Profile for James Hardiman > Reviews

Content by James Hardiman

James Hardiman "James Hardiman" (Eastleigh, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ammonium Sulphamate 5Kg
Ammonium Sulphamate 5Kg
Offered by Mistral

3.0 out of 5 stars Very expensive for the quantity supplied., 24 July 2016
This review is from: Ammonium Sulphamate 5Kg
Incredibly expensive! I hadn't realised how small the quantity was until it arrived. Last time I bought ammonium sulphamate I got 25kg for roughly this price, not 5kg!

Double Flame Blow Torch Lighter, Uten Culinary Refillable Butane Gas Blowtorch for Creme Brulee BBQ Welding Soldering Brazing
Offered by sanzoom

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine, but ..., 24 July 2016
Just one problem ... you refill the gas by buying a universal gas refill ... but they come with a range of nozzle adaptors (my can has 5), and, depending on brand, you choose no adaptor, or one of the adaptors. But, of course, this torch is of no known brand. I tried using no adaptor, and it seemed to work, but there was a big smell of gas, and no way of knowing when it's full (I notice that similar torches on Amazon have a window on the tank, so you can see the gas level). And the instructions (just printed on the side of the box, and here on the Amazon page) don't give any help about filling ... just says you need to do it (I figured that!)

Beyond Beliefs: The Lost Teachings of Sydney Banks
Beyond Beliefs: The Lost Teachings of Sydney Banks
by Linda Quiring

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but very expensive for the size, 23 July 2016
It's a really interesting book, but I feel that it's shockingly expensive for such a VERY slim tome. It's a small format, and scarcely 70 pages. I'd not be whinging if it were £4.95!

iNeibo Kitchen Premium Silicone Tongs - Pack of 2, 9"and 12" - Non-slip & Easy Grip Stainless Steel Handle - Smart Locking Clip - Heat Resistant, Food Grade - Handy Utensil For Cooking, Serving, Barbecue, Buffet, Salad, Ice, Oven (Black)
Offered by Keisound-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen tongs ever, 23 July 2016
Well thought out, from the hand-friendly grips, to the clever little feature that easily locks them shut for storage, we love these tongs. And the price seems very reasonable for what you get. They are SO much better than our old tongs (which broke) that they are changing the way we cook (oh! I could use the tongs for this ...). And you get two pair, different sizes. Now, I really have to go get a life; waxing lyrical about kitchen tongs at 8:00am on a Saturday morning! Or I could go cook some sausages for breakfast and use the tongs to turn them over as they cook.

New BetterBack (Doctor Recommended) - Lower Back Support Belt - Effortlessly Improves Posture And Eases Lower Back Pain While You Sit Down ( In Just 15 Mins A Day )
Offered by The Better Corp

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves me a fortune in osteopath bills!, 15 July 2016
Brilliant idea, well made, light and easy to carry about. Holds my back in a good position, as good as (better than?) a specially-designed chair.

I have suffered with lower back problems for 52 years, and have been seeing an osteopath regularly for most of that time ... the osteopath puts my spine back in place, but then I get lazy, or something happens and it goes out again. As an osteopath session costs me £50, the BetterBack only has to save me two osteopath session in my entire life, and I'm in profit!

Exquisite Mind: How a New Paradigm Transformed My Life ... and is Sweeping the World
by Terry Rubenstein

5.0 out of 5 stars The most hopeful book I have ever read (and I've read a few!), 26 April 2016
I'm new to the Three Principles ... I first heard about them six weeks ago, when a friend encouraged me to go to an evening talk in NW London. Something "grabbed" me, and since then I have been hoovering up everything I can find on the Internet and You Tube, particularly the works of 3P founder, Sydney Banks. All this led me to the launch of Exquisite Mind a few weeks back ... and I have been gripped ever since.

If you have been a seeker of personal change, like me (been most places in my 68 years; got a drawer full of t-shirts), then prepare for the Three Principles being different from anything you have previously experienced. And if your bookshelves, like mine, are laden with books on psychology, philosophy, personal development and so on ... prepare for Exquisite Mind to be different from all the others.

The author has generously shared her own experiences so that we can get a sense of what the Three Principles have meant to her, personally, and to people she has helped.

It's a delightful and hopeful book: read it!

EGG POACHER PACK OF 2 SILICONE GREEN EGG POACHERS GREAT FOR MAKING PERFECT POACHED EGGS. EGG POACHING MADE EASY WITH THESE SILICONE POACHERS. Free Lifetime Guarantee!! Better than Electric Egg Poacher / Mircowave Egg Poacher / Egg Poacher Pan / Egg Boiler / paper Egg poacher / Fusion Brands / Poached Eggs / EGG YOLK
Offered by UMKY

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ... but ..., 26 Feb. 2016
These poaching pods will give you perfect poached eggs ... with a bit of care. Firstly, don't buy them with out one of those poaching pod lifters that Amazon will tell you about. When the eggs are done, and ready to come out, they are HOT! Don't try and lift them out with your fingers, or you'll dance round the kitchen, yelling, and the pod will probably drop back in the pan, upside down.

And, deep frustration, the pods will arrive so fast your head will spin ... but the lifter comes from a slower company. So either be patient abd wait ... or use a slotted spoon!

Next ... it says to lubricate the pods with olive oil (optional). It's not optional (we tried both ways) ... and a smear of butter works much better (and tastes better). Then they just slide right out.

The instructions say "5-8 minutes". It's only 8 minutes if you like your yolks like rocks! I'd say keep them going until the whites are just set. We have large eggs, laid by our own girls, and they take scarcely 5 minutes if we want runny yolks (which we do!)

SET OF 10 COLOURED REUSABLE PLASTIC PARTY PICNIC BBQ CAMPING DINNER PLATES DISHES (YELLOW)

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly flimsy ... two broken already., 24 Feb. 2016
I knew they were cheap, but they are so flimsy that two of them have already cracked in half. Paper plates would have been better.

Bigjigs Toys Jumbo Dominoes
Bigjigs Toys Jumbo Dominoes
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Got these for my one year old grandson. He loves them., 22 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Bigjigs Toys Jumbo Dominoes (Game)
They are large enough to hold, but won't go in his mouth! The wood makes a very satisfactory sound, when clicked together, and you can pile them up. He also points to the spots, and we quietly say how many. They will be great in the future for introducing various arithmetic concepts, but for now he mostly enjoys stacking them up, applauding himself, then knocking them over!

Good value: recommended.

The Fight for Fordhall Farm
The Fight for Fordhall Farm
by Ben & Charlotte Hollins

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring story and a great read, 2 Oct. 2015
I already knew a lot about the story of Fordhall Farm having first heard about it in Rebecca Hosking's BBC documentary, "Farm for the Future". We had also studied the Fordhall website (www.Fordhall.com) before visiting Fordhall.

And now I've read the book. I have never before come across a non-fiction book that was such a page-turner that I read it cover to cover. A tremendous inspiration: I'm now about to read Arthur Hollins' books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5