Profile for Avada Kedavra > Reviews

La Riche Directions Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Colour 88ml - Ebony
La Riche Directions Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Colour 88ml - Ebony
Offered by Glitterstore Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars GALAXY RAINBOW, NOT EBONY!!, 6 Sep 2013
I used this to dye my blonde hair extensions black to match my hair colour, however when I started using the dye first it was coming out a brownish red colour so, knowing that dyes can be deceptive, I put it all the way through the 15 inches of remy extensions. When I pulled off my gloves and rinsed them the dye was pure red, looked at my hands they are blue, pink, purple, orange, every colour but black.

Semi? No, this has stained EVERYTHING it has touched I don't know what I'm going to go to get the rainbow colours off of everything, as soon as it touches it stains in slash marks and it's horrible. If you use this dye, dye it in your shed/ garage/ even outside would be better.

Loads of the dye rinsed out even when I left it longer than 15 minutes because it didn't seem to be taking properly, yes the little tiny pot was labelled Ebony but did the colour come out right? NO, it's washed out and everything but black.

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!!

The Vampire Diaries - Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Vampire Diaries - Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Nina Dobrev

5.0 out of 5 stars I adore these but...., 4 Sep 2013
I heard people saying it's not like the book, they changed everything and yes they have it's very little on the book, I only see faint lines or snippets of bits from the books. The only thing they kept are the characters names, which I was surprised about Elena I would pronounce her name 'Ellena' not 'Elaina' Whether this is genuinely how her name is or not I am not 100% certain.

Wrong characters:
Elena is described as a beautiful girl with pale skin, long blonde hair, Lapis Lazuli (dark blue eyes) and we get Nina Dobrev?? Hmm not true to form AT ALL.
Damon's eyes are the incorrect colour but I'm not going to fuss over that.
Bonnie is COMPLETELY different to book Bonnie in looks and personality.
Caroline looks the way she should (almost) but her personality is nothing like the books, she is like some stupid little giggly girl that loves everything and everyone especially Bonnie and Elena.... in the books she was nothing like that.

The series follows very, VERY loosely on the books but it is a good series and if you are picky about books and films matching then this might not be for you but if you don't care then go for it. It's an entertaining series I won't lie and it's much cheaper here than anywhere else too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2013 7:34 PM BST

Stepping into the Shadows: Why Women Convert to Islam
Stepping into the Shadows: Why Women Convert to Islam
by Rosemary Sookhdeo

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not what I expected at all., 4 Sep 2013
I was expecting something a little more shocking than this, I was expecting something more detailed, something that went somewhere, something had actually had a proper story to tell but this was actually a rather boring book.

The way it was written sounded like she was parroting or being used as a puppet to write very blank, almost robotic things, like she didn't actually understand. She obviously married a very typically British-born man after converting who did not have the "true" beliefs so she took up with them too and was shocked by the way she was treated in Pakistan. I really don't think this woman is all that clever or very genuine either.

Not worth the money AT ALL and not a very good read, you could find something better to be honest.

An Inspector Calls (Heinemann Plays For 14-16+)
An Inspector Calls (Heinemann Plays For 14-16+)
by J.B. Priestley

4.0 out of 5 stars I took a star off from the seller., 4 Sep 2013
I remember reading this at school and I loved it, it was so good so interesting. I don't want to give too much away but anyone getting for GCSE would really love it and probably need it like I did. Purchase your own copy to make notes inside and a tip to parents, purchase it brand new or used 'like new' with no writing in it so your child can't use someone else's work ;)

I knocked off a star because the seller I purchased from (second hand books SNaylerBooks) sent me one that was in foul condition, writing all over it, not as described and arrived 8 days past the last expected delivery date, it also had names and people's personal details in it so be warned of that seller!!)

Stargazer False Eye Lashes #16
Stargazer False Eye Lashes #16
Offered by Online Beauty Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars because...., 4 Sep 2013
I love these, they're beautiful, long, full and the picture doesn't do justice to how big and beautiful they really are. However, they are not for those of us with smaller eyes or almond shaped eyes as they dramatically shrink small, evenly or deep set eyes down to tiny squints which makes me sad because I love them.

I would have rated 5 stars if they had been longer and of different lengths but because they're the same length the whole way round if you have't got very large, prominent eyes they will make them look very tiny. (I have normal sized eyes)

They hold good, look great but you will need to get out the white liner and big dolly eyes look to pull them off.

Femfresh 250ml Intimate Hygiene Daily Intimate Wash
Femfresh 250ml Intimate Hygiene Daily Intimate Wash
Offered by Pharmacy Place

5.0 out of 5 stars This really is a brilliant item, 2 Sep 2013
All ladies know it's not good to rub soap into your bits but this is a special intimate soap that you can do with.

It is a PH balanced formula that is lightly scented, non-irritant (even on my sensitive skin) and it really makes you feel clean and fresh. Some women have a slight problem with discharge as they overproduce which is normal but this can drastically help with that problem.

Five star rating, it's a very good, nice product and more than worth what you need it for :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are my children., 2 Sep 2013
These shoes I can honestly say are the best shoes I have ever bought! They are my first pair of UGGS, bought late January 2013 and it is now September 2013 and they are good, comfortable, excellent condition, so much wear, no problems, excellent etc.

