Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now
Profile for Avada Kedavra > Reviews

Content by Avada Kedavra

Avada Kedavra (England)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
Sex and the City: The Movie (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray]
Sex and the City: The Movie (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sarah Jessica Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Sex and the city in high definition, utterly charming for a young lady!, 22 Feb. 2013
First of all I have to mention that I bought this DVD second hand in used very good condition and the disc came immaculate from Zoverstocks, but the case was a little scuffed I paid less than half the price of the new copy and I'm very pleased and trust the seller.

THE BLU RAY IS OF BETTER QUALITY THAN THE DVD.

Now I give this a five star rating because as being a massive fan of the series I was excited to see the movie again. This was shipped and arrived very quickly so the first thing I did was stick it in my PS3 and watch. It's a very long film, around three hours in total so it's not for a quick watch you need to sit down at it it's a long story.

The story follows Carrie Bradshaw in New York during the build up to her wedding with John James Preston (Big) she originally chooses what would be the right wedding but vogue asks her to do '40' and cover it as the last single girl, she is given a Vivienne Westwood dress for free and instead of her suit chooses to wear this one. Miranda (still married to Steve) hits a rocky patch and they end up separated, she tells Big he would be crazy to get married causing him to leave the wedding. Carrie and her friends continue to Mexico where Charlotte gets travellers diarrhea after swallowing the water even after trying to avoid it with pudding. When they return Carrie goes back to her old life, I was slightly surprised that she actually went back the way she was so depressed and miserable all the time, Carrie Bradshaw in this state over a man?! shocking. But she gets a PA and in time still does not get over big, eventually they get back together along with Miranda and Steve after Charlotte finds out she's pregnant with baby Rose. In the end as predicted, Carrie does marry Big in a very simple ceremony in her suit.

All in all an excellent watch, very fun and one of my favourites. Definitely worth the money.

Unrequited Love: On Stalking and Being Stalked - A Tale of Obsessive Passion
Unrequited Love: On Stalking and Being Stalked - A Tale of Obsessive Passion
by Gregory Dart

1.0 out of 5 stars A severe disappointment and mostly copy paste work., 21 Feb. 2013
I have read a lot of books about stalking and love, books of this type in general. When I saw this one I took an interest in it so ordered it and what a MISTAKE it was to buy it.

Pros:
156 pages long so it can be read in hours.
Has some information on classical writers and poets.
Has nice cover art.

Cons:
VERY droll and boring to read I couldn't wait to finish it and only did because I refuse to leave a book unfinished.

The story line about this author being stalked lasted well under half of the tiny book and went absolutely nowhere, the stalking wasn't even serious it was just an angry rejected woman venting her annoyance.

Has written a load of information found online and in a few cheap text books to pad out the book with stuff that has absolutely NOTHING to do with stalking.

The author seems to think he is some kind of professional sociologist that could never possibly be wrong even when he himself stalked a girl 8 years younger than him.

The author turns out to be a stalker prowling around the streets at night and the early hours of the morning after a 26 year old who he met at the gym trying to find out where she lived, what she did and had even found out her train and bus routes to work! He hassled her through emails until she ignored him and randomly confronted her after stalking (that she didn't know about) for three months and she rejected him again.

All in all this book is not worth the money I am so glad I bought it second hand and dirt cheap because it really isn't worth the couple of pounds I spent on it.

Welcome to Islam: A Convert's Tale
Welcome to Islam: A Convert's Tale
by Lucy Bushill-Matthews

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting take but I have my suspicions, 15 Feb. 2013
As a Satanist I firmly believe there is no god, devil or supernatural force where we go to when we die. What's it like when you die? The same as before you were born, humans are animals, animals are animals, animals don't go to a special fairy land in the clouds.

However this girl seemed very empowered, confused and curious about Islam. The book is very quick it gives us a few bits about each thing and jumps to the next, it's fast moving and I guess that stops it from being boring however it runs through her life very quickly and you wonder when there are still pages to read just what is going to happen next.

