Profile for JO > Reviews

JO

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Four Streets
The Four Streets

5.0 out of 5 stars but life can be like that. I couldn't stop reading it and now ..., 20 July 2014
This review is from: The Four Streets (Kindle Edition)
I was immediately gripped by the well drawn characters. Yes, some of the tale was harrowing indeed, but life can be like that. I couldn't stop reading it and now feel quite "bereaved" and missing the characters! I'll look forward to the sequel - thank you Ms Dorries.

The Secret Apocalypse (A Secret Apocalypse Story Book 1)
The Secret Apocalypse (A Secret Apocalypse Story Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good zombie book!, 10 Jun 2014
Well written and fast paced. I rather enjoyed it, the characters were believable and will certainly read more by Mr Harden. Thank you.

A Different Kind Of Twin (Amy and Paul Book 1)
A Different Kind Of Twin (Amy and Paul Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 2 Jun 2014
Not just a Different Kind of Twin but a very different kind of book. Very readable and I enjoyed it. Felt well written and well paced. The characters were engaging. Thank you Mr Trauring. I shall look forward to reading the sequel.

Ten Friendly Fish
Ten Friendly Fish
by Debbie Tarbett

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright cheery book!, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Ten Friendly Fish (Hardcover)
I've had 2 copies of this book for both my grandchildren. Combines everything you would wish from a children's book: colour, quirky pictures, counting game and - best of all - pop ups at the end!!

A Second Chance (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 3)
A Second Chance (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT READ!, 14 May 2014
These books just get better and better. I loved them all and think the author is growing in style and strength with every book! Can't wait for number four. Many thanks, Ms Taylor.

Blood Bites: Three Vampire Tales
Blood Bites: Three Vampire Tales

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 3 OK, 28 April 2014
Easy reads, one was poor, but the other 2 were OK. Ages since I read any vampire books Ann Rice and Bram Stoker probably. These tales aren't in their class, but "readable" enough.

A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 2)
A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St Mary Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!, 28 April 2014
Having enjoyed the first novel, I bought the second and was delighted! A fast-paced interesting novel, well written and thoroughly delightful. I can heartily recommend it. I've just bought the third - the housework must wait. Thank you, Ms Taylor!

A Thread Unbroken
A Thread Unbroken

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives one pause for thought., 25 April 2014
This review is from: A Thread Unbroken (Kindle Edition)
This was a surprise of a book. I had no idea about trafficking in China or the plight of females. It was well written and a good read. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it. I had a loving, supportive father and Chai's father reminded me of him. Thank you.

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

5.0 out of 5 stars What a treat!, 25 Mar 2014
I do not know why I have not read any of his work prior to this. I am delighted to have begun and will read all that I can. Beautifully written with finely drawn characters. I enjoyed the subtle humour and the feeling of well-being generated by this lovely book. I would unequivocally recommend it to all.

Spot Goes to the Farm (Spot - Original Lift The Flap)
Spot Goes to the Farm (Spot - Original Lift The Flap)
by Eric Hill
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars BIRTHDAY PRESENT, 22 Feb 2014
Book perfect, well packaged and prompt delivery. These books do stand quite hard wear and tear, are bright and I like the series. Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4