So is the hype on UGG really worth it?
YES!! These boots are so comfortable, they are made with warm, sheepskin (real merino sheepskin) not suede like the cheap immitation ones and they are cut EXACTLY to the size someone of the size you buy is. I am a UK size 3 and bought the UGG 3.5 (as they come in half-sizes)and I can honestly say even when worn in they are not baggy, they fit PERFECTLY to my feet, they are warm, comfortable, the sheepskin doesn't wear down in them, so much value for money, they don't slouch and they fit perfectly on my leg.

THEY DO NOT FIT BAGGY LIKE SLIPPERS.

Pros:
Immaculate fit, seriously, better than any shoes.
You can wear them with anything.
Super cute.
Warm
Comfortable.
Durable
Stylish, fashionable, you'll get recognition wearing them. They're cool for anyone of any age!
Strong, thick, good sole.
Nice support.
Can be worn all year round.
They last a long time
If you care for them there's no reason why you can't keep them forever
THEY BECOME YOUR BABIES THE MOMENT YOU GET THEM.

Cons:
Yes they do cost a bomb.
If you have wide lower calves you might have trouble if you have very small feel like a 2-3.
Not waterproof!
Someone who does not walk correctly i.e. they collapse their shoes into the middle will destroy these in about two seconds.

Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil - 071 Pure White
Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil - 071 Pure White

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good product, 1 Sep 2013
I use this product close to every day and have been for a while now, I have to say that it is a very good white eyeliner and I use it to make my eyes look bigger, brighter and make my inner lid look much sharper and defined.

Pros:
Cheap.
Works.
Stays on for a good couple of hours.
Smooth
Doesn't irritate my eyes.
Comes off easily.
Stays clean and free of staining from other liners you will be wearing e.g. black or grey
Doesn't stick to lashes too badly.

Cons:
If you rub it even by a little bit it will disappear completely on outer or inner lids.
I feel like it comes off on one eye more than the other.
You have to put a good bit on to make sure you achieve a good look.
It can get stuck to your lashes and you need to make sure you ALWAYS wear mascara with this because it will make you look like you have conjunctivitis if you don't put mascara on to get rid of the white.

L'Oréal Paris Volume Million Lashes, Extra Black 9 ml
L'Oréal Paris Volume Million Lashes, Extra Black 9 ml
Offered by Virunga

4.0 out of 5 stars I personally love it but I have some major purchase issues...., 1 Sep 2013
First off I'd like to say I've been using this mascara for about two years pretty much every day so I have a very good feel of it, how long it lasts etc. I am 20 and use the colour in Black and it does cover my naturally brownish black eyelashes to a deeper shade of black. You can also use it on your eyebrows but ideally use one with a smaller, softer brush for that rather than this as this is thicker and can smudge easily.

Pros:
It works, it actually does give you longer, thicker lashes.
It lasts a long time, I've gone through possibly four of these in the past two or so years.
It DOES NOT crumble, fall off or wear off throughout the day.
If you like to then you can make your eyelashes clumpy and thick.
Nice, fat brush.
It doesn't hurt too much if you accidentally flick it in your eye.

Cons:
THE ANIMAL TESTING ON THIS IS HORRENDOUS, CUTTING OPEN THE SKULLS, BUTCHERING AND RUBBING IT ON ANIMAL BRAINS AND INTESTINES!! No joke, they had videos up for Loreal they are NOT an anti-animal testing company so if this bothers you BACK AWAY NOW.
It's kind of pricey.
You can easily make your eyelashes look very clumpy and thick.
The brush is hard and kind of sharp.

All in all this is a very good product but personally I don't buy it unless someone else buys it for me, the cruelty to the cute little animals badly puts me off this product.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick, Fatal Red Number 530
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick, Fatal Red Number 530

4.0 out of 5 stars I've been buying this colour for about three years now., 31 Aug 2013
I first bought this product at 17 when I was looking to try out something new, some nice red and because I have a very cold skin tone (strong blue veins on my wrists) and I am very white I was nervously looking for a blue-based colour. This colour is quite good but it would suit a neutral tone (blue-green wrist veins) better than a cool one but it still looks good.

Colour: It is not as bright as you would see in the picture, not at all. It isn't orange either when you put it on but it does have hints of orange in places. It's a strong, bright colour but it isn't a shining beacon of flaming terror it is a strong, brighter red but nothing ridiculous.

Texture: It's easy to apply, very smooth, rubs on it's not slippery, greasy, glossy and once it sets and dries it looks like a nice stain. It doesn't rub off too easily unless you actually rub at it and even then it still stains a little so it's a good application. DO NOT LICK YOUR LIPS BEFORE TRYING TO APPLY OR IT WILL NOT GO ON. Make sure your lips are smooth and not chapped too.

Smell: It has almost no scent apart from the typical sort of plain chapstick smell, no fruit, no food, no perfume it's like almost a plastic sort of smell nothing strong though like a typical lipstick and has virtually no flavour.

Lasting: You can wear this all day but be aware if you are eating and drinking you may need to touch it up in places which for me personally isn't an issue. Don't lick or rub your lips together too much or it spreads. IT HAS NEVER GOTTEN STUCK TO MY TEETH.

Price: For the price it is very good, one of the best, it isn't an overly bold colour and it does look very VINTAGE red like a pin-up, it looks beautiful in photo's really makes my pale pink lips stand out.

I highly recommend this product :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16