The man this woman marries really surprises me, he isn't how you would expect a typical Muslim man to be, he is giving her power and the space to do as she chooses, I could compare this book to a less detailed programme on BBC 3 which shows lots of white Western women marrying Muslims and converting to Islam.

Is this book worth nearly £10? Short answer. No. It's worth about half the price if not less. It is very informative... sort of... about the Muslim religion and about how women are starting to get a little more choice in this country.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 7:08 PM BST

Sirius Black wand Ollivander's box. Harry Potter Noble Collection.
Sirius Black wand Ollivander's box. Harry Potter Noble Collection.
Offered by The Noble Collection (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A wand of pure magic!!, 15 Feb. 2013
Now this wand by far is a very finely crafted replica. Now I want to warn people that this is NOT a toy even though labelled as one, it is very fragile and brittle, knock it off something, try to bend it or drop it and it will snap and shatter into a thousand pieces, so if buying for a child... don't. It is a prop and a collectors item.

The intricate detail on this beautiful wand is surprising. It comes as it is in the pictures a very pretty little safe box, an official card, well boxed and completely safe from harm. The patterns on this wand have been carved in and look stunning.

All in all Sirius Black's wand is a high quality very beautiful piece, I had someone come over to my house and comment on it. Definitely worth the money, came from the Noble Collector seller and arrived safely in decent time in a big amazon box with a few other things I ordered.

Well worth it for any true Harry Potter/ Sirius Black fan :)

Skylanders Giants - Lightcore Character Pack - Drobot (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/Wii U)
Offered by Mayflower Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars My second favourite Skylander, 28 Jan. 2013
I am playing Skylanders adventure and giants as a twenty year old girl and I can't get enough, the game is not just for children as some challenges are difficult, timed and even a little confusing. It is a very long game only made more entertaining by my purchase of Drobot.

I didn't realise I had bought the lightcore Drobot as for several weeks I have been desperate to buy him, at a reasonable price I purchased him on Monday and he arrived on Saturday morning.
The lightcore when placed on the portal of power lights through the centre of the figure and the Skylander on screen.

Pros of Drobot:
Technical element.
When levelled up becomes durable.
Excellent upgrades
Easier mini game areas
Adorable
Has a hilarious laugh and makes random odd comments.
Pretty strong.
Puts another sticker on your chart

Cons:
This Skylander cannot move as fast as some other's e.g. Cynder and Sonic Boom
Not the best for abilities.
Can die easily due to hindering speed and power in his eye lazers and razor gears
Gears are difficult to aim as they shoot from his wings
Will not work on Skylanders adventure and visa versa.

I personally highly recommend Drobot for anyone wanting to add to their Skylanders collection. (DROBOT AND LIGHTCORE DROBOT ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE CHART)

Proffesor Remus Lupin Character Wand. Harry Potter The Noble Collection
Proffesor Remus Lupin Character Wand. Harry Potter The Noble Collection
Offered by The Noble Collection (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought from the Studios but still Noble Collection, 28 Jan. 2013
This is by far the highest quality wand replica from the Noble collection. It isn't as thin and flimsy as the others with a decent weight the handle is beautifully twisted and sculpted with a fine polish all over. You can really see where the darker brown gently fades lighter without blunt paint stains. The pictures do not do it any justice and I will be posting my own images to show you.

Arrives beautifully presented in a long padded box, be careful you don't yank it out and break it as it is still very fragile.

THIS IS NOT A TOY, on the side of the box as with most of them it comes with a `14+ years age written on it as this is a Noble Collection movie prop replica made from resin and some are made from wood, they are not durable and will shatter if dropped or tapped against a wall, you could snap them with your hands so these are not for children.

I can't recommend this wand enough it is beautiful, the Noble Collection seller also does as described and usually ships one day earlier than said.

Nymphadora Tonks Character Wand. Harry Potter Noble Collection.
Nymphadora Tonks Character Wand. Harry Potter Noble Collection.
Offered by filmandtvstuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for collection although not like the picture., 25 Jan. 2013
Ordered from the Noble Collection seller, this wand arrived by Friday when ordered on Tuesday (with 2-3 days to ship) so I'm very pleased about that. Came packaged in a tough cardboard box, signed for so make sure you're in and well protected.

