Profile for Rufus Mcgrufus > Reviews

Content by Rufus Mcgrufus

Rufus Mcgrufus "brap" (UK, Staffordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Dec. 2014
Working great so far with a very long battery life

I Love Sean Paul - Womens T-Shirt-Purple-Small
I Love Sean Paul - Womens T-Shirt-Purple-Small
Offered by Dressdown

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Nov. 2014
Great fit for a friend, nice material. Good buy!

Timber-Treasures Hand-Crafted Wooden Cello Puzzle Box
Timber-Treasures Hand-Crafted Wooden Cello Puzzle Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Nov. 2014
Great quality, very nice gift idea

Happy Birthday Hannah Mini Heart Tin Gift Present For Hannah WIth Chocolates. Silver Heart Tin. Fits Beautifully in the Palm of Your Hand. Great Birthday Present To Show Somebody You are Thinking of Them.
Offered by Gift In Can

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 Nov. 2014
Came in good time but the item read "Hammah" instead of "Hannah"

Total War: Shogun 2 - Limited Edition
Total War: Shogun 2 - Limited Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars 11 years to build anticipation. 11 wasted years it seems, 17 Mar. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Right before I review the game I'd just like to point out I love total war games and I really wish I could give this game 5 stars but I think it only fair to other Total War fanatics to appreciate that this isn't as good as expected.

I won't go into the installion proceedure as many have already complained but will evaluate the game directly.

PROS:

-If your a fan of the whole RPG system then you might like the idea that you get to choose how your general (after earning a battle command star) should develop. I personally liked Medieval Total War 2 on its randomness of personality as it made it feel as if the general was a person and not a robot.

-The game keeps its authenticity just like the first Shogun-with its music and dialogue and Japanese paintings,it truly captures a feeling of Japan in the Sengoku Jidai

-I hear complaints about the graphics but I think they're fantastic,in addition, individual soldiers feel like individual soldiers rather than a unit block. What I mean is that when 2 unit block enter combat it truly feels as if each soldier is fighting for himself rather than fighting as part of a robotic unit block.

-The infamous ninja cut scenes are back and still fantastic. I really enjoy watching them and can see a lot of thought has been put into them, some even are like the original!

-3D rotation, its pretty cool but I wouldn't buy a game solely for that reason

-If your a fan of multiplayer than there is a lot to be done, including creating your own avatar, I, however, am discouraged by it and will go into that later.
There are more pros ofcourse but will quickly skip on to the key cons

CONS:
-First of, I was dissappointed with the size of the map, I know Japan is small and expected a small map but I thought "Creative Assembly" might perhaps let the gamer control the little towns in the region ASWELL as the major city, I think that is a reasonable demand and yet not shown in the game.

-I'm not a fan of the idea that before building some buildings "Arts" must be perfected. Don't get me wrong Samurai arts and beliefs, such as the Bushido code, would be a nice feature to perfect but the need to perfect arts before a building can be built just delays the game, as I assume was intended.

-Having waited so long I guess I was dissapointed with the end result, it feels as if fewer generals are able to be controlled, the map is nicely designed but having created previous masterpieces this is a bit of a shocking map (just look at the detail on Medieval total war 2).

-The issue I have with online is that when you click some buttons if you decide that you no longer want to continue with what you have just clicked there is no "back" button, the only way out is if you continue with what you have clicked or if you exit the game completely-as you can imagine I didn't like that one bit.

I don't want to put you of the game and I think it still is worth buying, especially if you already like Total War games or are interested in Japanese history or perhaps if you like battling online against others. And to be honest I've only played for 18 hours but 18 hours is a long time and normally I am eager to continue playing, with this game I am not too bothered.

I hope the price is reduced to £20, (the extra content is only useful really online, apart from the extra clan to play as) that is a very fair price I think for this game. Sorry Total War, you've disheartened a Die-Hard fan.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2011 2:53 PM BST

Catwalk Collection Leather Purse - Jodie - Cream/Brown
Catwalk Collection Leather Purse - Jodie - Cream/Brown
Offered by The Real Handbag Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 16 Mar. 2011
I bought this as a gift for a friend and really liked it, especially for the price I payed :P

However, 2 things that concerned me: -I know its a purse but it was much smaller than I imagined, smaller than my wallet! But it still was large enough to be useful

-I know this isn't a very helpful point and to be honest I'm going to probably
sound like the amateur I am in fashion(!) however, when I received the item
it smelt quite damp, as if it had been stored in a cold, wet place.

All in all a decent buy for the price and it does look very classy, I can't see any major flaw with it

Faces of War (PC DVD)
Faces of War (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for Value, 16 Mar. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Faces of War (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Only £4 (Decemeber 2010) and it is great, control a squad of men and lead them on several missions ranging from the Brits even to the Germans. A vast arsenal of tanks and vehicles available.

But what I was most shocked about was how people still play this game online! At least 100 people are on daily, online is fab, cooperative, combat, battle grounds, the list goes on.

If you like world war 2 games this is a certain buy, for only £4! However, I must admit I've not played other war games of this type ,as mentioned by other reviewers, so can't compare but I know that I enjoyed this game for hours!

Great Buy!

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3)
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice time killer, 6 Nov. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great game for a bit of fun, if your not looking for anything too serious, as there are plenty of serious games out nowadays. The key feature I like is that you get to create your own warrior and there's free downloadable content increasing your choices of dress for your character, great!

However, just like all its predecessors, it gets repetitive very quickly, but thats not too much of a bother if you just want to whack a few plebs

Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Platinum Edition (PS3)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Platinum edition says it all, 6 Nov. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you haven't bought this game and you are considering getting it then do! This platinum version is at such a great price and contains downloadable content worth a good £10.

The game ,if you dont know, is a pioneer, one of the first games with smart thinking, basically holding R1 would make the character automatically free run on any object touched rather than having to press R1 when touching the object.

Theres plenty of reviews on this game so I dont see any point in explaining the game but all you need to know is this is definitely a game you should play before you die

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Textbook Second Edition
Edexcel A2 Chemistry Textbook Second Edition
by George Facer

3.0 out of 5 stars Suprising, 10 Nov. 2009
First of all, I hate to say it but WHSmith are selling this for £16.00, but they are book specialists I guess.

Second of all, considering the price, you would think this book would have been read through once or twice by editors, well it is packed with mistakes.
Not just little mistakes, serious mistakes that if your already finding Chemistry difficult can really confuse you.

However, if the book had no mistakes it would definitely be my choice of book as it is detailed but to the point with not just bare writing on every page.

Perhaps wait for another edition or just buy this one with mind that some of it is wrong.

Page: 1 | 2