Profile for R. Amos > Reviews

Content by R. Amos

R. Amos

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 22 Mar 2013
Exactly what was needed to remove the back of my iPhone 4. Exactly what was needed. Four more words required?

Trust 7 Port USB2 Powered Hub HU-5870V UK
Trust 7 Port USB2 Powered Hub HU-5870V UK

1.0 out of 5 stars It looks good!, 23 July 2011
If you are considering buying one of these please read ALL of the reviews. Mine has lasted 3 months. I will not be returning it as I don't want another. Still it looks good!

(4 bulb pack) 3W Interlux™ GU10 Brilliant White; High power USA chip LED
(4 bulb pack) 3W Interlux™ GU10 Brilliant White; High power USA chip LED

4.0 out of 5 stars Seeing the light!, 15 Sep 2010
I have tried various low energy GU10 lamps over several years but these are by far the best. They are brighter than standard 35w halogen lamps and the colour of the light is almost white with a very slight blueish tinge, absolutely 'spot' on for the kitchen. Now I just have to save up to replace all 8 of the others! Hence only 4 stars, they are expensive.

Folding Fishing Seat Box Trolley
Folding Fishing Seat Box Trolley

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 11 July 2010
No problem at all with the service from this company just that this product is a bit flimsy. It is not well engineered I will have to replace it within a year.

Logitech Squeezebox Boom
Logitech Squeezebox Boom

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs a manual?, 30 Dec 2008
Seldom do products live up to their marketing, however in the case of this little beauty it does! Out of the box with the SqueezeCentre server running on my PC I was listening to my music collection within 5 mins. I have yet to look at the manual! It's a dream to use, easy to set-up and I'm simply stunned by the range and quality of the sound (especially given the size of the speakers) and it has never skipped a beat anywhere in the house. Add a track to the iTunes library or create a playlist and it's immediately available on the Squeezebox. It has a good solid feel to it and appears to be well built. For me this was the entry level option and while it is not cheep it represents very good value for money. I will buy other products in this range in the future. Happy listening.
The server is currently an iMac running OS X 10.6.6 and a BT HomeHub 1 but I'm about to go to a QNap NAS....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2009 4:57 PM BST