Profile for Flashsta > Reviews

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Anna Faris
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids. Excellent Comedy, 9 Oct. 2010
I went to see this movie at the London IMAX in 3D as I was impatiently waiting for Avatar to come out and I had not experienced a 3D movie since the Michael Jackson movie Captain...something ...whatever that I saw at Disney World in the late 80's. I was not expecting to enjoy the movie as much as I did. The comedy in it is better than most live action I have seen. The humour in it is fast paced and even though the design is cute and delicious to look at (forgive the pun) you real do feel the peril once the movie turns a bit "Day After Tomorrow" but with food.

The supporting cast is genius, with Mr T the town Sherriff, Bruce Campbell as the Mayor and James Caan as the main characters father. Children would love this movie but I cannot recommend this movie enough for adults as the fillmmakers have defintely catered for them. (Excuse the pun..what is with me).

The Man Who Folded Himself
The Man Who Folded Himself
by David Gerrold

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind Bending, 8 Oct. 2009
This book is one of the most personal science fiction books I have ever read. Definitely read this if you're into time travel books. Such a simple but unique take on the genre.