In the wand box you get a sleeve over the green NC box with Tonk's name printed on it, the wand comes with a little stand with her name on.

I do have my doubts about this and being an owner of several other wands I am not 100% happy with this one. It's very flimsy even compared to the others and it DOES NOT look perfectly like the picture, instead of coloured stripes you get dark brown little roughly done painted bits around the wand, the handle is not smoothly done and rather skinny if you squeezed it hard it would snap. These wands are not toys by any means, hit them against a wall or other object and they will shatter.

It looks professional but the quality of the wand has made me have my doubts about the legitimacy of the product however overall it isn't too bad. Don't expect it to look lovely like the picture because it doesn't match it even to the colour it's a little bit off.

£27 including recorded delivery, not bad.

Once again this is NOT a toy it will shatter, can be squeezed to breaking point and will snap.

AmberJay 9ct Gold Pearshape Cubic Zirconia & Ruby Pendant
AmberJay 9ct Gold Pearshape Cubic Zirconia & Ruby Pendant

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 29 Dec. 2012
This arrived very quickly without a chain on it so the price was outrageous, I was very sceptical the moment I opened it and took it to the jewellers yesterday, what did they tell me? FAKE gold, and a fake Ruby.
Absolute waste of money, it looks nice but not worth it.

Withering Tights (The Misadventures of Tallulah Casey)
Withering Tights (The Misadventures of Tallulah Casey)
by Louise Rennison

1.0 out of 5 stars The author has embarrassed herself with this book, 28 Dec. 2012
VERY disappointing considering the amazing series from Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging. The Georgia Nicholson series have always been good, I've loved the books and the film for about four years now since I was 15 and I was excited to read this one however the blurb is really misleading.

Cons:
It feels like it might go somewhere, that something may happen but it doesn't it just builds up a little then flops, curls up and dies.

A lanky girl with scabby knees has never kissed a boy, she's very immature, goes to a PA school over the summer, gets kissed, goes on a boring date and performs in a play falling off a bike. Does that sound exciting? No.

I cringed on every page of this but I absolutely insist upon finishing a book no matter how awful it is because I can't leave things unfinished, that is the only reason why I finished it.

Whenever you think you can see another branch of the storyline, YOU CAN'T because it doesn't go anywhere, anything you think might happen other than what you are told will definitely happen, doesn't.

It bored me to tears.

Absolute waste of money.

Pros:
The cover art is quite nice.

It really isn't worth your time reading, not for a child, adult or teen, it was boring, misleading, cringe worthy and didn't go anywhere you could write a better story in 15 minutes at lunch.
'Girl is tall, girl goes to a Performing arts school in Yorkshire, people are grumpy, she has a boring date, gets kissed, hangs about with a 10 year old, falls off a bike, goes home' end of :/ don't waste time and money on this, thankfully this was my freebie in an offer I'm happy no money was spent.

Swarovski Elements Crystal Four Leaf Clover Pendant Necklace 19" With A Gift Box -CN9034SG
Offered by vankel

2.0 out of 5 stars had it under 12 hours and it broke, looks okay though, 28 Dec. 2012
It does look very cheap what you can't see in the picture is that the green crystals have been quite poorly glued onto some of that cheap, what looks like silver painted gun metal or something but of quite poor quality. When it came it arrived in one of those holiday souvenir packets of 'fashion accessories' not even a little bag just one of those bits of cardboard with plastic over them like a kids one.

The chain is a good length however I had it on today and was very gentle with it and still one of the links came loose and the chain broke this evening. I squashed it back together and will have to get some very small pliers to push the links tightly closed so this doesn't happen again however I do have a feeling it may need to be put on another form of chain perhaps some rope.

The colour is almost accurate, the silver paint over it is not all that accurate, you can't really see the crystals in the second leaf on the left but for the price it isn't bad. I will continue to wear it although not on this chain or in wet weather just in case the crystals fall off.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16