine and is substantial without being clumsy.

ASUS PA246Q 24.1-inch Proart P-IPS LCD Monitor - Black
ASUS PA246Q 24.1-inch Proart P-IPS LCD Monitor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus PA2460 24.1" Proart LCD Monitor, 17 Feb 2012
I use a monitor almost exclusively for Photoshop work and this one seems excellent for that purpose. It arrived promptly and was easy to set up. The manufacturers calibration seems to work well. The reds were high, but I adjusted them on the card and all is now well. My prints are accurate to the screen rendition. A great relief after the previous Dell monitor, which took a lot of calibration and always showed a colour cast - magenta on the right side and green on the left. So far, the Asus has been a great success.

Cokin P477 77mm TH0.75 Adapter
Cokin P477 77mm TH0.75 Adapter
Price: 6.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Cokin P477 Adapter Ring, 17 Feb 2012
I always use a UV filter to protect my lenses so an adapter ring is essential. I leave it attached to the lens so it is easy to slide the filter holder on. As I always used graduated filters for outdoor work, I find this the easiest and quickest method. The ring screws on smoothly and the filter holder slides on without trouble. It does what it says 'on the tin'.

Page: 1 | 2