Profile for Andrea K. Toven > Reviews

Content by Andrea K. Toven

Andrea K. Toven (Laramie, WY)

Six
Six

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Six (Audio CD)
I got my copy in the mail today from the Singers' US distributor. Super disc! Singing is superb as ever. My only niggle is that the tempo is track 5 is too zippy for my tastes, but I can live with that. For those of you waiting patiently for a CD with the current lineup of Hurley, Tyson, Phoenix, Lawson, Gabbitas, and Connolly, this is it!!

The King`s Singers
The King`s Singers

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice reissue of an early treasure, 27 Nov. 2000
This review is from: The King`s Singers (Audio CD)
This is my 4th incarnation of this recording (original LP, reissued LP, CD re-release, and now this). The liner notes include a nice write-up by Brian Kay, the KS original bass. Get this and listen to it, and immediately follow it with a listening of the k's latest, "fire~water". You will be stunned by the growth!

Songs of the British Isles
Songs of the British Isles

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of selections for the folksongs junkie!, 15 Nov. 2000
I'm known in my circle of friends as a sucker for British folksongs, so when I found this disc, PLUS saw that a friend of mine is one of the soloists, I had to get it. There are 33 selections on here, both well-known tunes and ones I'd not heard of. Very good stuff! My only complaint is that the production of some tracks sounds like an old-style gramophone recording, like it was sung in a tin can. Hollow, and not "live" like the rest of the disc. Other than that fault, this is a super disc, and you can't beat the price!