Profile for Harriet Ray > Reviews

Harriet Ray

Rust and Bone
Rust and Bone

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Rust and Bone (DVD)
I thought that initially I wasn't going to enjoy this film but it was really excellent. I loved it.

Suite Française
Suite Française

5.0 out of 5 stars Suite Francaise, 1 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Suite Française (DVD)
One of the best films i have seen for a very long time. Kristin Scott Thomas as the formidable mother-in-law was excellent and the doomed love affair between her daughter-in-law Lucille and Bruno, the Nazi officer billeted with them was compelling and gripping. I would thoroughly recommend this DVD.

Stella
Stella

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Stella (DVD)
We don't have sky TV so I did not know about this series. I ordered it but was uncertain whether we would enjoy it . Anyway it is wonderful and both my husband and I have hugely enjoyed it. We couldn't wait for the next series to arrive through our letter box.. Can thoroughly recommend it.

Nightrunners of Bengal
Nightrunners of Bengal
by John Masters

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping novel recording bygone era, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Nightrunners of Bengal (Paperback)
Well written and gives you a good idea of life in India during the Raj in the weeks leading up to the Indian Mutiny.

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed
by Khaled Hosseini

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 Aug. 2013
I have to be honest. I was disappointed in this book. I have so enjoyed his other two novels - the Kite Runner and a thousand splendid suns and was looking forward to this one but i didn't enjoy it very much and in fact didn't finish it.